Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock 07 Z06 vs modded 99 RT10 (killemall)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007 | 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95N20FORMULA
so im assuming they run similar 1/8 mile times then fadi?
Yes, very. They are extremely close through the 1/8 due to the much more aggressive tranny gearing in the Z06. Once the Z06 shifts into 4th at 103 mph, the Viper then will start running away from it.
Old 07-09-2007 | 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

how about c5 z vs c6 z are th close in at any speeds
Old 07-09-2007 | 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F-117HWK
"It has to beat Ranger's 10.85@129."

Was this not on DR's, cause I am pretty sure it was.
It was. And if I remember correctly, with a tune.

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6

To some I guess. I'm not into the 4X4 look.
Cool.

How can I get a vid of the 600 hp version? Are they even on the street yet? I won't back pedal. If the Viper is faster, it's faster. It has to beat Ranger's 10.85@129. It will have it's work cut out even with the extra 100hp.
God I hate when people post that time and act like the car was stock...

When I asked you if you were a DCX engineer you said 'maybe' in a previous thread. Seemed you knew something about a factory blown Viper in the works. I realize now it couldn't be true.
Nope, I'm not. Don't want to be one. Too little money in it.

Sure you do. Are you dating Kate Moss now also? What a joke.
I could post some things right now to prove you wrong, but I could care less what you think. Your ignorance shows.

Since when was it a big deal to be able to purchase a 80K car? Hell, I already have 70K in used cars...

Good. Bye.
Peace out.
Old 07-09-2007 | 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Ranger ran the 10.8 wihtout a tune. it was with dr's only. But we all know this is not the norm given the negative DA, running at sea-level on the best track, with the best driver.
Old 07-09-2007 | 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Does anyone here actually know him/does he post on this board?
Old 07-09-2007 | 02:48 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-117HWK
Does anyone here actually know him/does he post on this board?
I think several here are very familiar with his nuts.
Old 07-09-2007 | 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
MUAHAHAH..that was funny!!
Old 07-09-2007 | 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fadi
MUAHAHAH..that was funny!!
Sorry. Couldn't pass that one up.
Old 07-09-2007 | 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

hahaha thats great, I kinda noticed that but hey, its their choice i guess

But seriously...does anyone?
Old 07-09-2007 | 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fadi
Ranger ran the 10.8 wihtout a tune. it was with dr's only. But we all know this is not the norm given the negative DA, running at sea-level on the best track, with the best driver.
Still... His best was what, 11.2 stock?

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Holy hell dude! You took the words right out of my mouth. I swear, right after I read that, "Does anyone know him...." I was about to post exactly what you said.
Old 07-10-2007 | 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall

If i had hooked first then I would have been a car length ahead till 140 mph..
Damn dude, are you ******* kidding with this garbage? You get beat by damn near 2 on multiple occasions cars and then have the nerve to come here talking about how you would have won if you hooked a little better. Thats why it is pointless racing ******** like you, even when you beat them strait up they will come with excuses and more BS. How about he breaks that Z06 in 1st and learns how to drive it. That will make alot more difference than you spinning a little bit off a rolling start. Look dude, Vipers are cool, but Chevy made a Corvette that pretty much does everything better. It is faster, it handles better, and it brakes better. What can you say dude?
Old 07-10-2007 | 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
C6 Z06 > Ford GT > Viper
Know your role bitch.

Lol, are you nuts?

The Ford GT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY Z06. Give me a break. Youre taking this "omg 2 cars from 30-150" **** way too seriously now. The Z06 is an impressive performer, the FGT is a rolling work of art. End subject.
Old 07-10-2007 | 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSINA7
I could post some things right now to prove you wrong, but I could care less what you think. Your ignorance shows.

Since when was it a big deal to be able to purchase a 80K car? Hell, I already have 70K in used cars...
My ignorance shows? I assume all your BS talk about 7 sec Vipers refers to this car.

Garth Weaver

Why don't you ask him what kind of money he has in it including the price of the car. An 800-900 rwhp Lingenfelter Z06 would be around 100k+ including the price of the car. I'd imagine Mr. Weaver's car has somewhere in the neighborhood of 150K invested.
Since it's all I hear from you it must be what your shooting for. Offer him 80k, you might get the motor.

BTW- This look familiar?

"Need money for college... I am transferring this upcoming year and really would prefer to not have to take out too much in loans.

And guys, I'm going to lower it to $13,800, but that is going to be it. I need to get rid of it to get a DD and save the rest for school. Registration is coming up soon... I need the money!"

Sounds like someone who can put together a 7 sec. Viper.

