Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trans-Am vs C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and demitris your the on dreaming. we arent talking about modding. moron this is a stock for stock. and if it was modding dont even fool yourself into thinking a 300zx will match an ls1 or ls2...

300zx tt's can be fast. but they still will fall behind. simple fact

and dont bring up easy 420 hp anything. esp if your talking rwhp. it takes more than a few bolt ons for a 300zx tt to reach that not to mention the added maintenance and beefin up of the drivetrain you gotta do to them.

your in a fantasy land. rofl

like the other guy said. a C5 will Beat a 300zx tt. a camaro/TA will beat a 300zx tt.

dont make the 300zx tt to be something its not.

a 300zx and a 350z are about even. i would give the edge to the 300zx rofl and neither of those are in the league of c5 or c6 vettes or ls1 camaro and birds.

and please dont say well modded blah blah. because hopefully your not dumb enough to go their. cause i dont think you want to bring in modded LS1 and ls2 power cars.

300zx tt is a mid to high 13 sec car. auto are High 13's low 14's

c5/c6/ auto and manuals are all mid to LOW 13's and faster. including the verts they have more power and weigh less.

only reason a 300 would win is poor driving on the other cars fault. and thats not the argument.

ROFL a 300zx a race up top for a c6? AHHAHAHA a c6 auto vet with the top down would walk away from a 300zx tt

OHYEA GOOD KILLS and nice death!

Last edited by GXPPOWER; 04-21-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone who thinks a stock 300Z TT(or Supra TT) is a fast car and can beat C5/6 Corvettes is stuck in 1990, not to mention living in The Fast and the Furious fantasy park.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Teching In

I've got a 96 Formula (LT1), had it since the year 2000, it's normal bolt-on car. My car out ran a 300zx tt, not by much, but I out ran him. He had at least exhaust. A 300zx will not touch a C5, or a C6. Supras are a different story, have'nt raced a stock Supra, raced a BPU Supra, and got my fellings hurt (Highway run).
Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Nice death. Gotta love those sleepers.LOL And anyone who thinks a 300zx TT will run with a C5 is............................
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

ROFL at the peeps saying that stock (they said stock for stock right) a 300zx twin turbo would be a good race for a C6 on the highway. I'm with stupid on someone living in the Fast and Delirious land.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
a 300zx and a 350z are about even. i would give the edge to the 300zx rofl and neither of those are in the league of c5 or c6 vettes or ls1 camaro and birds.
Nowhere near true, unless you just mean in 1/4 miles times. But I have to agree on everything else you said.

I love nissan and GM, but stock for stock the is no comparisson between a 300ZX TT and any C6, or C5. Much heavier and lacking the power & torque of the vette. I've blistered TT's in my old 89' L98 vette w/ auto. Of course, driving can make up a lot, but it'd have to be a pro in the TT vs. a complete dumbass in the C6.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Most of you are morons.

Will a stock 300ZX hang on to a stock C6. No. To they guy that thinks so: They came with TT stock moron. They were not 300HP NA. It takes a stock low boost setup to get that power. IMO they are slightly underrated though.

Will a stock 300ZX hang with a C5. (Drum Roll....) MAYBE. You people really are good at quoting 2 races from your cousins best freind and a couple power to weight figures. But have a look at this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=bandimere

I grew up over there. And at altatude, like say Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, etc, it will be a decent race from a roll between a C5 and a 300ZX. 300's dont launch so well. See, NA cars have a harder time dealing with crap DAs than turbo cars. Official NHRA conversions say that at about 6000 feet you should add about 7% to your ET. It will hurt the 300 too. But not as much. Will the C5 win? Yes. Will it be as horrible a massacre as you people think in that enviroment? NO.

End of stupid ******* hijack discussion.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sinner
Anyone who thinks a stock 300Z TT(or Supra TT) is a fast car and can beat C5/6 Corvettes is stuck in 1990, not to mention living in The Fast and the Furious fantasy park.
A 300ZX wont be eating LS1s or anything, but its definitely a quick car in stock form. It'll murder any rice that comes its way, compete pretty well with LT1s and Mustangs ouside of Machs and Cobras. Probably make a good race for Evos as long as it was at least a 1/4 mile. So not exactly a joke. Unless everything but the LS1 just sucks
Old 04-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Launching!

And a 300ZX might not get off the line as well as a 350, but after that it will eat it alive IMHO. I'd would love to be proven wrong on that. But an old freind has owned both and its just not a compairison in terms of outright in gear acceleration. I do hear the newer ones are much better with much more up top than the old chocked to death powerband ones. Anyone remember that "520 WHP" 350 versus a stock C6Z? LOL. I bet it did have 520WHP. Its just cant use it above 6K. Sad.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sparetire
A 300ZX wont be eating LS1s or anything, but its definitely a quick car in stock form. It'll murder any rice that comes its way, compete pretty well with LT1s and Mustangs ouside of Machs and Cobras. Probably make a good race for Evos as long as it was at least a 1/4 mile. So not exactly a joke. Unless everything but the LS1 just sucks
I never said they sucked, but LS1/2/6 cars are in a different league. 300ZX's need to be modded to compete, granted the Fbody now finds itself in that very situation(New Mustang is nipping at their heels, SRT8's can beat them). The only car to ever remain competitive(stock) long after it's demise has been the McLaren F1.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

^^ Pretty sure they are still competitive as they still are faster stock for stock than a new 350z.

