Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

240 what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
No, you are the dumbass.

Asian = rice. Get over it and stop crying like a little bitch because someone made fun of your ricer.

Nobody gives two ***** where your piece of **** car was built. Its a Japanese design with a Japanese engine. Get over it.

Lets all go cream out pants over john ******* sheperd because he runs 7.6 at 180MPH. Wow, I'm real impressed. No domestic car has ever done that in history. Imports must be so awesome to be able to do that

Do us all a favor and shut the **** up. You've said enough to prove that you are a typical ignorant riceboy. No need to make it any more obvious how stupid you are.
Very well said!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by capn smokey
dude, you are a complete dumbass to just consider any japanese car "rice". my car was made in Ohio and cost me about a tenth of what yours cost. do a little research before you insult someones car, check out john sheperds talon on youtube and notice that is full interior street car running 7.6xs@180+. not saying i like my car better than american muscle, but it definitely is not rice. so **** you!
Just the fact that every ricer on earth knows the name of John Sheperd and his sub 8 sec dsm speaks volumes. Is it impressive? Yes very, but I’m sure their are half a dozen+ fellas who are members here with "full interior street cars" running sub 8 sec 1/4mi in lsx powered cars, and they are not looked at as gods. you may go back to having your wet dreams about John Sheperd.

As for me the only John's i care about are Force, Lingenfelter and the Baptist.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you trying to support anything about DSMs on a LS-X forum. I have 3 friends that have em and they all consider themselves rice??? I give them crap about it and they give me crap for having a domestic. Problem is you can make anything a rocket as long as you have the will to do it.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Launching!

ahh, yay for beating the 240, i love the fact they try so hard, and even tho pass us on occasion most cant keep up with my old bolt on setup :-)
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Wow, there's a lot of hate. I fully understand those sharing there love for the LSX especially, on a forum dedicated to such. Although, I do not understand where the loyalty BS is coming from. What happened with appreciation for a well built car or truck? It's amazing just how many douchebags will bash another car just because they lack interest in it. This isn't the forum I remember.

So many here with domestic cars and ricer attitudes. Grow up.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
Wow, there's a lot of hate. I fully understand those sharing there love for the LSX especially, on a forum dedicated to such. Although, I do not understand where the loyalty BS is coming from. What happened with appreciation for a well built car or truck? It's amazing just how many douchebags will bash another car just because they lack interest in it. This isn't the forum I remember.

So many here with domestic cars and ricer attitudes. Grow up.
+36256
Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by capn smokey
dude, you are a complete dumbass to just consider any japanese car "rice". my car was built in Ohio and cost me about a tenth of what yours cost. do a little research before you insult someones car, check out john sheperds talon on youtube and notice that is full interior street car running 7.6xs@180+. im not saying i like my car better than american muscle, but it definitely is not rice. so **** you!
I was gonna put you in your place, but looks like that's been done already.

Rice= Asian manf./company is asian-owned. "Rice" is slang rooted in the original slang "rice-burner". A term given to JAPANESE cars when they were first imported... long before you were born. The term is not meant as an insult. "Dumbass" and "so **** you"...those are insults.

Your car is rice by the very definition. And now, since you've accused me of insulting your car anyway;...... It's also fuggin monkey-*** ugly.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
What diesel ya got? We have a '06 PSD 6.0. Save the kitty delete, she's stock, but am looking at SCT programmer with either the Extreme Street Tune or The Looney Tune and a MBRP 4" straight back... Who says an 8000lb truck cant run low 14s and high 13s?

So whatcha got and got any mods on it aside from Gale's stuff on it?

The F250 has already burned quite a bit of rice, often times while pulling a trailer too! lol Nothing like being able to offer a guy to load his car onto your trailer so he'd get to his destination faster!

I drive JDM as my DD and he didnt tick me off, so why are you so butthurt? Afraid of being called rice? Hmmm if the shoe fits.....

My hauler is an 04 PSD F250. Use it to haul cars to events...drags, shows etc. and my ATVs. The Banks stuff and a little spray...when necessary, 6" Fabtech lift with Pro Comp extreme A/Ts and XD Diesel wheels.

No insult was intended by calling DSMs "rice". I'm an old-school guy and Asian cars have always been "rice burners" and Asian bikes "crotch rockets". Hell, my wife drives a Corolla to work every day. Wonderful dependability and mileage. 'Ol smokey snapped...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Staging Lane

DSM'S CAN BE FAST FOR BERY CHEAP, BUT THEY ARE ABOUT AS RELIABLE AS A............DEAD BANANA?

AS FOR THE SR20 THE STOCK TURBO IS ONLY GOOD FOR ABOUT 14LBS OF BOOST, AND TO RUN EVEN THAT YOU HAVE TO GET A FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER. AND AFTER YOU START RUNNING ALL THAT FUN EXTRA BOOST YOU NEED A BIGGER RADIATOR CAUSE THOSE LITTLE THINGS OVERHEAT SO MUCH. GOOD FAIRLY TOUGH LITTLE MOTORS BUT TAKES WAY TOO MUCH MODDING TO MAKE THEM FAST AND HALFWAY RELIABLE. (sorry i didnt feel like taking caps lock off)

My last car was a sr20 240sx and my trans am is a better performer is so many ways! i hung with light bolt-on ls1's but not from a dig at all. it was a fun little car, but it was still an ugly little turd.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
The F250 has already burned quite a bit of rice, often times while pulling a trailer too! lol Nothing like being able to offer a guy to load his car onto your trailer so he'd get to his destination faster!
Damn, that's good stuff there!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

I never understood what was so great about the SR20 swap. If it was me I'd stick with the KA it comes with a forged crank and forged rods stock and has nearly half a liter of displacment over the 2 liter. Add some head work and the thing will scream and have more mid and low-end torque than the SR20 could dream of. Plus guess what your allowed to have a KA in the car get caught with an SR20 in there say goodbye because they're taking your ****. So let me think this over, larger displacment engine that you already have all it needs is pistons to be really safe, has more displacment oh yea and it is legal in the U.S. OR you could pay 5-6 grand on a SR20 form a S15 still have to do a total engine install and when this is all done the thing only puts out 250 hp and thats at the flywheel. You decide.

