Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mustang respect

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Takes a douch bag to spot a douch bag . Good kill. In conclustion of this thread, I think we can all agree that we are all douch bags. -Mark
Awww. Do I have to be a douch BAG? I want to be the little prehensile tip of the douch...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Nice kill
It's awesome when a 6 year old car kills a new stang

"Not all mustang owners are douch bags"
I own one 2. I don't thing I'm A douch bag
Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

I agree with him. Around here there are a lot of 94 – 04 GT’s that just think they are the best thing god ever created. Every time I see one they want to rev up and act all tough and It just makes me shake my head and laugh. Now there are a good amount of F-bodys around here, some cammed some supercharged and they don’t start half the crap these GT’s w/ only a catback do. Now maybes its just me but if I see something w/ a 150 or so more hp then me will I try to “show off” no. Would I run them? Sure I race for fun not money so I would try anything just to see how I stack up. With all this said I do have a few mustang friends and there are some cool ones but when it comes to around my part of PA they are much bigger Aholes then the ls1’s I see. Just my .02
Old 04-09-2007, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

What? who respects mustangs....Hahahahaha.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by T'sBlack99Z28
I agree with him. Around here there are a lot of 94 – 04 GT’s that just think they are the best thing god ever created. Every time I see one they want to rev up and act all tough and It just makes me shake my head and laugh. Now there are a good amount of F-bodys around here, some cammed some supercharged and they don’t start half the crap these GT’s w/ only a catback do. Now maybes its just me but if I see something w/ a 150 or so more hp then me will I try to “show off” no. Would I run them? Sure I race for fun not money so I would try anything just to see how I stack up. With all this said I do have a few mustang friends and there are some cool ones but when it comes to around my part of PA they are much bigger Aholes then the ls1’s I see. Just my .02
But I did just remeber the time I tryed to talk to some guy w/ a stock TA just to tell him I liked the car and he thought my ride was complete trash. He said it was trash beacuse I had a base ls1 and not a upgraded Ram Air ls1. To bad I would of killed his "upgraded ram air ls1" but yea well every group of people have there idots.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Hold on guys, don't be too quick to bash the poster on his comment, I think I know what he's talking about. I know in my experience alot of Mustang owners I've met happened to have the "I drive a Mustang therefore I cannot be beaten" attitude. I've met a handfull of cool owners too, but most of the one's I've met in person are too cocky. I've actually met only one F-Body driver that was a douche bag, mostly all cool people that I've met. I guess it's just all about who you meet.

Last edited by Formula_X; 04-09-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I think we can all agree that we are all douch bags. -Mark
I can handle being a douch bag, as long as I'm not a *** Hat, I don't ever want to be an *** Hat
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Teching In

I'd just like to spend more time where the douche bag nipple goes!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's usually (from my experience) the LS1 owners that are the douchebags... they tend to overestimate their own cars, and underestimate everyone else's. Like I know this kid with a GORGEOUS SOM '02 WS6 6spd, that claims he ran a 12.3 stock, and said my car wouldn't even come close to his once I get 4.10s, in the 1/8 mile. He WAS drunk at the time, but that still = douchebag.
All of this coming from "irunelevens" who has a 270hp mustang that runs hi 13's and has not contributed a damn thing to this site outside of the street racing section. yea....douchebag
Old 04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
All of this coming from "irunelevens" who has a 270hp mustang that runs hi 13's and has not contributed a damn thing to this site outside of the street racing section. yea....douchebag
x2
Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

my best friend drives a 98 cobra and he always compliments my car and i do the same to his
Old 04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Hmmmm...I don't contribute much beyond the street racing section either. Guess that settles it, I'm a douchebag. But I really like this section. It's my favorite.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T'sBlack99Z28
Nice car.. I noticed you are near me. This summer we should run the cars.. I would like to see how my car will fair against a cammed, 4:10 ls1. I ran an STS C5 with my old turbo and it wasn't pretty. But like you I run for fun. Maybe we can get a few locals and get it on video.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Nice car.. I noticed you are near me. This summer we should run the cars.. I would like to see how my car will fair against a cammed, 4:10 ls1. I ran an STS C5 with my old turbo and it wasn't pretty. But like you I run for fun. Maybe we can get a few locals and get it on video.
Hey thanks. So when you say it wasn't pretty I take it you mean he killed you and not that you crushed him? Cuz that sounds like a LOT of car (sts c5)lol.That had me thinking if you beat that vet, if I would fun you I might as well leave my ls1 at home and just bring my bicycle lol.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Randy_W
I'd just like to spend more time where the douche bag nipple goes!
Good point. LOL.

I usually spend my time in the ET forums and the Drag racing Tech. I figured you can basically apply the same principles to both platforms. -Mark
Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
No offense taken at all.

But even If he didn't tell you nice car and give you thumbs up, does that make him a "Douche bag"? IMO, as long as he didn't do anything stupid like flip you off after you beating him, everything is good.

I think respect comes from the driver of the car. Or atleast should. But most times the disrespect comes from the guy who thinks his car is unbeatable. Everyone hates this type of attitude no matter where it comes from.

I think it's more of the other driver not giving your car the respect it deserves more than anything else. But the Stang showed you your respect and got yours in return.
now i think this is the smartest thing ive read in this thread
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Typical statement in the "Kills" Forum on a Mustang Site:

"Most LS1 owners are douche bags, some are ok. But most of the Mustang guys I've met are cool".

Typical statement in the "Kills" Forum on an LS1 Site:

"Most Mustang owners are douche bags, some are ok. But most of the LS1 guys I've met are cool".

Typical statement in the "Kills" Forum on a Ricer Site:

"Most domestic owners are douche bags, some are ok. But most of the import guys I've met are cool".

Carry on.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Like i said before sry if i offended any mustang owner. I might of been quick to judge. If so i guess im a douch bag.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 PM
***Repost Police***

You're coming out of ****** left field with that one. Did I hurt your feelings or something? What a baby.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

I've only met 1 mustang owner in person that I like, and he has a beautiful Cobra. Every other mustang in my town either tries fly-bys or pulls some kind of assholeish move. Not just mustangs, but many imports as well. If there were more LT1/LS1 in town I would probably get the same effect, but I can about count them all on my fingers and toes.

Seems like a fair amount of the mustang guys around here are cool, though.