Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A lot of classic Muscle on the street yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007 | 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default A lot of classic Muscle on the street yesterday

Seems like everyone who had anything from the 60's and 70's muscle car era was out yesterday. Got to see a Mustang 428 Cobra Jet, Corvette 427 tri-power, a couple of 389 GTO Tri-powers and of course a beautiful 454 Chevelle. Lined up with the Mustang Cobra Jet but noticed the local police watching us like hawks. Gave the driver the thumbs up and waved goodbye. Further on down the street I see a pro-street Nova. This thing obviously isn't street legal. He's tubbed and rolling on some steamroller wide tires. He nails it as the light turns green and brings the front up quite a bit. Awesome! Sorry there isn't any racing in this post but its the thought that counts. I tried but too many cops. Would've loved to have run that 454 Chevelle, it sounded wicked, and that's hard for me to say because my car is deafening, but the Chevelle was sounding just as wild as mine but more lope in the idle. Wonder what he was putting to the ground?? I am guessing quite a bit though.
Old 05-23-2007 | 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Definately awesome to have a run with some classic muscle. My family is HUGE into cars, so we ourselves have a few, including a '70 Chevelle SS 454 and that thing is a fricken BLAST to drive. It's not the fastest thing on the road (faster than my LS1 T/A when I had it) but it is by far my favorite car to drive out of all the cars we have had...gotta love the lope of the big cam and the defening sound at WOT, and all that low end Torque!

Our '69 Camaro SS Conv. is a lot of fun to drive...I love taking that one out, and it turns LOTS of heads, although not that fast, it's mainly our cruiser for nice days, but any classic is fun to drive IMO.

It's always great to get a nice friendly run going between classic and modern Muscle tho, to bad you didn't get to play around a bit!

I know I love messin with my dad when we both have our cars out on those country roads! IMO those are the best "fun" races.