If you like rice though I doin't mind them atleast they are real sports cars rear wheel drive. Of course for the cost of the SR20 and doing the swap you could have an LS1 F-body that will be faster.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
No, you are the dumbass.

Asian = rice. Get over it and stop crying like a little bitch because someone made fun of your ricer.

Nobody gives two ***** where your piece of **** car was built. Its a Japanese design with a Japanese engine. Get over it.

Lets all go cream out pants over john ******* sheperd because he runs 7.6 at 180MPH. Wow, I'm real impressed. No domestic car has ever done that in history. Imports must be so awesome to be able to do that

Do us all a favor and shut the **** up. You've said enough to prove that you are a typical ignorant riceboy. No need to make it any more obvious how stupid you are.
But DSM's aren't built in Asia? The 2nd gen's were built on a Stratus frame (Dodge), the non-turbo versions had Chrysler motors, and were also built in America. So are the 2G non-turbos rice too?

Mine on the other hand is built in Japan, and is classified as rice.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by schism427
Just the fact that every ricer on earth knows the name of John Sheperd and his sub 8 sec dsm speaks volumes. Is it impressive? Yes very, but I’m sure their are half a dozen+ fellas who are members here with "full interior street cars" running sub 8 sec 1/4mi in lsx powered cars, and they are not looked at as gods. you may go back to having your wet dreams about John Sheperd.

As for me the only John's i care about are Force, Lingenfelter and the Baptist.
Any sub-8sec F-bodies with a manual transmission? Just curious.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I would think the torque would blow just about any manual apart.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not trying to be against imports, there are very few friends left in DE atleast that still have something american. A buddy of mine has a Toyota Echo, yes a Echo, That will beat a stock automatic f-body. Unfortunately he has about $30-35 grand in the damn car. With that money on my car I could almost make a damn pro-mod and make a car that will run sub 8's with a T-56 because I will be able to afford the $6-8000 tranny I would need for it, but then again I wouldn't be able to take the TA back on the street. Like I said above "you can make anything fast if you want to".
Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Launching!

I'm not aware of any, just because most domestic drag racers recognize the superiority of an automatic/powerglide. Why would you want a sub 8 second manual? That would be almost impossible to drive with a torquey v8. It's probably a whole lot easier on something that has to wait until 6k rpms to start making any power. Are there any 6 second dsms?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaseyEaterMach1
I never understood what was so great about the SR20 swap. If it was me I'd stick with the KA it comes with a forged crank and forged rods stock and has nearly half a liter of displacment over the 2 liter. Add some head work and the thing will scream and have more mid and low-end torque than the SR20 could dream of. .
Thats true.
Like I have said, I had a 91 240 SX SE 5-Speed, and that little bastard would smoke the tires off in first and second gear.. im not kidding.
That little car had some grunt for a 4 banger.

It wasn't an all out fast car, but the first 3 gears where fun, and I matched a 98 3800 Camaro from a dead stop till about 80 mph... or, until I had to shift to 4th

I put about 40K on it, and I always looked around for Turbo's for the KA but this was years ago now, and there where only few, few places to get one from and they where all very expensive.

More then I paid for the car.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chadder
I'm not aware of any, just because most domestic drag racers recognize the superiority of an automatic/powerglide. Why would you want a sub 8 second manual? That would be almost impossible to drive with a torquey v8. It's probably a whole lot easier on something that has to wait until 6k rpms to start making any power. Are there any 6 second dsms?
Yes but it's auto and not completely a full chassis. I believe from the firewall back it is still a full body, but has a tubular front end. With that being said it only traps somewhere around 8mph faster than Shep's 5spd, full weight, small tire, awd Talon.

And to the point about the torque, aren't there a few 6spd Vipers in 7's?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Launching!

So what if it's an auto? How does that take away from how fast it is? 8mph faster?? No, Mike Moran's car trapped more like 205mph...

Run wutcha brung. It's not my fault your idol doesn't take every advantage available to run as quickly as possible. Besides, his car is in no way a street car.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Teching In

So what if it's an auto? How does that take away from how fast it is? 8mph faster?? No, Mike Moran's car trapped more like 205mph...

Run wutcha brung. It's not my fault your idol doesn't take every advantage available to run as quickly as possible.
Not a fan of auto's at all. Just personal preference.

I wasn't talking about Mike Moran? Who is Mike Moran? Does Mike Moran race a DSM? I was referring to Brent Rau in his 2g Eclipse. Brent Rau has went a best of 200mph (I believe) where as Shep has done 192.

It wouldn't be a smart choice for Shep to go to an automatic. His company is supported by building 5spd transmissions and transfer cases. Seems to me that the best advertisement he can have is to successfully use his own products.

Besides, his car is in no way a street car.
Beat you to that in post #36

PS: John's car isn't really a street car anymore.