I love the internet. Everyone is Royce Gracie, Hugh Heffner and Donald Trump all rolled into one. I'm done with this nonsense.

Last edited by 02ZOh6; 07-10-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2007 | 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pakisho
Lol, are you nuts?

The Ford GT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY Z06. Give me a break. Youre taking this "omg 2 cars from 30-150" **** way too seriously now. The Z06 is an impressive performer, the FGT is a rolling work of art. End subject.
I'd have to agree with pakisho here. The GT is in a different league and I'm still not totally convinced a stock C6Z can take a stock GT.
Old 07-10-2007 | 11:08 AM
***Repost Police***

Lol, are you nuts?

Agreed
Old 07-10-2007 | 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its no question that the Ford GT is in a different class than a C6 Z it also costs damn near twice as much....we know where the Ford GT stands but the point is its not much if any faster than a C6 Z especially 0-150. It certainly can't be argued that the C6 Z seems to transcend what makes sense especially since it takes a similar weight C5Z more hp to even be equal with a well driven C6 Z06. Who knows maybe its the powerband or the torque curve. We should all be happy that you can buy 505 hp C6Z's and soon 600 hp Vipers and then 650 hp Blue Devils! You guys have got me curious how I would fare against a Viper N/A ....
Old 07-10-2007 | 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

My ignorance shows? I assume all your BS talk about 7 sec Vipers refers to this car.

Garth Weaver

Why don't you ask him what kind of money he has in it including the price of the car. An 800-900 rwhp Lingenfelter Z06 would be around 100k+ including the price of the car. I'd imagine Mr. Weaver's car has somewhere in the neighborhood of 150K invested.
Since it's all I hear from you it must be what your shooting for. Offer him 80k, you might get the motor.
I'm buying a high mileage GTS (35-40K) and doing to work myself. I'm not trying to beat Garth Weaver's car.

BTW- This look familiar?

"Need money for college... I am transferring this upcoming year and really would prefer to not have to take out too much in loans.

And guys, I'm going to lower it to $13,800, but that is going to be it. I need to get rid of it to get a DD and save the rest for school. Registration is coming up soon... I need the money!"

Sounds like someone who can put together a 7 sec. Viper.

I love the internet. Everyone is Royce Gracie, Hugh Heffner and Donald Trump all rolled into one. I'm done with this nonsense.
I'm flattered you took the time out of your busy day to look up my posts. I'm pretty sure I've already disclosed to you that my money is in equities and I do not have a lot of cash on hand. I can take out loans for school and make a larger return on my money than just paying for school.

I'm almost thinking about posting some info on my portfolio, but I'm already viewed as a rich kid, so I don't think it'd be good to make that any worse. Even though I've made on that money on my own.

Sorry you don't understand the business world. And noone said I was putting together a 7 second Viper. I'm not Hugh Heffner for sure, and def. not Donald Trump. I do practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu however, so I am a little Royce.
Old 07-10-2007 | 08:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSINA7
I'm buying a high mileage GTS (35-40K) and doing to work myself. I'm not trying to beat Garth Weaver's car.

I'm flattered you took the time out of your busy day to look up my posts. I'm pretty sure I've already disclosed to you that my money is in equities and I do not have a lot of cash on hand. I can take out loans for school and make a larger return on my money than just paying for school.

I'm almost thinking about posting some info on my portfolio, but I'm already viewed as a rich kid, so I don't think it'd be good to make that any worse. Even though I've made on that money on my own.

Sorry you don't understand the business world. And noone said I was putting together a 7 second Viper. I'm not Hugh Heffner for sure, and def. not Donald Trump. I do practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu however, so I am a little Royce.
What color GTS? I have been looking at them myself. I really want to get a blue and white. However, they seem to cost quite a bit more. I recommend getting 96-99 b/c of the forged engine from the factory.
Old 07-10-2007 | 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

FGT is awesome. but the Z is NA, that says alot for the craftmanship of that LS7. don't get me wrong, i've ridden in a FGT, and it turns way more heads than my Z, but Ford needs to come up with a better engine IMO. you can supercharge one of my turds enough to run faster than the NA Z
Old 07-11-2007 | 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=LSINA7]
Then give it a rest about the 7 sec. Vipers. If you aren't going to do it, there's no sense talking about it.

I'm flattered you took the time out of your busy day to look up my posts.
No problem. When you smell BS you usually don't have to look far.

Sorry you don't understand the business world.
Well, let me give you a little tip sunshine. Investing your earnings in a car isn't going to yield you any returns. Your going to lose big. Especially on a miled out Viper. They hold their value real well, but only when the mileage is kept down and they're bone stock.