Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cops Destroy 6 Street racing Cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fort Pierce
Well yes, im sure theres a gutted civic hatch weighing around 1500 pound with some huge turbo that would beat a 500hp ferrari on the highway.
See, You are just jumping around my question. I asked.. if "this" Civic...
And this was my whole point, where You see a guy that claims that his 350hp (motor hp) civic could beat a Vette or even Ferrari (saying it like there is no difference for him whatsoever), I think it's just funny and that car wasn't all that fast anyways.
I am sure there are fast as hell civics... but this is not the case.. so quit popping up with all this import pride for now.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CRZYPWR
See, You are just jumping around my question. I asked.. if "this" Civic...
And this was my whole point, where You see a guy that claims that his 350hp (motor hp) civic could beat a Vette or even Ferrari (saying it like there is no difference for him whatsoever), I think it's just funny and that car wasn't all that fast anyways.
I am sure there are fast as hell civics... but this is not the case.. so quit popping up with all this import pride for now.
well you see, not every ferrari is 500hp. Now you see, most ferraris run around high 12s and low 13s. A 350hp civic could easily run that, and do even more damage from a roll. BTW a ferrari is an import, and so is your camaro.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just like Honda's are domestics.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Finite1
Just like Honda's are domestics.
Well mine was built in america, and I do live in america. So I guess that makes it a domestic import?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

well you see, not every ferrari is 500hp. Now you see, most ferraris run around high 12s and low 13s. A 350hp civic could easily run that, and do even more damage from a roll. BTW a ferrari is an import, and so is your camaro.
Yes, but do You know for a fact this Civic could do that? Looking at how this guy put it all together, I don't think this was the case. Talking in general won't work either, because like You saod, not all ferraris run same fast times, thing is we spoke about racing off the roll, as this is a advantage for a civic I assume in race against vette or camaro. Well there are some Ferraris with some well built motors and big TTs on them, which civic would not handle on the top speed in the end.
I just said that in THIS case, it is most likely BS and this particular Civis is not all that fast.

As far as Ferraris beeing imports, and my Camaro ? who cares..what does it have to do with anything? I am not popping up with some ricer pride. I was talking about one CAR in particular, You popped up with Civics beeing fast in general, that there are some fast civics bla bla bla...
Either way this is gonna go... Civic is still a Civic... Ferrari is a Ferrari... and I don't care if my Ferrari was 15sec 1/4mile.. I would drive it over a Civic w/o a question in my mind.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

Yes, but do You know for a fact this Civic could do that? Looking at how this guy put it all together, I don't think this was the case. Talking in general won't work either, because like You saod, not all ferraris run same fast times, thing is we spoke about racing off the roll, as this is a advantage for a civic I assume in race against vette or camaro. Well there are some Ferraris with some well built motors and big TTs on them, which civic would not handle on the top speed in the end.
I just said that in THIS case, it is most likely BS and this particular Civis is not all that fast.

As far as Ferraris beeing imports, and my Camaro ? who cares..what does it have to do with anything? I am not popping up with some ricer pride. I was talking about one CAR in particular, You popped up with Civics beeing fast in general, that there are some fast civics bla bla bla...
Either way this is gonna go... Civic is still a Civic... Ferrari is a Ferrari... and I don't care if my Ferrari was 15sec 1/4mile.. I would drive it over a Civic w/o a question in my mind.
Theres a civic that can go 200mph. A civic is a civic, great gas milage, easy to fix, easy to mod, easy to sell. Ferraris are junk compared to a NSX.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

Well mine was built in america, and I do live in america. So I guess that makes it a domestic import?
Well, mine comes from America and was built in America. So that's pretty domestic to me.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The management and engineering techniques aren't domestic.

You're saying that f-bodies having some production in Canada makes it an import right?

GM manufactures cars in like 33 countries. Thats why it's the largest auto manufacturing company in the world?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Theres a civic that can go 200mph. A civic is a civic, great gas milage, easy to fix, easy to mod, easy to sell. Ferraris are junk compared to a NSX.
Was anyone even talkin about NSX? At all ? Yet again, you went around what is beein said. Civic is not an NSX and Ferraris are not junk in any case.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Was anyone even talkin about NSX? At all ? Yet again, you went around what is beein said. Civic is not an NSX and Ferraris are not junk in any case.
Ferraris are slow and break down a lot. A nsx is a professional race car and will beat ferraris and also rev very high. It has something called V6 vtec.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
If a 93 Civic really had 350 WHP then it would destroy a Corvette. It would weigh about 800 lbs less with the same WHP.

Nice kill btw......

350 and 400 are not the same. 800 lbs isnt all that much, and the trq will more than make up for that, not to mention the drivetrain on a vette as compared to a "93 civic". And 10k just to make 350 hp? Waste. Might as well have bought two civics.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
350 and 400 are not the same. 800 lbs isnt all that much, and the trq will more than make up for that, not to mention the drivetrain on a vette as compared to a "93 civic". And 10k just to make 350 hp? Waste. Might as well have bought two civics.
10k including the 3k car...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

10k including the 3k car...

10k - 3k car = 7k.

ok, forgive my typo...might as well have bought two and 1/3 civics?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

10k - 3k car = 7k.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

10k - 3k car = 7k.

$7k to go from 103hp to 350hp isnt that bad if civic are what your into. 350hp in a civic can be low 12s with the right set up.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Just too bad that 3k civic looks like a coffee can... sounds like it too...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

$7k to go from 103hp to 350hp isnt that bad if civic are what your into. 350hp in a civic can be low 12s with the right set up.
right around the range of a stock c6. doesnt sound much like it would get destroyed to me.

now take that same 7k and put it into the vette

now in all fairness to you, 7k to get roughly 250hp i guess is justifyable, not the smartest route...but justifyable (ATI procharger around that price for fbod and get roughly 250-300 extra power.)
Old 06-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

Just too bad that 3k civic looks like a coffee can... sounds like it too...
Yup, its a piece of **** compared to a camaro, which is a piece of **** compared to a supra, which is a piece of **** compared to your " ferrari", which is a piece of **** compared to a buggati veyron, which is slow compared to the space shuttle.

A camaro looks like a damn catfish and sounds like a popcorn maker.........I think thats cool though I happen to like cat fish.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Yup, its a piece of **** compared to a camaro, which is a piece of **** compared to a supra, which is a piece of **** compared to your " ferrari", which is a piece of **** compared to a buggati veyron, which is slow compared to the space shuttle.

A camaro looks like a damn catfish and sounds like a popcorn maker.........I think thats cool though I happen to like cat fish.
Hahaaha, You call a Camaro a piece of **** in comparison to a Supra? Well then You are a damn moron... Then You call Supra a piece of ****.. no no no... You got it all wrong. Civic is a piece of ****.. but any of the cars after are not pieces of **** in any case You ingnorant sack of nonsense...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Hahaaha, You call a Camaro a piece of **** in comparison to a Supra? Well then You are a damn moron... Then You call Supra a piece of ****.. no no no... You got it all wrong. Civic is a piece of ****.. but any of the cars after are not pieces of **** in any case You ingnorant sack of nonsense...
My friend that owns a 13 second CRX says they are

Quick Reply: Cops Destroy 6 Street racing Cars