Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

so i finally got my revenge ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007 | 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default so i finally got my revenge ....

............... It all start a long long time ago ..lol...............
well there is a boy thats lives around here with a mach 1 ..its basically just all bolt on car ...but a damn fast bolt on car ..he went 12.4 on drag radials....so back when my car was stock we raced well he handed me my *** ...and i ended up bending my 3/4 shift fork ...that wasnt the worse part well i got pulled over on top of it ....by luck i'm friends with alot of cops around here and when the cop ran my lic. a buddy called him and told him to let me go ....but he flipped out on me and yelled at me for atleast 15 minutes ....well me and the boy with the mustang are pretty good friends well both laughd about it and stayd in touch ...so when i first got my car back together he came over i took him a ride in the car ...he was impressed ...well since we last raced all he done to his car was 4.30 gears ..built the rear and got a race tune ..so he put down like 325 rwhp ....

last night i left the movie theater and saw him hanging out at the car wash cleaning his car ..so i stop by and talkd with him for a few minutes then one of the local cops came and ran us off ...well as we where leaving we both got on the interstate ..as we were getting on the interstate he got on it so i did also..well we got side by side getting ready to race and we both lookd up and saw 4 state tropper on the side of the interstate with there lights on all 4 standing outside of there cars ...so we kno the heard us ..but they never pulld out after us ...so we both were like **** it we kno were the cops are lets go at it ...so we started from a 60 mph roll...as soon a we took off i pulld on him like kno other ....well after i stop i saw him turn his hazards on and pull of the road so i did so to and went back to check see if he was ok ...well come to find out when he went to put it in 5th the drive shaft snapped right at the unversal joint and luckly the exhaust held it up or he would have been on a ride of his life ......well the the tranny wont go into first gear kno either so ..we think he broke the input shaft ...but i'm going to help him tear it down today and try to figure it out ..........

he lookd at me and told me and told me once we hit 4th he said i walkd away from him.... i guess i finally got my revenge but i feel bad about his tranny breaking ....
Old 07-16-2007 | 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good kill, too bad about the breakage. Boy did you guys luck up seeing all those troopers and no one came after you.
Old 07-16-2007 | 04:50 PM
***Repost Police***

Good kill, but if he's "all bolt-ons," I would think he'd have more than 325rwhp...
Old 07-16-2007 | 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good kill, but if he's "all bolt-ons," I would think he'd have more than 325rwhp...
I wouldn't.....then again, I don't consider upper and lower intakes and cams bolt ons.....325 sounds about right....give or take a few.

Nice 'Kill'......I would guess right on the input shaft. Makes me wonder who did the gear install...did the set everything up ok?.......

Go at it again..and hope nothing breaks.
Old 07-16-2007 | 05:26 PM
Launching!

oh yea, there comes out the F.ix O.r R.epair D.aily

too bad he broke, its cool your helping him tear it down tho.
I'da left em on the side of the road.... lol!
Old 07-16-2007 | 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by b.lee

Maybe you missed the part where the Fbod broke something too?

Anything is prone to breakage...especially when modifying.
Old 07-16-2007 | 06:02 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I wouldn't.....then again, I don't consider upper and lower intakes and cams bolt ons.....325 sounds about right....give or take a few.

Nice 'Kill'......I would guess right on the input shaft. Makes me wonder who did the gear install...did the set everything up ok?.......

Go at it again..and hope nothing breaks.
I just would have thought it'd be more than that... I don't even consider my car "all bolt-on" (don't have LTs), and with LTs/tune I'd be right around 285-290rwhp. Is there really only a 35rwhp difference between modded GTs and Machs?
Old 07-16-2007 | 06:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by b.lee

LOL @ the Fix or repair.

I hope you're not serious about leaving someone you raced ( a friend even in the case) on the side of the road.

You must not drag race...best group of guys on the face of the earth when you break...eager to help make another round regardless of what brand you drive and even lend spare parts. One reason I love the sport so much.

