Evo kills himself

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007 | 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry guys,

Mods I thought were in sig.
XS headers, ory, open cutout, ls6 intake, p&p TB, lid, some other minor stuff
and a 75 dyno tune wet shot.

I'm assuming he was close to stock, didn't get the chance to talk to thug life though.

Car went 12.8@110 (2.0) NA a few weeks ago, only thing I've added is the wet shot and TR6 plugs.

And yes, around 50 is where 1st tops out in this car. A few weeks ago at Capitol I short shifted into 3rd at 95 mph (versus 103) dropped out of my powerband, and lost a few tenths. I don't let that happen anymore.

According to the chart 1st tops out at 51mph, I must have started around 4750rpm at 40, 1250 under redline. 40mph in 2nd would have been 3200rpm, a couple hundred before the window switch would have kicked in anyways. But thanks for trying, some of you guys clearly know my car better than I do.

Originally Posted by 1997T/AWS6
good, one more blown engine, thats sucks but o well, when ur bouncing off the limiter, ur a dumbass. nice kill
Yeah, you got me there!
Old 04-22-2007 | 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by POC
B.W. how many times have you seen fast and furious?
Apparently, not nearly as many as the guy next to me

I was hoping some of you guys might chime in if you know anything about these cars what might have went wrong when he tried to race me from a dig. I'm guessing clutch, I think he launched it at redline. I could be wrong though.
Old 04-22-2007 | 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
is this guy an idiot?
Click here to see Video

or my personal favorite

Click here to see Video
except those werent rev limiters.
Old 04-22-2007 | 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by B.W.
Apparently, not nearly as many as the guy next to me

I was hoping some of you guys might chime in if you know anything about these cars what might have went wrong when he tried to race me from a dig. I'm guessing clutch, I think he launched it at redline. I could be wrong though.
Well if you were spraying then that might make alittle more sense. Still, that many cars is alot.

What you more then likely heard was the stationary rev limiter. On a stock car its set at 5500rpm's. If he was tuned it is usually somewhere around 6000rpm's. It could have been his clutch but I doubt you would have seen that much smoke. More then likely blew a hose or something.
Old 04-23-2007 | 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't even know if my Schwinn goes 40 in first....