Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trucks Constantly Trying Me????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
i'd say that makes them a jackass

and NO ONE said everyone in a truck is a hill billy just the one's missing teeth and sleeping with their sisters
your quote:

It seems every where I go around here every time i'm just taking it easy i'll come to a light and there will be some dumb *** hill billy in a f150 or some other pos truck who is insistant on trying to race me
How do you know the guy is sleeping with his sisters?

Advice FWIW: Generalizations will often get you into trouble. But I get your point.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody has tried to race me since I put the turbo on

Not even the ricers.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

I'm always racing in my TBSS. I guess it is considered a truck too.

But I hear what you are saying. Every pickup with a catback is trying to give me a run, but at least it is in my TBSS.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I kinda like it when the trucks try to run.What do you do, when its been all day and not one person tries to race you?Ill take the run if its a diesel,just to see if he can pull me(not likely 99% of the time).Its not so much the racing that the truck guys do,its the whole"I own the road"thing.I get cut off daily by these lifted trucks and tailgated cause they can see over me.Im all for someone goin about their way,but why be a dick?Lets not forget about the Lightnings.....
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i raced a modded scsb srt10 from an 80 roll one night by accident (thought it was a hemi daytona lol) those trucks have some impressive top end, but i dont think they will take an intake exhaust tune camaro. lightnings can get nasty on ya. you never know what your getting into with one of those around here.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Funny. I have a 04 F250 PSD crew cab with a Banks exhaust and some other goodies. You would not beleive how many cars...especially ricers have tried to race me. It's pretty fast for a truck with 6" lift and 35s and you'd be surprised how many of these pesky guys get caught with their pants down and get whipped by a truck. A guy in a white eclipse with a huge exhaust was the last victim.

So if I'm minding my own business in my hauler and someone in a car instigates a race with me, what does that make them if I'm a "Hillbilly'?
Hillbilly Haters!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

heres a big *** truck that i would hate to run into with most sports cars

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rent=Mike7.flv
Old 05-09-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

thats all there is here, trucks with cat-backs, and it gets way too annoying with some big *** truck that keeps gunning it and riding your *** on a single lane road at night when that road is notorious with deer collisions so I only go the speed limit god forbid
Old 05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Take it as a complement! I know when im in my expedition if I see a nice *** car that sounds good I will give them a couple of revs (no cats, true duals with flowmaster single chambers on it) just to see if they will take off and let me see what the car can do. People need to lighten up!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oifish
thats all there is here, trucks with cat-backs, and it gets way too annoying with some big *** truck that keeps gunning it and riding your *** on a single lane road at night when that road is notorious with deer collisions so I only go the speed limit god forbid

Now tailgating is a diff story...I never tailgate with my expedition because lord knows I wont be able to stop that thing quickly as 6000 pounds + 50+ mph + shitty factory brakes = massive accident!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Take it as a complement! I know when im in my expedition if I see a nice *** car that sounds good I will give them a couple of revs (no cats, true duals with flowmaster single chambers on it) just to see if they will take off and let me see what the car can do. People need to lighten up!
i'm all about showing who ever wants to see what i've got.And a rev and nod as a sign of "you have a fast car" respect is cool no matter where it comes from.I love trucks (chevy that is) My dad has a 88 K5 Blazer with an 8inch lift and 44 superswampers.You cant go muddin in a F body for sure.
I just cant stand the lack of respect from you average truck driver who thinks cause his truck says "King Ranch" he 's King ****.
As far as the truck drivers on here, obviously if you're on here you're not falling in the class of people this Thread was written about so please dont take offence to anything i've said.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
i'm all about showing who ever wants to see what i've got.And a rev and nod as a sign of "you have a fast car" respect is cool no matter where it comes from.I love trucks (chevy that is) My dad has a 88 K5 Blazer with an 8inch lift and 44 superswampers.You cant go muddin in a F body for sure.
I just cant stand the lack of respect from you average truck driver who thinks cause his truck says "King Ranch" he 's King ****.
As far as the truck drivers on here, obviously if you're on here you're not falling in the class of people this Thread was written about so please dont take offence to anything i've said.