A Z32 TT will not beat a c6, or c5 for that matter in stock trim. Bolt on's is another story of course.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
You might be the one dreaming....Torque wrench has a point. My brother has a 1990 300Z TT. When he had 15 psi and exhaust he walked a C5 by like two cars on the freeway. With basic bolt ons you can easily get 420 horse on those cars cause thats what he dyno'd at when it was exhaust, pullies, chip, and a few other things.

Stock for stock with a C6 and a TT 300ZX it would be a good fight on the freeway IMO. From a stop I will say the C6 would have it.
No, I'm definately not the one dreaming considering my friend had one and we raced plenty of times in all different forms, stock, modded, ect. When you start modding them no **** they are quick, but definately not in the same league as any LS1, especially the vettes.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Most of you are morons.

Will a stock 300ZX hang on to a stock C6. No. To they guy that thinks so: They came with TT stock moron. They were not 300HP NA. It takes a stock low boost setup to get that power. IMO they are slightly underrated though.

Will a stock 300ZX hang with a C5. (Drum Roll....) MAYBE. You people really are good at quoting 2 races from your cousins best freind and a couple power to weight figures. But have a look at this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=bandimere

I grew up over there. And at altatude, like say Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, etc, it will be a decent race from a roll between a C5 and a 300ZX. 300's dont launch so well. See, NA cars have a harder time dealing with crap DAs than turbo cars. Official NHRA conversions say that at about 6000 feet you should add about 7% to your ET. It will hurt the 300 too. But not as much. Will the C5 win? Yes. Will it be as horrible a massacre as you people think in that enviroment? NO.

End of stupid ******* hijack discussion.

First off...you and Sparetire don't ever call me or anyone a "******* Moron" again!! This is a civilized discussion, not a High School. We all have diffrent opinions of cars and stuff.....and I thought he was talking about a 300Z, didn't know what a 300 ZX is. So **** off kid!

Keep the responses civil, and keep from berating people. This is all in good fun and the hunt for information.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
First off...you and Sparetire don't ever call me or anyone a "******* Moron" again!! This is a civilized discussion, not a High School. We all have diffrent opinions of cars and stuff.....and I thought he was talking about a 300Z, didn't know what a 300 ZX is. So **** off kid!

Keep the responses civil, and keep from berating people. This is all in good fun and the hunt for information.
I thought you were talking about the 300zx twin turbo. What the hell is a 300z?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
I thought you were talking about the 300zx twin turbo. What the hell is a 300z?
Good question.....I'm not too familiar with the Nissan car lineup. I'm only familiar with their trucks,....and that ain't real in depth either.

Don't they make some fast *** car called a 300 or a Z car or something?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

^ You really need to learn a little more, or just not say anything at all.

The 300, or Z car that you are talking about is a 300ZX, the z31 was made in the eighties and came with a single turbo, the kind being discussed in this post came with 3.0 twin turbo v6 making 300 HP at 6500 RPMS and was made from 1990-96. It runs high 13's with a good driver in stock form.

Nissan/Datsun has been making their Z Cars for 35 years or so. From the 240z all the way to the current 350z.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain

The 300, or Z car that you are talking about is a 300ZX, the z31 was made in the eighties and came with a single turbo, the kind being discussed in this post came with 3.0 twin turbo v6 making 300 HP at 6500 RPMS and was made from 1990-96. It runs high 13's with a good driver in stock form.

Nissan/Datsun has been making their Z Cars for 35 years or so. From the 240z all the way to the current 350z.
oKAY KID...listen to me! I was wrongfully thinking that he said a 350Z Twin Turbo...which is a bad *** car. And I'll talk about anything I want to talk abotu without permission from you.

You really need to lear how NOT to be a smart ***. That's one problem in this Forum. Some people would rather not post a race story in here because of jerks like you that smartass every remark made. I didn't smart off to you...so leave me the hell alond. Talk to me WITH respect or just don't talk to me at all...it's pretty simple. GROW UP!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

You said you also laid waste to a 300Z twin Turbo too right? You gotta tell me that the 300Z gave you a better run than the C6 right? Cause a Twin Turbo'd 300Z is a pretty mean little bastard, and I'd have to bet that the 300Z with the TT's could outrun a stock C6!
You thought he said 350z yeah you typed 300 four times in your post. I'll grow up when you learn how to read. BTW, nice myspace, kid.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain

Ok, exactly, so back to what I was saying. No 300zxtt is beating a C5 or C6 stock for stock. Not even close, sorry. 300zx's are slow. Just a typical ricer with a small motor and turbos.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench

Your quoted me. So I dont know who the "you or" part comes from. Further, I did not call you a "******* moron". I said that most of the people in the thread are "morons". But now that you mention it, for said reasons and others, I conclude that you are a moron, moron.

If you dont know what a 300ZX is, then your really should not spout off about Zs in general.