Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Blown SRT10 vs. bolt-on '01 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And my car pretty much is gutted. I just haven't gone as far as cutting things and I still have the stock plastics/door panels/dash/headliner. Other than that the only thing inside is a drivers seat, steering wheel, shifter, ebrake. Car weighs 3200 without me in it.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by edwardswb
And my car pretty much is gutted. I just haven't gone as far as cutting things and I still have the stock plastics/door panels/dash/headliner. Other than that the only thing inside is a drivers seat, steering wheel, shifter, ebrake. Car weighs 3200 without me in it.
Your comment that your car could "probably" hit low 12's is funny.
In that case I think my car can probably hit low 9's....
ANYWAY.... dude that truck would be trapping a good 6-7 mph faster than you and there is no way you hung from a roll especially with him getting the hit.
And how is it that everytime you post there is something different about your car, more mods, gutted, etc.
I still stick to BS on this one, get a video and I will believe it. And yea whats the guys number I will call him for the hell of it.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I know that especially in a high horsepower vehicle driving experience in detrimental to putting it to the ground. I've seen vehicles that "shouldn't" hit a certain number because of horsepower or suspension, etc. Being able to hit the gears or knowing how to plant the power to the ground is key. Good kill Billy and maybe we can race him again when I'm home this weekend. =)
Old 04-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Launching!

I Absolutely love the srt's
Old 04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Your comment that your car could "probably" hit low 12's is funny.
In that case I think my car can probably hit low 9's....
ANYWAY.... dude that truck would be trapping a good 6-7 mph faster than you and there is no way you hung from a roll especially with him getting the hit.
And how is it that everytime you post there is something different about your car, more mods, gutted, etc.
I still stick to BS on this one, get a video and I will believe it. And yea whats the guys number I will call him for the hell of it.

I divulged as much info about my car as possible because of guys like you that want to run their ******* mouths about how this or that shouldn't happen. Street races suck because of so many variables. Traction says I won both races. I don't need a video to prove anything because I tell the truth. I'm not even sure exactly what "him getting the hit" means. Can you explain this foreign street racing slang to me? I'll PM you his number.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chadder
I'm gonna have to call BS that you beat a 600+hp truck in your mostly stock f-body. A 600rwhp truck could pull 10's no prob. You aren't quite at 10's... Even if he was the worst driver in the world on street tires, he still should be able to reel you in and put some cars on you on the big end.

not really, my friend's 03 lighting is making 650 hp and he runs low 12's.
whats your location edwardswb?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Well Chadder...it happened, twice. I have his number if you'd like to call him and find out for yourself? Those trucks are HEAVY as hell. More detail on my car is that it weighs in at 3450lbs with me in it and put down 350hp/362tq. Has most of the bolt ons..haven't installed my FTRA yet and still has the stock harmonic balancer. I'm not too shabby at rowing that T56 either.
huh...there it is in the 5th post. I told everyone what my car weighed and what it put down on the dyno and the mods. Any questions?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

JTH2000SS--just west of you man, towards Chickasha. Are you talking about the White lightning with the crazy flames?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

JTH2000SS--just west of you man, towards Chickasha. Are you talking about the White lightning with the crazy flames?
yea man thats it, what does your car look like im sure i've seen it before im always over there.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Black Z28, SS spoiler, Clear black signals all around/black halos, black Z06 wheels(no silver lip),drilled/slotted rotors/red calipers Used to have the stainless 3" CME on it.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Black Z28, SS spoiler, Clear black signals all around/black halos, black Z06 wheels(no silver lip),drilled/slotted rotors/red calipers Used to have the stainless 3" CME on it.
i dont guess i have ever seen you in town before. maby you have seen my car. its a NBM SS with crome ZR1's. do you crusie very often?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Good runs.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Pworld. GTOJIMMY: YOU HAVE A PM WITH HIS # IN IT. LET US ALL KNOW HOW THINGS GO.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JTH2000SS
i dont guess i have ever seen you in town before. maby you have seen my car. its a NBM SS with crome ZR1's. do you crusie very often?
I don't bring it out too much. I haven't seen your car either. You cruise it around Chickasha? Next time you go, shoot me a pm and we'll meet up. PM me anyway, there's some good stuff goin on around here this weekend.

CHRIS: dude, are you bringing your car back from Cali or am I smokin' the happy pipe?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't bring it out too much. I haven't seen your car either. You cruise it around Chickasha? Next time you go, shoot me a pm and we'll meet up. PM me anyway, there's some good stuff goin on around here this weekend.

CHRIS: dude, are you bringing your car back from Cali or am I smokin' the happy pipe?
yea i crusie Chickasha pretty often. i might be in town friday if its not storming. i'll pm you and let you know what im doing
Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JTH2000SS
yea i crusie Chickasha pretty often. i might be in town friday if its not storming. i'll pm you and let you know what im doing
Yeah, let me know. There's a dyno day this weekend too. OKGMP club up at X.P. in OKC
Old 04-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

I'm not even sure exactly what "him getting the hit" means. Can you explain this foreign street racing slang to me? .
Are you serious?
"Getting the Hit" - This form of foreign street racing slang comes from the origin of anyone who has ever had a conversation with anyone who actually street races. It means getting the jump, let me use it in a situation for you.

Billy goes out to the street races in his 12 second Z28, he is looking for a good time and maybe a race. He runs across Joey who has an 11 second GTO, of course Billy has no chance against the GTO which would completely clown on his Z28. So Billy, while having a conversation about the race says to Joey, "OK man if we are gunna race then you have to give me the hit." In which Joey responds, "OK you may have the hit."

After the race Billy and Joey go down to the strip club, now as newly best friends. One of the strippers asks if they want to snort some coke of her titty, in which Billy responds, "OK give me the hit." Joey gets mad at Billy because he wanted the hit so to get even with Billy he goes to Billy's house and proceeds to have wild sex with his wife on video. Later that night he decides to post it on YouTube for everyone to see. Now Billy is really angry and coked up, so he goes to Joey's house and hits him with three slugs to the face.

Moral of the story is NEVER agree to giving anyone the hit, otherwise you may get shot in the face.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Interesting...now considering neither he nor I gave eachother the hit it's irrelevant but thanks for the explanation on something that I will never need. We went from a even dig the first time, from an even 20-25mph roll the second time. Now did you make your phone call yet or not? Hooah...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, let me know. There's a dyno day this weekend too. OKGMP club up at X.P. in OKC
I've heard people mention the OKGMP club but i dont know much about them, ive been meaning to get on their website and check it out. how much does the dyno day cost to enter?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

I believe it's $40 for non-members. The forum is www.okgmp.com Very cool group.