Anyway, forgive me for the rant if you were not serious when you made that super lame statement.

to the OP: Way to even the count .
Old 07-16-2007 | 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I just would have thought it'd be more than that... I don't even consider my car "all bolt-on" (don't have LTs), and with LTs/tune I'd be right around 285-290rwhp. Is there really only a 35rwhp difference between modded GTs and Machs?

YOu already have Shorties...although they dont' flow as well (obviously) they are better than stock..so you won't gain 20-25 RWHP going to LTs with a tune. You also have an aftermarket upper intake..that speaks for alot. I consider you being full bolt on...you don't have LTs, but you do have the aftermark intake (kind of negate each other).

It also depends...we all know dyno's vary. I have seen machs put down 320 Rwhp with not much at all (CAI, intake spacer, alum DS, midpipe, tune, electric W.P.). A TRUE Full bolt on mach would be mid 300s.

I guess it all comes down to what each person considers a bolt on.
Old 07-16-2007 | 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my best friend mach has every bolt on i know of, new maf, c&l intake, intake spacer, lts, tune, ewp, alum drivshaft, built tranny, built rear, 4.10s and tune and when we took it to get tuned it put down a best of 331/338
Old 07-16-2007 | 06:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Now THAT does sound a bit low... but every car/dyno is different. That's why we don't race with dyno sheets

Edit: But the gears and built rearend might have something to do with that.
Old 07-16-2007 | 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Intense
my best friend mach has every bolt on i know of, new maf, c&l intake, intake spacer, lts, tune, ewp, alum drivshaft, built tranny, built rear, 4.10s and tune and when we took it to get tuned it put down a best of 331/338
Then I would have a talk with that tuner.....not to be picky, but does he ahve a midpipe/catback?..it isn't listed there.

BTW - that is pretty much a full bolt on mach (aside from the midpipe/catback). And like I said...Dyno's vary.
Old 07-16-2007 | 08:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Good Kill....ANd its nice of you to help him. If i was racing my friend with his cobra and something broke i would help him. Brand doesnt matter when you're friends.
Old 07-16-2007 | 10:08 PM
Teching In

i dont think this guy was a full bolt on, decently modded though. nice kill!!!
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=67390
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
i dont think this guy was a full bolt on, decently modded though. nice kill!!!
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=67390
yeah thats Ben ... ..damn i thought he had more done then that

Last edited by kackley; 07-17-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

thanks guys ....i'm proud of my kill but i feel bad about his car ......after we started messing with the car last night ...he broke the input shaft ...the u-joint put a hole the floor pan a little bigger then a quarter and cracked his consol...his almn drive shaft is done ...it bet the hell out of his floor and dentd the X-pipe pretty good ....the shifter cracked ...the bell housing cracked and the tails shaft of the tranny crackd to were u could see the output shaft ....the best part is the bottom tabs on his block on both side cracked also ...but the local shop said they can weld it .......so it was a hell of a break ...i tryd to talk him into ls1....lol...but he wasnt tryn to change it up
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
. Boy did you guys luck up seeing all those troopers and no one came after you.
i dont understand why they didnt ..they had to of heard us getting on the interstate
Old 07-17-2007 | 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kackley
thanks guys ....i'm proud of my kill but i feel bad about his car ......after we started messing with the car last night ...he broke the input shaft ...the u-joint put a hole the floor pan a little bigger then a quarter and cracked his consol...his almn drive shaft is done ...it bet the hell out of his floor and dentd the X-pipe pretty good ....the shifter cracked ...the bell housing cracked and the tails shaft of the tranny crackd to were u could see the output shaft ....the best part is the bottom tabs on his block on both side cracked also ...but the local shop said they can weld it .......so it was a hell of a break ...i tryd to talk him into ls1....lol...but he wasnt tryn to change it up
I know redliner from the registry...that sux man. Sux even more with what he had done.

i'd be a tad weary about the shop 'welding' the block though...that's just me.
Old 07-17-2007 | 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

excessive motorsports is the shop thats going to rebuild his tranny and stuff for him ....and try to fix the block .......yeah he is a awesome person
Old 07-17-2007 | 02:19 PM
Launching!

He must row those gears damn hard. Wow.