Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trucks Constantly Trying Me????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea this **** happens daily, twice today in fact. Once on the way to work, and again on the way back. Only one I've came upon that was quick was some Lexus SUV, said something like "TooFast" on the plate, and it was pretty good cause I only put about a car on it by 60mph when I let off cause it was a small street and merged into one lane just ahead. Impressive for these heavy bitches to be fast, kinda like when you guys with the dope cars that pull on most bikes. But yeah it does seem that just about every guy in a V8 truck/SUV with an exhaust tries to egg you on.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Torque Wrench also failed to include that the truck had more money dumped into it than all the Playboy Mansion's paid cosmetic surgery. A turbo diesel like that has prob. 35k in the motor and is shootin propane the entire track. Not to mention its more than likely a rare occasion to see that. Torque . . . did you also know that there are LS1s out there turning 8's in the quarter as well? He already stated his point in the beginning that there are fast trucks. Yeah I've seen that too. Its a shame because they're wasting all that gas for such a slow ride, lol!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

hah, yea if you are referring *** hats they have slow cars that think they are badass and going to beat you.. then that does make me laugh Rarely though do I encoutner them in trucks. They are mostly guys in neon green sentras or some other fast n furious replica POS-n-a-box they put together.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

how fast is a late model 6.0 SS Chevy?

400hp...if they could hook up, seems they'd do pretty well against a stock LS1 Z.

I ask because I had one eyeball me on the way home tonight. It was a busy street during rush hour, and I didn't want to play today.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

If there is one thing I have learned on LS1Tech, it is never post anything about a truck or a mustang without your flame suit on!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Desert Rat

400hp...if they could hook up, seems they'd do pretty well against a stock LS1 Z.

I ask because I had one eyeball me on the way home tonight. It was a busy street during rush hour, and I didn't want to play today.
Stock for stock an SS silverado is no match for an LS1.That is my firm statement.Easy takedown for any near stock camaro or trans am.Those trucks are pullin 14.5-15.0 at best stock.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I remember living in florida and any redneck w/ a truck will try you...its actually the same in jersey and I dont know why...Maybe they think there truck can hang because its loud and torquey.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Regular

The road is a weird place, alot of people become a different person when they don their dale earnhardt junior jacket and get behind of whatever race car they have (SUV, minivan, camry, prizm, yugo)

I love the guys that are cruising along then I'll come scootin' by them and it drives people into a frenzy, even if Im not really hauling just scootin
The BMW guys always step on it and try to pass me and I subtly speed up just enough that they don't... I try to make it look like I'm not accelerating though (or just rev it up to 5G's and watch em' back off)

There is one kid in a Ram Powerwagon (GIT-R-DONE windshield sticker and all)
that is always trying to race me...
Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
If there is one thing I have learned on LS1Tech, it is never post anything about a truck or a mustang without your flame suit on!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
see now this response is the whole reason I originally put in my first post that I KNOW that there are trucks that are more then worthy of a street race and i'm KNOW there are trucks that would beat most fbodys.everyone knows that if you put enough money in something it will be fast.I"M NOT ******* TRUCKS.I actually think a truck that will out run a car is pretty sweet.
I"m talking bout the guy with a stock 94 whatever with rust holes acting like they have a chance.
So dont get yourself all up set ok Torque Wrench
No harm, no foul....lol....

Stock sucks......but modded trucks rule! I ain't upset at you friend....sometimes us "truck" guys are defensive because all the "car" guys tell us that we can never go as fast as their car. Hell I own one of each. My Z28 runs an 11.78....but...my truck runs a really low 14 now...and we're trying to get it into the 13's.....so...cars and trucks both are fast.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
lol....that's funny stuff......gotta have your Firefighter Turn Out Gear on....we all flame over one reason or another.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
No harm, no foul....lol....

Stock sucks......but modded trucks rule! I ain't upset at you friend....sometimes us "truck" guys are defensive because all the "car" guys tell us that we can never go as fast as their car. Hell I own one of each. My Z28 runs an 11.78....but...my truck runs a really low 14 now...and we're trying to get it into the 13's.....so...cars and trucks both are fast.
hey fellow Hillbilly!
My truck runs 14s, but I'm not trying to go faster... just trying to get my cars hauled to the track faster!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

I just know some SRT truck has some funny kill stories surprised noen chimed in hehe
Old 05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
hey fellow Hillbilly!
My truck runs 14s, but I'm not trying to go faster... just trying to get my cars hauled to the track faster!
...lol...the bad thing is....I can't even tow with my truck! My truck is basically my daily driver and my hot rod too. I love my Z car but I loves my truck too.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

A few years ago a I worked with this chick and her boyfriend had a mid 90's 2WD F150. Well the chick would tell me how fast his truck is and all that. Well one day I got out of work and this guy actually ended up by me but the traffic was bad, well he was still throwing revs at me and wanted me to race him. Then traffic opened up in his lane and he took off. I saw him the next day and he asked if my car had a 350 and all that good stuff, and told me if ever catches me on the street he's gonna get me.
For the longest time I didnt see the guy because the girl quit and they were gonna move Arkensas(not saying people from there are hillbillies and sorry if I miss spelled Arkensas). Well I saw him traffic again last year and he got a light with a new Tundra and I just happend to be behind them in traffic. Well they raced and the Tundra beat him, but the funny part was the dude in the F150 had a refridgerator tied standing up right in his bed. I still see this guy everynow and then and I'm still waiting for him to "get me". Sorry for such a long post but I just couldnt resist.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats all i seem to get racing me here in arizona. just the other day i had 2 big ole trucks ( newer ) try racing me. I was going like 45 in 5th gear and just floored it to pass em lol. Seems like the bigger the lift and tires the faster guys think they are. I have been beat by a truck too, ran a 11.5... damn desiels.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Launching!

They can get in the way when you are trying to race another car worth racing too.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mpe331lx
They can get in the way when you are trying to race another car worth racing too.

hey man...hate to hijack the thread..but that silver Z28 in your sig looks just like mine...except I got the chrome C5 vette wheels on mine. Good damn looking car man....I love it!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Desert Rat

What about the new 07 2500 silverado 8.1 L? One wants to race me just want an idea if anyone knows...maybe $$$ involved if Im definate winner...either my lt1 or ls1 both stock against it.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zo6iscool
What about the new 07 2500 silverado 8.1 L? One wants to race me just want an idea if anyone knows...maybe $$$ involved if Im definate winner...either my lt1 or ls1 both stock against it.
You'll eat that particular truck. The gearing in the 2500's keep them form being overly fast. Eving with sometuning and some bolt on's you'll still beat that truck.

Quick Reply: Trucks Constantly Trying Me????