Haha hey no offense taken! When i had my camaro I had trucks and suvs rev at me all the time. I know what you mean though, some people dont do it as a complement but actually think their trucks are fast when they are **** slow or they drive like ******** because they have a huge truck. Those people deserved to be punched in the face repeatedly.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Haha hey no offense taken! When i had my camaro I had trucks and suvs rev at me all the time. I know what you mean though, some people dont do it as a complement but actually think their trucks are fast when they are **** slow or they drive like ******** because they have a huge truck. Those people deserved to be punched in the face repeatedly.
exactly my point.Beat em with a sack of door *****.
it is nice to see though that I am not the only one with this problem.Apparently our gift of speed is also a curse.Kinda like the bad *** kid someone's always tryin to see how bad you are.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Out here in cali you have people in raised trucks drivin like maniacs, and you have the notorious soccer moms in there vans mashin around like there in a raced out civic. i think its funny. Im always up for someone tryin to drive fast cause it gives me a reason to drive fast, and a possiblity the other person will get the ticket and not me.....
Old 05-09-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Wow. The guys in the trucks just want to see what you can do Remember as a kid you did the old air horn honk for 18 wheelers just for kicks

They made the choice to get a truck and they want to see what exactly they missed out on

As long as no cops are around I always try an oblidge someone who wants to hear or see what the car can do. Besides if they hadn't asked me to do it, odds are I would have done it anyways

It isnt much different then pulling up next to a lambo and trying to get him to goose it for ya. You know you can't win, but hell it sure would be nice to hear that thing roar

For those of you with sick sick cars.. sure you can take a lambo But most of us trds can't haha.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

couldnt have said it any better....
Old 05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Launching!

they probably just wanna see what your ride can do. next time you encounter that, just don't race, or race but wait till the light turns green and give em this->
Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

You can measure my truck's 1/4 mile times with a calendar.

But get it offroad with the dual lockers, solid axle conversion, 4:1 crawler gears, and all the rock armor.....

Traction is usually the big thing with a pickup from a dig.

I do remember this old DD Nissan Sentra I had...I pulled up to a Hemi Dodge....rolled down the passenger window, started revving on the 1.6 lawnmower engine, and yelled out, "Hey, that thing got a Hemi?"

It was worth it to see the look on his face....
Old 05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

I think I get what yer saying. And he's not talking about someone just trying to give ya the "nod" or make ya light em up, what he is referring to is what I experienced a couple months back. Had two yokels in a mid 90's Suburban, freaking four door four wheel drive SUBURBAN come up along side me and power brake it at a red light. I look over and the driver has a deathlock on the steering wheel with his left hand and his right I am assuming was on his COLUMN shift lever. I just grinned and let him go, he tears off down the road, then Slows down and pulls even to me, rolls his windows and gives me a thumbs down sign - So I give him a jerk-off hand sign, this genius then spits out the window attempting to hit my car I guess, winds at 45-50 blow it right back all over the side of his truck...I am annoyed at this point. Blip the throttle twice and jam the gas BOOM am Gone. He chases me down after I slow to about 60 and swerves at me, flipping me off.... WTF over.. I slow down hoping this Poster Child for Pro Choice will keep going, NOPE. He paces me and starts lunging his truck like its on ...I do the only thing I can think of and mash the accelerator to the boards and sail on down the road... I can see his dweedle buddy in the passenger side encourging him like some white trash trailer park cheering squad as he tries to chase me down. Not this time Sparky I hold it about 110-120 ish and take the next off ramp, I slow enough so that Rocket Scientist and Hopalong can see me... I am SO pissed at this point, I WANT them to follow me to the park and ride.. Have my nunchaka's out on the seat.. I am gonna Mess these two clowns up !!! Nope, they give me the "your number one" salute and sail on by......I still wonder what these two thought they were gonna accomplish.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

I'm starting to wonder if the 90's style Chevy trucks came stock with Flowmaster, because every single one of them has a Flowmaster cat-back around here, and they all think they are ******* FAST.

Everytime I leave my house I see atleast 1 90's Chevy truck with blowmaster gunning it from a stop light just roaring and barely moving.

Quick Reply: Trucks Constantly Trying Me????