Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ditching the PoPo

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007 | 07:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Ive ran on my bike but not in my car..
Old 05-29-2007 | 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

I've only ever ignored the flashing lights once, and its not much of a story. I live in a small residential neighborhood just west of Chicago (25 mph speedlimits). I was coming home from a freinds house and stopped at a light two blocks up the road from my house. It's after 1 in the morning, basically no one out. The light is about to turn green and I rev the engine up a little with the intent of flooring it up the block to my house. Right before I go I see a pair of headlights turn onto my road about 6-7 blocks behind me from the mainsteet. I think nothing of it and move out quick as the light turns green. Right as I'm banging the 1-2 shift I see the red and blues come on and my stomach drops out of my ***. I run the car to the top of second gear as I'm approaching my drive way. My house is second from the end of the block, so I slam on the brakes and turn my lights off simultaneously and then pull a hard right up my drive way. I fly into the garage, hop out the car and close the door as I run into the back of my house. Lock the back door and sprint through the house just in time to see the cop fly by and take a right up the next street. Every other time I've been flashed I've pulled over immediately. It has actually paid off a few times as I get let off with a 100 dollar ticket for driving to fast for conditions after doing 110+ in a 35 on Palm Beach Island. I drive much slower all around now. My car is A LOT louder and I have a lot more $$ invested in it. Way to much to risk speeding around and then running. Be careful out there ya'll.
Old 05-29-2007 | 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

blah blah blah don't run from the police,

now, i was coming back around the interstate going home one night about 4:00 am and i passed a cop going 145, who was apparently sleeping in his car, until i drove by at least. oh yeah i had the t-tops off and i was underage drinking, about 3 years ago. and i saw him turn his headlights on in my rear view so i just cut my headlights off and kept on bouncing. got off at the first exit and chilled. i know he recognized my car though, im the only camaro around with "huge ***" wheels.
Old 05-29-2007 | 04:01 PM
On The Tree

So i'm dropping a girl i work with off from work one night around 11:00 or so and she is in a residential area of our town with alot of small roads and such, i drop her off and speed away (i'm in a 95 olds, 88 LSS), suddenly i see a flashlight shining at my face and a cop is on a bike and yells for me to stop, i floor it and take a few zig zags up through town, no way in hell he could have kept up and i was in a very common car so i got away easily.
Old 05-29-2007 | 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

I never ran, but I did drive past a cop sitting at an intersection. The speedo in my '78 TA was well past pegged. It only went to 100. LOL. I guess I was doing about 120 when I past him. His lights never came on and neither did my brakes!
Old 05-29-2007 | 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Only once. It was about 3 am and I come tearing out of this road sideways until somewhere through 3rd. Just around the first corner it gets straigh and I see headlights behind me so I speed up to loose 'em. Well I am not loosing them as fast as I should be. So after a mile or two of this car behind me I start to worry so around the next corner I stop, dump the clutch, and spin it around in the middle of the road. Just as I get up to the speed limit I sheriff comes at me at 80-90. So I went back to town and stayed at a friends house.
Old 05-29-2007 | 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

I pulled out my 45 and slapped the pig in the face, then took off. By 45, I mean 45 inches...of my cwock. ERRRRRR LOL ???
Old 05-30-2007 | 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Theres a small back road by my house very long and straight never any cops the only problem is the threat of deer because its in a wooded area although that thought never comes in my mind when im driving through there. Anyway i was getting on to the street and thought id have a little fun. Mashed the gas 2nd through 4th got up to about 85 before i decided enough. I just put it in nutral and cost for a little and pass a car. What are the chances its a cop. I see him slam the brakes and turn on the lights. At this time im going maybe 65 on a 25 so back into 3rd it goes and i fly down the street make a quick right and then floor it down that road. I get to the end of that run a stop and fly up the street luckily the road was a little windy and i was able to make the turn into my street and shut off all my lights and watch the guy fly by about 30 seconds after i had everything off. Got so lucky drove the speed limit for quite a bit not to push my luck.
Old 05-30-2007 | 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NoGamesLS1
Only once. It was about 3 am and I come tearing out of this road sideways until somewhere through 3rd. Just around the first corner it gets straigh and I see headlights behind me so I speed up to loose 'em. Well I am not loosing them as fast as I should be. So after a mile or two of this car behind me I start to worry so around the next corner I stop, dump the clutch, and spin it around in the middle of the road. Just as I get up to the speed limit I sheriff comes at me at 80-90. So I went back to town and stayed at a friends house.

Thats a good way to do it if your car doesnt stand out much. If its not the only one in your town that looks like that.
Old 05-30-2007 | 10:48 AM
Launching!

