Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

240 what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Semi-stock usually consists of built motor, bigger turbo, C16 gas, full roll cage, no interior.
LOL!!! There is nothing "semi stock" about a "BUILT" motor, bigger turbo, and a roll cage.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Semi-stock usually consists of built motor, bigger turbo, C16 gas, full roll cage, no interior.
i wouldnt even go that far 16g good gas and proper supporting mods and can pretty much tear up some ls1's
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by B.W.
How about HP per camshaft? We got them whipped there, and it's an equally useless statistic.
Yea I always hated that statistic HP to liter. I mean just about everything that the Viper and C6 Z06 compete with beat it in that department but it is totally different on the track isn't it. Same thing when mustang guys rag on the LS1 guys, who ******* cares my mach 1 will run with an ls1 f-body but guess what the two engines cost about the same, weigh the same and get the same fuel economy so getting more out of a smaller package doesn't make it perform any better. And to the 2v GT guys that like to say that guess what idiots the LS1 puts out more per liter than you
Old 06-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Launching!

who ******* cares my mach 1 will run with an ls1 f-body but guess what the two engines cost about the same, weigh the same and get the same fuel economy so getting more out of a smaller package doesn't make it perform any better.
Actually, your 4v is much much larger, considerably heavier, puts out a little less power, and gets 'mabe' a little worse gas mileage. 28-30+mpg on the highway is not unheard of on a 6 speed lsx.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KingCobra02
LOL!!! There is nothing "semi stock" about a "BUILT" motor, bigger turbo, and a roll cage.
I'm glad you can pick up on sarcasm.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chadder
Actually, your 4v is much much larger, considerably heavier, puts out a little less power, and gets 'mabe' a little worse gas mileage. 28-30+mpg on the highway is not unheard of on a 6 speed lsx.
An aluminum 4v longblock weighs (425lbs) within 25 pounds of a LS1 for the fuel economy I easily get 27 on the highway and remember my car is less aerodynamic and I'm running 3.55's with a .62 5th and 6spd F-body has an .5 6th with a 3.42 being the closest gear numerically to my own. Power yea you do beat me by a little.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
takes a pretty good eclipse to beat down "many a LS1"...just how stock is semi-stock? I ask because I beat down a couple (not many...2 exactly) of semi-stock eclipses...with my diesel truck (Banks Monster Exhaust, six-gun).

Nice kill, OP.
obviously you dont know much about dsm cars do you? with a boost controller, exhaust, and a tune a 4g63t car will walk a stock ls1 car. i have a friend who does 12.5x with that setup in a full interior tsi talon. my car has a evo3 16g, turboxs mbc, turbo-back 3", greddy bov, and tuned with dsmlink it makes 320-330whp and weighs 2850 with full interior. you probably raced some n/a eclipses, they are weak as hell. btw, i will race your truck....
Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capn smokey
obviously you dont know much about dsm cars do you? with a boost controller, exhaust, and a tune a 4g63t car will walk a stock ls1 car. i have a friend who does 12.5x with that setup in a full interior tsi talon. my car has a evo3 16g, turboxs mbc, turbo-back 3", greddy bov, and tuned with dsmlink it makes 320-330whp and weighs 2850 with full interior. you probably raced some n/a eclipses, they are weak as hell. btw, i will race your truck....
I know a little about DSM cars but I'm far from being an expert. Not much interested in rice. So a Boost controller, exhaust and a tune is considered "semi-stock"...that answered my question. You are probably correct. I must have beat some n/a elipses with a big, huge, fart can.

btw, I'll race your car with my semi-stock terminator.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Launching!

idk dude he sounds pretttty legit if hes talking **** to your truck, look at!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

I know a little about DSM cars but I'm far from being an expert. Not much interested in rice. So a Boost controller, exhaust and a tune is considered "semi-stock"...that answered my question. You are probably correct. I must have beat some n/a elipses with a big, huge, fart can.

I'll race your "semi-stock terminator" just to see it run...

edit: also, you have to take me for a spin in it too
Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Creman
I'll race your "semi-stock terminator" just to see it run...

edit: also, you have to take me for a spin in it too
With the stock goodqueers that are on it now, it will definitely be a spin.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CaseyEaterMach1
An aluminum 4v longblock weighs (425lbs) within 25 pounds of a LS1 for the fuel economy I easily get 27 on the highway and remember my car is less aerodynamic and I'm running 3.55's with a .62 5th and 6spd F-body has an .5 6th with a 3.42 being the closest gear numerically to my own. Power yea you do beat me by a little.
Good points. But, still the 4v is freakin huge compared to a pushrod.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I know a little about DSM cars but I'm far from being an expert. Not much interested in rice.
oh snap! haha
Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chadder
Good points. But, still the 4v is freakin huge compared to a pushrod.

True that, makes the phrases "smaller Displacement" and "Smaller Package" seem like oxymoron’s. Damn those giant heads well at least it reminds me of a big block.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

dude, you are a complete dumbass to just consider any japanese car "rice". my car was built in Ohio and cost me about a tenth of what yours cost. do a little research before you insult someones car, check out john sheperds talon on youtube and notice that is full interior street car running 7.6xs@180+. im not saying i like my car better than american muscle, but it definitely is not rice. so **** you!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Teching In

dude, you are a complete dumbass to just consider any japanese car "rice". my car was built in Ohio and cost me about a tenth of what yours cost. do a little research before you insult someones car, check out john sheperds talon on youtube and notice that is full interior street car running 7.6xs@180+. im not saying i like my car better than american muscle, but it definitely is not rice. so **** you!
DSM's were built in Illinois.

PS: John's car isn't really a street car anymore.

Last edited by dsmfan95; 06-07-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

takes a pretty good eclipse to beat down "many a LS1"...just how stock is semi-stock? I ask because I beat down a couple (not many...2 exactly) of semi-stock eclipses...with my diesel truck (Banks Monster Exhaust, six-gun).

Nice kill, OP.

What diesel ya got? We have a '06 PSD 6.0. Save the kitty delete, she's stock, but am looking at SCT programmer with either the Extreme Street Tune or The Looney Tune and a MBRP 4" straight back... Who says an 8000lb truck cant run low 14s and high 13s?

So whatcha got and got any mods on it aside from Gale's stuff on it?

The F250 has already burned quite a bit of rice, often times while pulling a trailer too! lol Nothing like being able to offer a guy to load his car onto your trailer so he'd get to his destination faster!

I drive JDM as my DD and he didnt tick me off, so why are you so butthurt? Afraid of being called rice? Hmmm if the shoe fits.....

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 06-07-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned

No, you are the dumbass.

Asian = rice. Get over it and stop crying like a little bitch because someone made fun of your ricer.

Nobody gives two ***** where your piece of **** car was built. Its a Japanese design with a Japanese engine. Get over it.

Lets all go cream out pants over john ******* sheperd because he runs 7.6 at 180MPH. Wow, I'm real impressed. No domestic car has ever done that in history. Imports must be so awesome to be able to do that

Do us all a favor and shut the **** up. You've said enough to prove that you are a typical ignorant riceboy. No need to make it any more obvious how stupid you are.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

There is always some friend of a friend of a friend who can beat stock LS1's all day with his modded up ricer.

I want you to take a guess how many people actually give a **** though. When you realize that the number is ZERO, do us a favor and stop talking out of your ***, nobody cares about your ricers.

Theres always some import troll who has to stir up touble in every damn thread.