Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

240 what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
One of the theories is that LS1 F-bodies are cheap now. They are the same price as Civics were six years ago used so the "same" type of person who bought the civic, DSM (that did not have the money to mod it correctly) Celica, etc buy 98-00 F-bodies.

In the Subaru crowd, there is a huge influx of moronic owners recently with 02-03 WRX's mainly due to the fact that they can get one for 13k instead of the 24k a couple years ago. Most moronic car enthusiasts cannot afford a $24k car or the insurance. 03-04 Terminators will be hit by the same problem as soon as a plethora of 18 year old kids start being able to afford them.
You're honestly trying to say that the same people who buy 98-02 F-Bodies are the same people who bought Civics, DSM's, and Celicas and riced them out??

Yet these are the same people who don't like ricers, which brings us back to your original complaint of people not being "open minded" and "ignorant". So how does that work out at all?? It doesn't. Ricers don't like America muscle, and guys who like Muscle cars don't buy ricers. Some people make mistakes and realize that rice sucks and change their attitude, others, like yourself, decide that a riceburner suites them better.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Any sub-8sec F-bodies with a manual transmission? Just curious.
With a stock tranny i dont know. but im sure there are plenty manual f-bods under 8s i know there are vettes with the same motor (ls1) and factory manual tranny (T56) running those times. i would think there are some fast vipers with the stock T56 as well. but i think the viper spec T56 is a little diffrent from the spec GM uses. ALSO AFTER REVIEWING the comment i posted before, i have to say i came off as quite an a-hole. didnt mean to. i have been a member here for years but dont post much so i dont want to come off so angry. any car that clips the 1/4 that fast at those speeds is impressive. i was simply trying to show that its maybe a little more common for LS1's then DSM's (so maybe its more impressive for a dsm to do it.) i dont know why i came off so harsh and mad lol maybe i see it now that im on vacation and the stress is all gone.