Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New Mustang with Roush blower

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:38 AM
Launching!

Thank u kennyxg I'm glad some people think so. Ya it was pretty insane at 1st the guy with the stang told me it was stock so I thought man we're gonna murder this car but he kept up fairly decent for a little bit so i thought there was something up and found out that he had a supercharger on it. Whats crazy is that there is rubber for all 4 gears that we used from my car on the road we raced on you could see every shift
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:39 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE]Nice kill/vid man, your car sounds bad ***.

Thanks for the kind words ya I need to get a video of it idling it sounds just nasty with 3" duals dumped b4 the rearend
Old 05-22-2007 | 02:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Nice kill! IT wasnt even close.

Your car sounds real good!
Old 05-22-2007 | 06:39 AM
Teching In

look, i wasent tryin to be a dick about it. im sure your car is quick and all i just still dont see a cam only camaro pullin like that on a 400 hp car, cause if im right cam only would give you 340-370rwhp right? but you said you only had cam and longtubes, congrats on the win im not here to argue n there may be some cam only cars runnin 11's but its def not a everyday thing, i know many head/cam z's that cant get 11's. but either way i wasent insulting you or the car so dont take it that way. o n what makes you think that stang runs 12's i would think 13s lol
Old 05-22-2007 | 07:18 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
look, i wasent tryin to be a dick about it. im sure your car is quick and all i just still dont see a cam only camaro pullin like that on a 400 hp car, cause if im right cam only would give you 340-370rwhp right?
you could easily hit 340 rwhp in an f-body with bolt-ons...in an automatic...there have been M6's that top 370 rwhp with full bolt-ons.

a big cam like an MS4 in an M6 car can EASILY give you welllll over 400 rwhp...in a car geared more agressively, significantly more aerodynamic and lighter.
Old 05-22-2007 | 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

I hit 410 without an ud pulley and stock intake and tb. There is a 05 with bolt ons and nitrous dyno 431rwhp and 532rwtq. he ran a 12.1 @ 117 a couple of weeks ago on nittos 555rs 315
Old 05-22-2007 | 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Do YOU know what you are talking about? Tell me genious...how much does a S197 stang weight?

Here's a hint: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=608585

More?...I'll help so you dont' have to scroll through stangnet...
http://www.modernengineuity.com/specs/2005-mustang.html

Doesn't seem like much more weight than what edmunds lists a Z....
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...23/pageId=1121
The old magazine weight claim argument. Why don't we just magazine race while we're doing **** the gay way . How about you take your car down to the scales and prepare to be dissapointed what you find out.

p.s. if you don't like the claim that a cam only LS1 can take a "roushcharged" S197 just watch the video. Any claim you make doesn't mean **** when there's a video posted to show you what happened. Even I said that he shouldn't have pulled him as bad as he did, but to think the stang ever had a chance is just stupid mustang allegiance swaying your commen sense
Old 05-22-2007 | 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

look, i wasent tryin to be a dick about it. im sure your car is quick and all i just still dont see a cam only camaro pullin like that on a 400 hp car, cause if im right cam only would give you 340-370rwhp right? but you said you only had cam and longtubes, congrats on the win im not here to argue n there may be some cam only cars runnin 11's but its def not a everyday thing, i know many head/cam z's that cant get 11's. but either way i wasent insulting you or the car so dont take it that way. o n what makes you think that stang runs 12's i would think 13s lol
Tons of MS4 cars tend to make 410-420 at the wheels cam only. Some automatics only make 370-380, but over 400rwhp isn't uncommon at all in a 6-speed. I have a signifacantly smaller cam and make almost 400 through a stalled automatic.
Old 05-22-2007 | 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
The old magazine weight claim argument. Why don't we just magazine race while we're doing **** the gay way . How about you take your car down to the scales and prepare to be dissapointed what you find out.

p.s. if you don't like the claim that a cam only LS1 can take a "roushcharged" S197 just watch the video. Any claim you make doesn't mean **** when there's a video posted to show you what happened. Even I said that he shouldn't have pulled him as bad as he did, but to think the stang ever had a chance is just stupid mustang allegiance swaying your commen sense
WOW....you really need to take a reading comprehension class. First off, I dont' have a S197. Second how is comparing mfg. listed curb weight magazine racing? Youy have some serious issues. You called a S197 a pig to an owner of a S197, YET, the S197 is very similar in weight to the FBod.

ALSO - if you actually READ the links that I posted, you have seen that there were a few members on stangnet that have weighed their cars on a scale.......and it matched the listed curb weight.

Face it...you spouted off about something you know NOTHING about, got called out, and are now dodging the fact that I PROVED YOU WRONG.

AND WHERE THE **** DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A CHARGED S197 VS. A CAM FBOD???? You are obviously confusion two different members.
Old 05-22-2007 | 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

nice run. The reason so many are giving you a hard time is because they don't know your full mods. You say you have less than 14.5K into it, that could be a decent amount of mods. People here just know there stuff, so they want specifics or they're likely to say "bull"
Old 05-22-2007 | 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you walk a supercharged mustang, a lot of people say "bull." (all the mustang trolls that is)
Old 05-22-2007 | 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW....you really need to take a reading comprehension class. First off, I dont' have a S197. Second how is comparing mfg. listed curb weight magazine racing? Youy have some serious issues. You called a S197 a pig to an owner of a S197, YET, the S197 is very similar in weight to the FBod.

