Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

240 what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan of auto's at all. Just personal preference.
That's fine. Your handicap. Mike Moran has the 6 second f-body I was talking about.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
My hauler is an 04 PSD F250. Use it to haul cars to events...drags, shows etc. and my ATVs. The Banks stuff and a little spray...when necessary, 6" Fabtech lift with Pro Comp extreme A/Ts and XD Diesel wheels.

No insult was intended by calling DSMs "rice". I'm an old-school guy and Asian cars have always been "rice burners" and Asian bikes "crotch rockets". Hell, my wife drives a Corolla to work every day. Wonderful dependability and mileage. 'Ol smokey snapped...
sorry for getting pissed but the word "rice" has taken on a completely different meaning in recent years. check out Ricekiller.com, its a local car club that is HUGE and they have some pretty good definitions of what "rice" is. I take it as a huge insult to be called rice, because if youre willing to call any asian vehicle rice then what do you call a cavalier with a 3' wing, neons, and graphics? RICE is what you call it, so everybody back off the import hatin banwagon.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Btw, i also own a 84 camaro w/ a cam and heads lq9 and t-56. I LOVE american muscle, but it is kinda fun to have a quick japanese daily driver.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chadder
That's fine. Your handicap.
Not quite as bad as my prosthetic leg. That proves to be more troublesome.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

then what do you call a cavalier with a 3' wing, neons, and graphics?
A riced-out Cavalier.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

i understand but please just be careful with the R word, some take it as a serious insult. I dont want to be put into that stereotype of being a "ricer", i dont do flybys, talk ****, rev my motor conyinuously, or think my car is faster than what it actually is. As a matter of fact i have a ricekiller.com sticker on my back windshield and my exhaust is very quiet. Also DSMs are very undependable if they are not taken care of, for a fast dependable car, f-body is the ONLY way to go.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by capn smokey
for a fast dependable car, f-body is the ONLY way to go.
It's definitely ONE way to go, but I definitely wouldn't say the ONLY way to go...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
PS: John's car isn't really a street car anymore.
EXACTLY what I was thinking!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's definitely ONE way to go, but I definitely wouldn't say the ONLY way to go...

so true, im building a chevette, yay for death
Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

I was gonna put you in your place, but looks like that's been done already.

Rice= Asian manf./company is asian-owned. "Rice" is slang rooted in the original slang "rice-burner". A term given to JAPANESE cars when they were first imported... long before you were born. The term is not meant as an insult. "Dumbass" and "so **** you"...those are insults.

Your car is rice by the very definition. And now, since you've accused me of insulting your car anyway;...... It's also fuggin monkey-*** ugly.

+ a ****-ton, ...rice isnt what your car becomes , its how it was born.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

sorry for getting pissed but the word "rice" has taken on a completely different meaning in recent years. check out Ricekiller.com, its a local car club that is HUGE and they have some pretty good definitions of what "rice" is. I take it as a huge insult to be called rice, because if youre willing to call any asian vehicle rice then what do you call a cavalier with a 3' wing, neons, and graphics? RICE is what you call it, so everybody back off the import hatin banwagon.
Its called a riced-out Cavalier. In other words, a domestic car that has been modified to look Japanese. Its not rice, because it can't be. Its riced-out. There is a difference.

As for people who take offense to the word rice, this is how much I give a ****
Old 06-09-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chadder
Actually, your 4v is much much larger, considerably heavier, puts out a little less power, and gets 'mabe' a little worse gas mileage. 28-30+mpg on the highway is not unheard of on a 6 speed lsx.
Quoted because it needs to be repeated.

Pushrod blocks are the future. HP and TQ per pound of engine is where it's at.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

i understand but please just be careful with the R word, some take it as a serious insult. I dont want to be put into that stereotype of being a "ricer", i dont do flybys, talk ****, rev my motor conyinuously, or think my car is faster than what it actually is. As a matter of fact i have a ricekiller.com sticker on my back windshield and my exhaust is very quiet. Also DSMs are very undependable if they are not taken care of, for a fast dependable car, f-body is the ONLY way to go.
The R word? Oh geez, it's going to be politically incorrect to say anything in about 10 years. you know what?

Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Creman
The R word? Oh geez, it's going to be politically incorrect to say anything in about 10 years. you know what?

I ran at MIR this weekend for the Pinks! all-out episode. There were a few imports (can't say the "R" word ) there. 2 RX7s...1 broke and 1 ran a high 10 which was impressive. 2 WRX cars...1 ran a 14 something and the other broke. 2 DSMs that I saw...both broke on the line. I kept waiting for bad-*** import...the RX7 was the baddest and only 2 made it down the track that I saw. 400 cars ran...

My opinion of fast foreign street cars remains unchanged.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

I ran at MIR this weekend for the Pinks! all-out episode. There were a few imports (can't say the "R" word ) there. 2 RX7s...1 broke and 1 ran a high 10 which was impressive. 2 WRX cars...1 ran a 14 something and the other broke. 2 DSMs that I saw...both broke on the line. I kept waiting for bad-*** import...the RX7 was the baddest and only 2 made it down the track that I saw. 400 cars ran...

My opinion of fast foreign street cars remains unchanged.
You know what now that I think about it that's really a true statement. When I 1st read it I though to myself that is not true at all I see imports at the track all the time and they don't break that much. Then I started to remember the times they were all running yea they weren't breaking but they were also lucky to sniff the 14's. I see plenty of American muscle running 13's, 12's even 11's over and over but you'll see some ricer run that a few times and the ones that do often are in the parking lot a few runs latter trying to piece their ride back together.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaseyEaterMach1
You know what now that I think about it that's really a true statement. When I 1st read it I though to myself that is not true at all I see imports at the track all the time and they don't break that much. Then I started to remember the times they were all running yea they weren't breaking but they were also lucky to sniff the 14's. I see plenty of American muscle running 13's, 12's even 11's over and over but you'll see some ricer run that a few times and the ones that do often are in the parking lot a few runs latter trying to piece their ride back together.
+2
Old 06-11-2007, 08:56 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
One of the theories is that LS1 F-bodies are cheap now. They are the same price as Civics were six years ago used so the "same" type of person who bought the civic, DSM (that did not have the money to mod it correctly) Celica, etc buy 98-00 F-bodies.

In the Subaru crowd, there is a huge influx of moronic owners recently with 02-03 WRX's mainly due to the fact that they can get one for 13k instead of the 24k a couple years ago. Most moronic car enthusiasts cannot afford a $24k car or the insurance. 03-04 Terminators will be hit by the same problem as soon as a plethora of 18 year old kids start being able to afford them.
Yeah, I can't wait...
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Launching!

damn 18 year old kids and their fast cars...

....bday 10-7-88

z28=42 pizza delivery paychecks (almost two years lol)
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Not everyone is the same... my ex-girlfriend's little brother (we're still cool) just got a Competiton Orange '04 Cobra for a graduation/18th b-day present. He's a real carguy, and not "ricey" at all, so I'm not really worried about him. But I am gonna drive his car
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
One of the theories is that LS1 F-bodies are cheap now. They are the same price as Civics were six years ago used so the "same" type of person who bought the civic, DSM (that did not have the money to mod it correctly) Celica, etc buy 98-00 F-bodies.

In the Subaru crowd, there is a huge influx of moronic owners recently with 02-03 WRX's mainly due to the fact that they can get one for 13k instead of the 24k a couple years ago. Most moronic car enthusiasts cannot afford a $24k car or the insurance. 03-04 Terminators will be hit by the same problem as soon as a plethora of 18 year old kids start being able to afford them.
I've heard some bullshit in my day, but your post takes the ******* cake.

You're honestly trying to say that the same people who buy 98-02 F-Bodies are the same people who bought Civics, DSM's, and Celicas and riced them out??

Yet these are the same people who don't like ricers, which brings us back to your original complaint of people not being "open minded" and "ignorant". So how does that work out at all?? It doesn't. Ricers don't like America muscle, and guys who like Muscle cars don't buy ricers. Some people make mistakes and realize that rice sucks and change their attitude, others, like yourself, decide that a riceburner suites them better.