Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

couple races overdue for posting. 04 stang gt and 07 stang v6:P

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple races overdue for posting. 04 stang gt and 07 stang v6:P

the first race was agaisnt a white 03-04 mustang GT. he had exhaust. only mod i know of.

from a stoplight we took off. and im having to ease in and out of the throttle

and my dang car shifts early into 2nd gear lol. but by 70 mph i still pull past them and i let off. well we get to the next light and he said lets go again. so we go again. and this time my tires gripped better from the spinning last time. i launched pretty good. by 100 i had 5-6 cars on him.

couple days later 2 girls in a brand new 07 v6 stang. was at a stop light and to the left of them was a celica i belive. and i was behind the celica. well they both took off. and the stang was winning to i jumped over behind the stang then just Blew by them and let them hear the full effects of my dual exhaust lol.

We get to a red light. and i just look over and smile. and so i drop my top down while we are sitting their and we take off again. i just stayed beside them. cause of traction issues but by 50 mph i had grip again and... well yea. no contest. i waved to them and took my exit.

i have ran my car at the track since last year. and i know im a few tenths faster and couple mph quicker than my current times. at the time of my runs. my car wasnt running to well. bad sparkplug /misfire/ really Bad positive camber on my front left tire. and crappy weather

I really am excited after getting new plug/fixing the misfire and the alignment. to get back to a track. ive also seafoamed my car and can feel the smoothness that my car runs now.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, that sounds about right seeing that a 99-04 GT with just exhaust would have to have a GOOD driver to hit a 13.7-13.8. I've heard that Seafoam can actually be harmful to your engine (I was thinking about doing it to my old car)... have you heard any negative side effects, besides an accidental hydrolock?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive talked to 10-15 people on here. and a few buddies of mine who work at advance auto heck even the tuner guys praise seafoam. a few people have had sparkplugs go bad because of the seafoam breaking up all the carbon and such. but for the gains of having the internals of your engine cleaned. its worth it. and if your sparkplugs do go out then they was going to soon anyhow. though that is rare. if you go to the general maintenace section on the forum their is a sticker post just for seafoam.

im supposed to race a guy in a 98ish stang GT with stage 2 heads and exhaust. its goin to be ugly for him also rofl. he is a guy down at the local advance auto. he backed out of the race few days ago when one of his friends tried to put him on the spot lol.

just curious. your name says "irunelevens" you wont run 11's with those mods and that low of hp to weight ratio
Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 PM
***Repost Police***

Wow... I didn't know that my 267rwhp 3500lb 3.27-geared Mustang couldn't run 11s . I made this SN back when I had my bike.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ahaha. i was gonna say your either bsing big time. or you have the lightest mustang in existence lol

are those numbers after your mods?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 PM
***Repost Police***

Yes. Stock 99-04 GT 5spds typically dyno ~230rwhp.