Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

damn cops

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn cops

i was at the hot rod nationals east up in York PA and the cops there are ******** first we are sitting at a strip mall parkin lot just watchin the hot rods drive around and we get kicked out ....whats the point of havin hot rods if u cant watch them ....then we go in to town to race around and my buddy dose a fish tail from 1st to 2nd in his ls1 well theres a cop a couple cars back and needless to say he gets pulled over well the cop was an *** hole and my buddy almost got arrested his car towed and every thing but he got off with reckless driving(which i understand) and disordly conduct (no idea why) but whats the point of have a hot rod show and not let people have there fun ....then on the way home my other buddy in a 5.0 and his freind in a integra get pulled over, one got a ticket for tailgatein and a 70 in a 65 but the car he was tailgating got a 80 in a 65 i just dont get it .. i was the only one out of 4 of my buddys that didnt get pulled over and i was the one doin the burn outs HAHA
Old 06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cruzinMaroZ28
i was at the hot rod nationals east up in York PA and the cops there are ******** first we are sitting at a strip mall parkin lot just watchin the hot rods drive around and we get kicked out ....whats the point of havin hot rods if u cant watch them ....then we go in to town to race around and my buddy dose a fish tail from 1st to 2nd in his ls1 well theres a cop a couple cars back and needless to say he gets pulled over well the cop was an *** hole and my buddy almost got arrested his car towed and every thing but he got off with reckless driving(which i understand) and disordly conduct (no idea why) but whats the point of have a hot rod show and not let people have there fun ....then on the way home my other buddy in a 5.0 and his freind in a integra get pulled over, one got a ticket for tailgatein and a 70 in a 65 but the car he was tailgating got a 80 in a 65 i just dont get it .. i was the only one out of 4 of my buddys that didnt get pulled over and i was the one doin the burn outs HAHA
Call it a lucky night for you. Do any more of those chances, you will be next.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 317 Likes on 240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Damn.. you guys got some shitty luck, and a bunch of Cops that are bored. Down here there is more interesting stuff going on for them, they tend to leave us alone. On Base is a different story..don't even sneeze above the 35mph speed limit..
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

pa cops are d*cks
Old 06-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Banned

Pa cops are special lol the local one's for me are usually pretty cool. Its the state boys that are the problem
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Your buddy that got the reckless driving can kiss his license goodbye for 6 months mandatory ( if I remember correctly ) unless he fights it and wins. Your other buddy doing 70 in a 65, this was on the highway I am guessing ? If so that cop really had a stiff one for him. The state cops around allentown pa don't do under 75 in a 55 on the highway, usually more like 80 and they don't mess with you if you are doing 75 behind them.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

go to the turkey rod run in daytona.

about the only thing you cant do is donuts in the street lol
Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Man that sucks. Some of the cops around here can be ****** but we've got a few that'll go out and watch us race. We've got them to radar us a few times. As long as you're not doin it around high traffic areas or your not a ***** there pretty cool about it.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Teching In

and the thing is there are people gettin shot in the same city that all this happened in and the cops still give us a bunch of **** just for driving around and even for hangin out in a parkin lot we get kicked out every saturday night they just dont have any thing else to do i guess ...and word is that staters close to me got a 04 cobra wouldnt want to try to out run him
Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike...you lil *****....lol he is fighting it, ex district attorney is reping him. says he cant get him off the reckless driving, and the disorderly is a toss up because its a sliding scale violation. it is so vaugely defined, that it can almost mean pretty much anything. if you like racing around and wasting tires so much, when we gunna race? lol just messin
Old 06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Teching In

I just had a hearing for a speeding ticket yesterday. Had a receipt for a speed sensor being replaced and told the cop before the hearing my service engine soon light was on and the speedo stopped working that night. I got a reduced fine by about $5x and no points on my license. Like I said, unless the cop is nice and willing to plea bargain, maybe he can get the reckless dropped to a careless. If not his license is automatically gone if he loses. I also got one of them a few years ago and lost, it cost me a total of about $7xx for a lawyer, to file appeals for a new hearing at the county court house and a appeal through penndot so my license wouldn't be suspended until after the hearing at the county courthouse. The cop didn't show for that hearing and the charge was dropped. If your buddy has the cash tell him to keep fighting if he loses the first time and hope for the best.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

I'd like to hear the Cop's side of the story. Bet it is different.

Do stupid stuff, get caught, pay the price. Use the court system to your advantage if you can. Otherwise, my heart ain't bleedin for ya. Sorry.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Hate to say it, but you guys were asking for it doing that stuff in front of cops. I'm sure the cops could of given you a little more leeway, but I guess it just depends on the cop. Probably some video game nerd who believes fast cars are lame and they should only go from point A to point B.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

Im sorry to say but what did you expect a cop to do when your fishtailing in the middle of the street?? Around here they would do the same thing that cop did .
Old 06-08-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2001z
Im sorry to say but what did you expect a cop to do when your fishtailing in the middle of the street?? Around here they would do the same thing that cop did .
true, same here, it is very easy to lose it and spin, your friends are lucky they didnt get worse.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree with you all. but as for the LS1. i know for a fact that he sat the whole night with me and watched the hot rods. he wasnt out show boating all night and being reckless like the 5.0s and the LT1. just so happened at the end of the night when he and his girl were driving home, and she hates him doing anything in that car..... he pulled out of the light in 1st, shifted to second....let the rpms get up to around 4k in second...instead of shifting, he goosed it alittle , just enough to break the tires loose. it barely went sideways and he let out of it right away. he got pulled over, got told to get out of his car, hand cuffs were thrown on him, thrown up against his car and then into the back of the cruiser. a witness stopped, told the officer that he had the wrong guy if he was looking for the black camaro burning uot and being wreckless all night, that he had the wrong car. the officer didnt want to hear it. and even another state trooper pulled up and ask the officer why he was being so extreme and place the driver in cuffs and into the cruiser. he was told to mind his own buisness. IMO the officer was being unprofessional and alittle extreme. should the LS1 get something...yeah, but not wreckless and disorderly. Ahem...... the black LT1....consider this your warning...you got luck bro. id think twice before doing that kinda stuff again. its just a matter of time before you get into lots of trouble or worse yet....hurt yourself or someone else. PEACE
Old 06-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Launching!

cops vary around these parts... once i fishtailed out of sonic on an empty night in my dads '71 gmc sprint. the only reason the cop pulled me over is because it was memorial weekend and he wanted to make sure i wasnt drunk. other cops, on the other hand, are gay. i got a ticket for 12 over, 42 in a 30, which i understand. what i dont understand is my friend was going 22 over the first time, 17 the second, and 19 the third time he got pulled over and still no tickets.....
Old 06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have never had an issue with police. But then I don't park or drive in areas potentially blanketed by police (cruising, racing hang-outs, etc.) where I could be perceived as being a part of any street racing or illegal elements. That's just playing roulette.

Just a few thoughts for future reference.....