Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trucks Constantly Trying Me????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool beans.

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Chevy doesn't make the Duramax either. Isuzu does.
Most correct you are sir!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
Agreed, I was being kinda arguementative. I was just pointing out the fact that not all of those turbo diesels driving around are slugs. Based off of reputation Id say go cummins. But time will tell best. Right now ford is making noise about how the 6.4's TT exhaust uses regeneration to burn the excess soot. And thus they say a straight pipe is a big no no and apparently they will void warrenty for doing it. I know of only 1 '08 with a straight pipe....and it should be interesting if there is an engine hour timer that will trip regeneration.

And let me change my intial post, it takes less than 1k to get a stock powerstroke to run high 13s to low 14s.

Woot, interesting on the ford straight pipe. Hell, it was recalled or postponed once for possible fire, lol.

I like the dodge for the cab room in the mega ram. Tough choice. Dodge is the way to go for more power. But honestly, they all do well.

And I agree too, less than a grand for 13s-14s. And a single larger turbo swap or a set of twins and your in the deep 12s easily and sometimes 11s.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
see now this response is the whole reason I originally put in my first post that I KNOW that there are trucks that are more then worthy of a street race and i'm KNOW there are trucks that would beat most fbodys.everyone knows that if you put enough money in something it will be fast.I"M NOT ******* TRUCKS.I actually think a truck that will out run a car is pretty sweet.
I"m talking bout the guy with a stock 94 whatever with rust holes acting like they have a chance.
So dont get yourself all up set ok Torque Wrench
I contributed a bit to this thread goin off course.Sorry bout that "99HS".
This isnt a truck hating thread,its about jerkoffs who try to stomp their beaters.
Truck guys want a little taste??Heres my good friends GMC.
It has a 79 vette motor(built,cam,heads,tuned)
700r4 trans(newly rebuilt,hes having some bugs worked out of it still)
Its a fast truck.Ill be posting a vid of him racing me when he gets the trans sorted out,Just to show how fast his truck is.

Trucks dont suck,people do.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
I contributed a bit to this thread goin off course.Sorry bout that "99HS".
This isnt a truck hating thread,its about jerkoffs who try to stomp their beaters.
Truck guys want a little taste??Heres my good friends GMC.
It has a 79 vette motor(built,cam,heads,tuned)
700r4 trans(newly rebuilt,hes having some bugs worked out of it still)
Its a fast truck.Ill be posting a vid of him racing me when he gets the trans sorted out,Just to show how fast his truck is.

Trucks dont suck,people do.
**** i'd race that no questions
this is what i'm talking about

i was on my way to work today and this ******** in his slowpar tried me and I destroyed him. he was power braking at the light tryin to be billy bad *** smoking black smoke outta his wannabe semi exhaust stacks.such a disgrace to real truck drivers.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

i used to get trucks tryin to race me all the time when i had my ss for some reason, so i would just go get my truck and hunt them down heres a few pics and a video

Old 06-16-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My01SSCamaro
i used to get trucks tryin to race me all the time when i had my ss for some reason, so i would just go get my truck and hunt them down heres a few pics and a video
HOLY HELL THAT TRUCK SOUNDS NASTY!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

some trucks are pretty quick.. I got a few kids attention late one night when they were running on a "trafficless" hwy.. one was in a 04' mustGT, 99 T/A and a cobaltSS with every possible mod.. so much so that they went to my friend's shop after the "fooling around" to find out what I had done and what it runs lol...

PS now they are modded by him causing me to spend more $$$ to keep ahead ..like a viscous cycle isn't it??
Old 06-19-2007, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chavez885
HOLY HELL THAT TRUCK SOUNDS NASTY!!!!!!!
Thanks i am ganna try and take it up to the track in noble next month sometime i went last month and didnt even get one good pass and blew the tranny i quess it wasnt ready for the mt dr's, but now i got a built th350 with 3800 stall, it runs 200% better im ready to see some good times you might have to hed up there with me when i go prob the third friday of july
Old 06-19-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks i am ganna try and take it up to the track in noble next month sometime i went last month and didnt even get one good pass and blew the tranny i quess it wasnt ready for the mt dr's, but now i got a built th350 with 3800 stall, it runs 200% better im ready to see some good times you might have to hed up there with me when i go prob the third friday of july
you gotta post a vid thats gonna be bad ***
Old 06-19-2007, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

you gotta post a vid thats gonna be bad ***
yea i will try to remember to bring the video camera when i go knowing my luck i will remember about half way to the track, if someone goes with me i will deffinatly video it
Old 06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i'd like to see some pics of that Belair also
Old 06-20-2007, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

i'd like to see some pics of that Belair also
heres my f-quick there are pics of the 55 in there

www.fquick.com/my01sscamaro
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

Please God Tell Me I Didnt See Eurolights On That Badass Truck!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

ha ha yea i dont like the looks of the stock style tail lights on the c10's and i needed a new set after we painted it so those were about the best looking ones i could get at the time i get alot of people who like em and some that dont i dont mind them they look better than the plain red factory lights imo
Old 06-21-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

I'm down for that,shoot me a PM anytime,i'm on here everyday
Old 06-23-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Trans Am Dawg
Sometime's us "hill billy's" enjoy watching cars burn rubber. Basicly we want to know what the car can do.
Thank you!!!!! +1
Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EVERETTDREW
Out here in cali you have people in raised trucks drivin like maniacs, and you have the notorious soccer moms in there vans mashin around like there in a raced out civic. i think its funny. Im always up for someone tryin to drive fast cause it gives me a reason to drive fast, and a possiblity the other person will get the ticket and not me.....
did someone say "soccer mom"? ???:

Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowprocess
My truck is always trying to pick a race with my camaro in the garage. My camaro is always backing down like a little bitch though.
haha thats funny! whenever my hubby sees me on the road on the way home he ALWAYS feels the need to 'try me'. you think he'd learn. maybe i need to let him win one day. hubby's ride: 03 Silverado 4X4 my ride: 94 6spd Formy
Old 07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

been off here for a while back to the top
Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

It seems every where I go around here every time i'm just taking it easy i'll come to a light and there will be some dumb *** hill billy in a f150 or some other pos truck who is insistant on trying to race me. I"m not saying there arent fast trucks out there that should be tryin us but i'm talkin bout the guy with no buisness even thinking about beating us.Even after I run on them at the light sure enough.....we hit the next light and the guys tryin again and reving. Do you guys ever get this crap too???
Well maybe they just want you to rip on your car a little bit. You'd be surprised how many people just want you to rev the engine or whatever. I know I would if i didn't have one.

That's why I should never sell my car, cuz then I'll be one of these people trying to find out what you have under the hood. Is it stock, is it cammed, does it even have an exhaust.

Quick Reply: Trucks Constantly Trying Me????