ALSO - if you actually READ the links that I posted, you have seen that there were a few members on stangnet that have weighed their cars on a scale.......and it matched the listed curb weight.

Face it...you spouted off about something you know NOTHING about, got called out, and are now dodging the fact that I PROVED YOU WRONG.

AND WHERE THE **** DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A CHARGED S197 VS. A CAM FBOD???? You are obviously confusion two different members.
why don't YOU read the links you posted and there are just as many people that weighed their cars in at MORE than the listed curb weight. Why do you ignore that and act like I'm an idiot for telling you how it really is. You didn't prove anything, you pointed out manufacturer rating that aren't real world, that's a stupid thing to lean on as a point for your argument. You're wrong, period. Lose the piece of **** attitude, you don't know what you're talking about
Old 05-22-2007 | 12:37 PM
Launching!

First off I have full mods and its an M6. 4.10 gears LS6 intake ported throttle body but I haven't done a throttle body bypass I have longtubes and true duals. Oh I know y I forgot to mention ported and polished heads thats y there is so much argument. Sorry guys if I misled you I apologize for that but I didn't think it made that much of a difference and as far as saying a cam I figured that most guys with cams have full bolt-ons sorry for anyone that wasn't figuring that like I was.

Also remember guy an MS4 is a huge cam mine is .649 intake .609 exhaust and I'm on a 110LSA instead of the normal 111 or 112. Not sure if that makes much difference or not.

Thanks for all the kind and not so kind words lol
Old 05-22-2007 | 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

why don't YOU read the links you posted and there are just as many people that weighed their cars in at MORE than the listed curb weight. Why do you ignore that and act like I'm an idiot for telling you how it really is. You didn't prove anything, you pointed out manufacturer rating that aren't real world, that's a stupid thing to lean on as a point for your argument. You're wrong, period. Lose the piece of **** attitude, you don't know what you're talking about
Curb weight listed on modernenginuity - 3480

THREE members on stangnet.... - 3476, 3480, 3580.

HOW THE HELL DID THOSE members cars weigh in MORE than what is listed?

DUDE - you can't F"ING read. and that 3580 weight had the shaker 1000 stereo....hellow mcFly.

man you are an idiot...reading comprehension.

NOW, what I would like to know.......is what weight your car came in at...on what scale....AND how many S197 stangs have you PERSONALLY seen weighed?.......I am guessing your answer is: I haven't, and NONE.
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought the mustangs actually weighed less than the fbods stock...as in the stangs being 3400 to 3500 and the fbod being around 3600 to 3700
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NOW, what I would like to know.......is what weight your car came in at...on what scale....AND how many S197 stangs have you PERSONALLY seen weighed?.......I am guessing your answer is: I haven't, and NONE.
You're a smart kid. I have seen several S197s weigh in, all over manuf "curb weight". I have weighed mine in, under manuf curb weight. I'm glad all of your info is forum bullshit and that you assume I don't have any more info than that either. Too bad you're wrong. I'm done with you. Respond if you feel like it, but if you won't take a reality check there's nothing else I can tell you.

4U2BNVS sorry we invaded your thread. good kill like I said before. I assumed full bolt-ons and I knew you were an M6, I would think you will put down 420ish if you get it tuned right and dyno'd. The MS4 makes some monster power.

Last edited by oneBADDz; 05-22-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're a smart kid. I have seen several S197s weigh in, all over manuf "curb weight". I have weighed mine in, under manuf curb weight. I'm glad all of your info is forum bullshit and that you assume I don't have any more info than that either. Too bad you're wrong. I'm done with you. Respond if you feel like it, but if you won't take a reality check there's nothing else I can tell you.

4U2BNVS sorry we invaded your thread. good kill like I said before. I assumed full bolt-ons and I knew you were an M6, I would think you will put down 420ish if you get it tuned right and dyno'd. The MS4 makes some monster power.

So with that ricer body kit you weighed less than mfg? I love how your ONE instance is the end all for all situations. So cause you weighed in less, that means all cars do?.....yet another ricer thing from you. Whats next, you run low 12s cause you street raced and won a mid 12 car?

Now, go home.

It is obvious you know NOTHING about S197s.
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
i thought the mustangs actually weighed less than the fbods stock...as in the stangs being 3400 to 3500 and the fbod being around 3600 to 3700
That is correct.....new edges are less, but S197s are roughly the same. BUt what the 'tard above doesn't realize, is ALL cars are different (Options, etc.) and all scales are different (calibration). So, anyone with half a brain will realize that there are going to be some variances.

BTW - that was not a dig at you...sorry, I just hate stupid and ignorant people.
Old 05-22-2007 | 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

ha ha lol thats was just as bad as my race against the 99 Cobra lol... nice kill...
Old 05-22-2007 | 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Default MS4 do a search on it

thats funny bolt on M6 cars have laid down those #s. With his mods that car shoud be 450+rwhp which is easily capable of low 11s in good air....