A couple of my buddies were racing one night (240sx and a Sentra: SR20DE) and the blue lights came on behind them down the road a piece. They both dip off into a neighborhood on the right, the 240 nails the crap out of a ditch and gets a little air time in the process. The guy in the Sentra gets lucky enough to come across an open garage so he pulls in and shuts his lights off. The guy in the 240 is almost as lucky. He just pulls into a drive way and puts his seat back all the way. Well... apparently he didn't wait long enough, maybe 10min or so. He pulls out the drive way, goes the distance of about three streets and gets pulled. Somehow he got off with a WARNING for street racing. The guy in the Sentra got off scott-free though.
Old 05-30-2007 | 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Lol, Ive done it a couple times. One time trying to top out my Evo, it was like 3am and I was coming home from work. There was nobody on the freeway so I figured what the heck. I had it up to about 150 and I flew by an onramp and he was sitting right there, he turned his lights on and came after me. I just kept it floored and luckily there was a long turn on the freeway then an exit, well I had so much momentum on him that I hit the exit before he got to the turn, so I guess he figured I stayed on the freeway, cuz when I got off and headed to a gas station I seen him fly by.

Second time, I was messing around with another car and it was pretty foggy. We would pass cars and tail eachother etc. Well I got an opening and I passed him and a car in front of him and just as I started to get back in I notice a car coming up through the fog, so I squeeze back in and as I do that I notice its a Highway Patrol. Well just as he goes by me he hits the brakes. Well since it was foggy I figured what the hell. Im in a familiar area (close to home) so I keep it floored. Went around a couple turns and pull into a Bar parking lot and there were a couple cars there so I pull next to them and turn the car off. Well about 15 seconds or so later he comes flying by and keps going, so I back out and take some back roads home.
Old 05-30-2007 | 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Good posts everyone. Entertaining and informative. Keep them coming its good read on boring nights at work.
Old 05-30-2007 | 06:37 PM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

Where you at in Iraq, and what you with?
Old 05-30-2007 | 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
I pulled out my 45 and slapped the pig in the face, then took off. By 45, I mean 45 inches...of my cwock. ERRRRRR LOL ???
Old 05-31-2007 | 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Thats a good way to do it if your car doesnt stand out much. If its not the only one in your town that looks like that.
It was pitch black and he never got a good look at me. Also it was in BFE where there arent any lights But either way you can get the jump on 'em
Old 05-31-2007 | 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
Where you at in Iraq, and what you with?
Baghdad and I'm with the army
Old 05-31-2007 | 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

only once i can think of. Was my junior year of H.S. when i had my 2000 WS6. Me and a couple girls had just left a party and decided to go up to this park where a bunch of ppl were drinking and hanging out. It was way after park hours and i told them i was only goin up there for a minute cuz i knew the cops would come. Bth oth girls w/ me were drinking and had alcohol. About 30 seconds after we parked, a sheriff pulls in where about the 15-20 of us are. As soon as he turned in i yelled at the girls to get the f#ck in the car. By the time they got in the car w/ me the cop had parked right next to me. I looked him in the eye, swerved around his car and floored it. Obviously the cop chased me, but there was no way in hell he was goin to catch me. So basically i saved everyone else too b/c he left to chase me, so he caught no one. I would have been in a lot of **** too, b/c when i went to leave, other ppl were in their cars tryin to leave too, so i drove right across the grass and sidewalk onto the road to cut in front of everyone. It was pretty crazy. I wont ever forget it, although i dont suggest it.
Old 05-31-2007 | 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Topping out a bike ~3:30am, only a few wheelers on the road...cop was sitting on side of road he didn't even move/flash lights...don't blame him.
Old 05-31-2007 | 02:07 AM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kavslayer
Baghdad and I'm with the army
Good luck to ya bro.. I was there last summer. You been to the Palace yet?
Old 05-31-2007 | 06:12 AM
MASS seller approved
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by wldesyWS6
only once i can think of. Was my junior year of H.S. when i had my 2000 WS6. Me and a couple girls had just left a party and decided to go up to this park where a bunch of ppl were drinking and hanging out. It was way after park hours and i told them i was only goin up there for a minute cuz i knew the cops would come. Bth oth girls w/ me were drinking and had alcohol. About 30 seconds after we parked, a sheriff pulls in where about the 15-20 of us are. As soon as he turned in i yelled at the girls to get the f#ck in the car. By the time they got in the car w/ me the cop had parked right next to me. I looked him in the eye, swerved around his car and floored it. Obviously the cop chased me, but there was no way in hell he was goin to catch me. So basically i saved everyone else too b/c he left to chase me, so he caught no one. I would have been in a lot of **** too, b/c when i went to leave, other ppl were in their cars tryin to leave too, so i drove right across the grass and sidewalk onto the road to cut in front of everyone. It was pretty crazy. I wont ever forget it, although i dont suggest it.

that kinda sounds like some dukes of hazzard ****