Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Walked a brand new Porsche Cayman S.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 09:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zo6iscool
Umm no
It's o.k. for you to have an opinion, too. BTW, nice mullet, been wearing it long?
Old 04-12-2007 | 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Randy_W
It's o.k. for you to have an opinion, too. BTW, nice mullet, been wearing it long?
Well I'm not the one with a silverado it's all cool
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zo6iscool
Well I'm not the one with a silverado it's all cool
I know where you can get one! Mullet that is, I ain't sellin' my truck!

What do you drive, anyway?
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:16 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill!
Old 04-13-2007 | 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

For those that are defending the Caymen S, They are great road races.....but the reason I agree they are overpriced..is most daily driven cars..see street light to street light....which is straight line.....in that aspect, that are extremely over priced.
Old 04-13-2007 | 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
For those that are defending the Caymen S, They are great road races.....but the reason I agree they are overpriced..is most daily driven cars..see street light to street light....which is straight line.....in that aspect, that are extremely over priced.
Well pony, I guess you're in the mullet brigade too!
Old 04-13-2007 | 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy_W
Well pony, I guess you're in the mullet brigade too!

- you just called me Joe Dirt.
Old 04-13-2007 | 06:01 PM
***Repost Police***

So they're overpriced because they aren't optimal for street racing?
Old 04-13-2007 | 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So they're overpriced because they aren't optimal for street racing?
Wow....you are great with the reading skills.....where did I say street racing? I said street light to street light, which is straight line...so to have a caymen S as a daily driver (IE: CAN'T USE IT AS IT'S INTENDED), makes it over priced. The car is intended to handle CURVES....CORNERS.....IE: CORNER CARVER......but everyday driving is STRAIGHT LINE ACCELERATION......stop sign, stop light, on-ramp, passing traffic. SO..to pay $50k for a car that can do all that as fast as a muscle car that costs half of that...IS INDEED A DEFINITION OF OVER-PRICED. Not to mention, most owners don't even do it that fast...they are too busy having fun witht he 'hey look at me' Image factor.

DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR JUNIOR?
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:17 PM
***Repost Police***

There are PLENTY of opportunities for me to take advantage of a good-handling car, everyday. You don't need a road course. Just a nice road with a some good corners will let you enjoy a car like that. Not to say that you still won't take it to auto-x/roadcourse, but it's not like you still can't have ALOT of fun with it on the street.
Old 04-13-2007 | 07:22 PM
Administrator

Since when is a $50K car expensive these days?
Old 04-14-2007 | 03:53 PM
***Repost Police***

I know, right?
Old 04-14-2007 | 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I know, right?
Someone's been browsing the Shelby catalog..
Old 04-14-2007 | 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
Well....when it comes to a car that costs 50k that runs mid 13s and has a 0-60 to that of a stang GT that is 25k less....it is expensive. And not everyone can fork out 50k on a car....so to some it is expensive. Why do you think the pony cars have been around (and are starting to come back big time) for so long?......Blue collar people.

Like I said IRUNELEVENS.....it is not often that car can truly be used as it was intended on a daily basis. Using it as a road coarse ***** is one thing..but as a DD..it is nothing more than a 'hey look at me'. Sure, there are nice roads that could make that car fun..but most 'decent' handling cars can make that same road fun. it makes nothing special out of a caymen S.
Old 04-14-2007 | 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

i would definitly not call porsches overpriced, like stated before they are a superb handling cars and designed specifically for the track and while a stang gt can hang with it if not beat it in the qt mile, it is a competely differnt story on a real track. to each is own, there are a lot of people that buy roadsters maily for driving cury backroads and tracks, and some people like us want fast cars in a straightline from light to light, that still has good handling, the only really "weak" porsche is the boxster and thats the cheapest one. bottom line id take a porsche anyday.
Old 04-15-2007 | 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
Yea, we know, elevens are slow and $50k for a ride is cheap, turbo LS1's don't have enough h.p. and everybody's car is slow compared to your's. Does arrogance run in your family, or did you get it all.
Old 04-15-2007 | 09:35 AM
On The Tree

(violin playing)
Old 04-15-2007 | 12:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Well....when it comes to a car that costs 50k that runs mid 13s and has a 0-60 to that of a stang GT that is 25k less....it is expensive. And not everyone can fork out 50k on a car....so to some it is expensive. Why do you think the pony cars have been around (and are starting to come back big time) for so long?......Blue collar people.

Like I said IRUNELEVENS.....it is not often that car can truly be used as it was intended on a daily basis. Using it as a road coarse ***** is one thing..but as a DD..it is nothing more than a 'hey look at me'. Sure, there are nice roads that could make that car fun..but most 'decent' handling cars can make that same road fun. it makes nothing special out of a caymen S.
You don't look at buying a Cayman, if you have the "Well a Trans Am could beat me in a dragrace" mentality. People that buy that car, buy it because that is the car that they want. Kinda reminds me of the "You should get an EVO or STi instead of an S2000" people. If I'm looking at an S2000... why the hell would I want an EVO?