Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock z/28 took down a 360whp tt300zx

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock z/28 took down a 360whp tt300zx

i was told before i was a waste of gas for this kid,so i decided to race everything esle around here and proceded to win everything,so he finally gives me my shot last night.my car is mostly stock,lid filter and stripped interior.it is an auto 323 gear car.so we agreed upon a 35 roll on the highway.we were door slammin until he hit third then it was just carnage.i pulled about two cars on him and kept pulling super hard.i have a vid that i wil try and get from my buddy to post up.the excuses came pretty good after that too."my turbo is blown...your car isnt stock...that car should not go that fast..."looks like i wasnt a waste of gas.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Theres a 365 awhp 300Z around here and it only trapped 107? I know its a heavey car but still thats low it should be trapping a good amount higher. Good kill I have always loved those cars.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 67maro
Theres a 365 awhp 300Z around here and it only trapped 107? I know its a heavey car but still thats low it should be trapping a good amount higher. Good kill I have always loved those cars.
awhp? i might be wrong but im 90% sure those 300zx are rear wheel drive
Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Nice kill.

300Zs are RWD.

But a stockish Z wont be taking a 360WHP Z32 from a roll.

What you did is show some numbers racer of a ricer how far from his claims he really was. I love these guys who claim x power based on what the parts slingers told them. Way to burst a bubble

Besides that, dynos are really inaccurate these days due to pressure to have great all out numbers. You can apply smoothing and a correction factor and probably show a stock Z28 making 350WHP.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Nice kill.

300Zs are RWD.

But a stockish Z wont be taking a 360WHP Z32 from a roll.

What you did is show some numbers racer of a ricer how far from his claims he really was. I love these guys who claim x power based on what the parts slingers told them. Way to burst a bubble

Besides that, dynos are really inaccurate these days due to pressure to have great all out numbers. You can apply smoothing and a correction factor and probably show a stock Z28 making 350WHP.
i actually saw his dyno numbers.i am pretty good friends with the kid.and all 300zx's are rwd.when iu get the vid,i will prove that i put the hurtin on the z.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Launching!

I dont doubt you murdered him at all. Like I said, nice kill. Shows what a basic LS1 can do.
I just doubt he made 360WHP on an honest dyno run. Like I said, you can make a dyno say about anything. One big trick is in the "correction factor". Now I have seen accurate ones. One Supra owner from a club I am a part of dynoed at 6000FT elevation and at sea level. They extrapolated his sea level numbers to within a few HP, which is truly great. But I have also seen guys get all pumped because they claim huge power numbers.....on a 25% correction factor.

Its a great kill, but IMHO, the truly great part of it is that you really gave a dose of reality to the situation by laying the smakdown with a 300WHP car.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 67maro

300zx were high 13 sec cars anyway, running anywhere from 103-106 traps. I highly doubt, he was making that kind of power or else his car wasnt running properly