Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 Good races with Mustangs!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007 | 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Default 3 Good races with Mustangs!

the story starts at about 10 am this morning ...

1st race
my wife and i were on our way to get some breakfast when i see a black 99-04 Mustang with gunmetel cobra rims on it sitting at the light im approaching....i was having a pretty involved converstation with my wife so i didnt put to much thought into it and just kept him in the corner of my eye...he began to give me little blips of the throttle and it sounded NICE!.....the light went green after sitting there for what seemed like forever and we both take off normally but i notive he is winding first gear out so i do the same...at around 3000 rpm we floor it at the same time i spin the tires but regain traction almost immediatly and put 1 1/2 cars on him through 2nd gear and shut it down around 60mph (in a 45mph zone) turns out he had a BBK throttle body, bassani X and catback, CAI, and a short shifter....nice guy..exchanged thumbs up and parted ways

fast forward to 3 pm

2nd race
im cruising down the main road here (3 lanes each way) when i notice a red foxbody with a small cowl hood and dumped exhaust followed by a mineral gray 99-04 GT pulling onto the road about half a mile up....soon enough i was next to them and i was in the far left lane. the red Fox was in the far right lane and a jeep was in between us....i heard his stall the car up and when the light went green i gave it a spirited launch and chirped first and second and looked over and he was no where to be found....hmm i thought to myself as i quickly looked in my rear veiw mirror only to hear him scream past me at WOT (i was off the gas and in 4th gear for almost 5 seconds) ....we catch another light a short ways up this time both second in line...i told him his car sounded nice and was very clean....he said the same and then he told me it was putting 196hp to the ground and the only mods were longtubes x pipe and flowmaster exhaust.....suddenly i didnt feel so good about blowing his doors off.....

3rd race
against a 2001 roush s281? all i know is it was supercharged and wasnt the highest end model they made....anyways we get a light and i look over....he is the classic sports car driver with the spiky short hair, sunglasses, tatoos on his arms and meen mugging the **** out of me....his gf didnt really look at me ....well i thought i was about to get dusted because his exhaust was LOUD..(come to find out it was longtubes with bullets into the side exit) and i could hear the supercharger wine every time he blipped the throttle....we both take off and get around the 1 SUV in the way and i keep it in 3rd at 60mph.....i hear him downshift and his car let out a monsterous scream.....i floored it and slowly walked him through 3rd and into 4th and shut it down approx 1 1/2 -2 cars ahead of him.....i was like WFT just happened?...we talked a few miles up the road and he told me what his exhaust was and he had a CAI, throttle body, and some olther little mods....he asked what i had and when i told him a lid and catback with a shortshifter, and a driver mod he almost **** himself....seriously what do these cars make for HP it honestly wasnt even really that close.....i ruled out the POS ragged out car theory because it looked VERY well maintained inside and out including the engine bay.....

what do you all think...hope you enjoyed...i know i did
Old 05-20-2007 | 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

sorry about the novel ...but i was excited !
Old 05-20-2007 | 08:32 PM
Teching In

Sounds like 3 good kills man. All you really have is lid, catback, and short throw or you just said that to him?
Old 05-20-2007 | 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sweet kills man! I wish I could run into some races back to back like that in one day Oh well, good kills and way to keep them in line.
Old 05-20-2007 | 09:16 PM
Teching In

sounds like fun races, and the 01 roushes arent that fast but fast enough where he shoulda beat u if he was tryin to race, but congrats on the kills.
Old 05-20-2007 | 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
sounds like fun races, and the 01 roushes arent that fast but fast enough where he shoulda beat u if he was tryin to race, but congrats on the kills.
A fast shift against an average shift could be the difference between half a carlength or not.
Old 05-20-2007 | 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

ya all i really have is a LS1motorsports lid, TSP rumbler catback, and WS6store shortstick.....i am a pretty decent manual driver.....he really didnt seem like a slouch either....i guess i was just in my powerband 3-3500 rpm in 3rd when he downshifted so i was able to put the power down quicker then him.....but i continued to pull all the way to the top of 3rd and a little into 4th when we shut it down....it was great because when we pulled into the gas station down the road his gf looked at me and was cracking up...she told me he doesnt get beat often and he was a little butt hurt about it hahaha