Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gt300???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT/CS is distributed across country. California Edition is only avail. in CA.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ponygt65
GT/CS is distributed across country. California Edition is only avail. in CA.
Another retro twist on the 'Cal Special' of 68 (I think it was...maybe it was 67...my mind fails me). Similar to the Bullet, Mach 1, GT350H etc... Another way of promoting sales. Can't blame them since the mustang and the F series is about all they have going for them right now.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by uno
lmao nice one black bird. maybe i'll see it out sometime. Have you seen the influx of the GT/CS cars in town lately? The "California Special" haha
The guy works down at Allen's Carpet. It's actually my girlfriends ex, so he really doesnt like me anyways, same to him. Cant wait to see him out in the LS1 car soon. He revved at me the other day while I was on my damn bike of all tihngs.. I was like wtf...you're stupid.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
uno
On The Tree

oh awesome. i love people like that haha put some money down on it
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Another retro twist on the 'Cal Special' of 68 (I think it was...maybe it was 67...my mind fails me). Similar to the Bullet, Mach 1, GT350H etc... Another way of promoting sales. Can't blame them since the mustang and the F series is about all they have going for them right now.
GT/CS was a 68 option only. Most came with the standard 302ci motor. Very few in early 68 production had the 4v 289. Just like the S197s, they were a 'looks' option. Nothing was upgraded on performance.

Little fact: the side louvers on the GT/CS in 68 were actually left over Shelby louvers. There were a few other parts that were taken as well. Kind of like the Bullet to mach 1. They share a few parts. All cosmetic though.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad this topic came up because I've been seeing one on the road I work on for the past few months (red with white stripes, GT300 side decals) and have been asking around, but no one really knew anything about it. I always seem to be in my '88 Formula 305 TBI, though, when I see him - not in my Camaro.

But if they are stock or close to it, I guess it doesn't really matter anyways. I kind of guessed they were close to stock when I drove by with my window rolled down and I couldn't really hear it.........I'd still race him, though, hehe.

Hey, who knows - all he needs to do is throw on a decent sized shot of nitrous and I probably wouldn't beat him TOO bad, haha!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I'm glad this topic came up because I've been seeing one on the road I work on for the past few months (red with white stripes, GT300 side decals) and have been asking around, but no one really knew anything about it. I always seem to be in my '88 Formula 305 TBI, though, when I see him - not in my Camaro.

But if they are stock or close to it, I guess it doesn't really matter anyways. I kind of guessed they were close to stock when I drove by with my window rolled down and I couldn't really hear it.........I'd still race him, though, hehe.

Hey, who knows - all he needs to do is throw on a decent sized shot of nitrous and I probably wouldn't beat him TOO bad, haha!

Yep..you would be AMAZED how many decal options dealers are putting on the S197s. ANd there are even MORE people that believe they are limited editions. F'ing stealerships...they should be penalized for that crap.