Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got my ass kicked by a evo WTF!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EspaceF1Fan
They run 19psi stock..and run low 13s stock well driven....If he wasnt stock..then dont be too embarrased....EVOs are pretty badass cars....
They are actually pretty gay looking econo rice boxes...but thats besides the point. They just happen to be turbo charged, which means every moron and his brother can crank up the boost and make it relatively fast. Tons of boost is a short term solution to a long term problem - lack of cylinders and displacement. Those cars end up on the back of rollbacks before they ever even come close to reaching 100K miles, its a lot of stress on a small motor. Not to mention the entire drivetrain - transfer case, transmission, and differential combined - is about the size of our transmissions alone. Its a little riceburner, not a drag car.

Fine tune your setup or get some more mods and whoop his ricer *** next time.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 334 Likes on 254 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Its a little riceburner, not a drag car.
Regardless, they still launch out of the Hole like a mother..one meduim modded is a challenge for most.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_merv
Regardless, they still launch out of the Hole like a mother..one meduim modded is a challenge for most.
yep, just be thankful is wasn't Chris' AMS EVO. That is a mean little sumbitch.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

Well I know a few Evo's at close to 100K miles and still running strong. I sold mine with 50K miles on it and to this day it still runs great. Not many cars come from the factory as a "drag car" anything can be made to be fast or handle, thats just a bad arguement.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Banned

They are actually pretty gay looking econo rice boxes...but thats besides the point. They just happen to be turbo charged, which means every moron and his brother can crank up the boost and make it relatively fast. Tons of boost is a short term solution to a long term problem - lack of cylinders and displacement. Those cars end up on the back of rollbacks before they ever even come close to reaching 100K miles, its a lot of stress on a small motor. Not to mention the entire drivetrain - transfer case, transmission, and differential combined - is about the size of our transmissions alone. Its a little riceburner, not a drag car.

WTF are you talking about. Plenty of 4g63 motors, are making in excess of 800hp+! If they can make that consistently, then running around 4-500hp on a daily basis shouldnt be a problem. I guess it ran long enough to put an *** beating on a procharged Z06!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol sorry dude im a big lsx fan and domestic fan but if you think just because its a 4 banger it cant beat you. AMS street cars run high 9's all day man.... @ 14X traps. they arent slow.

and to the guy saying they are on trailers all the time..... sorry but your an idiot. the 4g63 is a proven motor and is a bad *** motor. 1000whp from ams and plenty of 600+whp daily driven cars all around....

lol check this- Built 408 + lots of nitrous TA vs. EVO (i think close to 700whp)
http://videos.snapoffracing.com/vide...8f00bb3495.htm
Old 08-27-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

From my understanding an evo can support 400 wheel on the stock turbo.....
Old 08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Launching!

And stock fuel pump....EASY
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Teching In

He could have either been on a small upgraded turbo running around 25 psi on pump or he couldve been on the stock turbo with full bolt ons, cams, and race gas at around 25psi. Theyre badass cars man, fastest 4 cylinder car imo. Race gas makes a huge difference in these cars btw. My friend has an 03 evo full bolt on with cams running 1.5 bar of boost and its running low 12's, and theres a white evo around here thats running low 11's with the same mods but on race gas and a little more boost.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EspaceF1Fan
And stock fuel pump....EASY
It's probably possible, but most people don't risk it since it's a cheap upgrade.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Launching!

I'm picking my nos plate kit up tommorrow, " I'm gonna make them call that evo the elmo"

I was talking to a guy at work thats messed with them some and he said with a stock turbo and a bigger intercooler which the elmo has it can run 28psi!!! I heard this one had a cam and head work too but idk!!! I did see the upgraded intercooler! Now he probally will punk out or want 3 or 4 cars from me, thats not gonna happen though. Its gonna be heads up with a flag like it should've been last time. I got tired of arguing and gave him the brake.... lol that was my mistake. I'm gonna try to run him this weekend and I'll update this to " my ta kicked the elmos ***!""

I 'm gonna try to beat him on motor and let him think I was spraying, and tell him i'll do it double or nothing and give him a car and juice his ***!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Launching!

wow, do you hate when people talk crap about f-bodies because that post is in an extremely narrowminded manner.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by matthewjosh
I'm picking my nos plate kit up tommorrow, " I'm gonna make them call that evo the elmo"

I was talking to a guy at work thats messed with them some and he said with a stock turbo and a bigger intercooler which the elmo has it can run 28psi!!! I heard this one had a cam and head work too but idk!!! I did see the upgraded intercooler! Now he probally will punk out or want 3 or 4 cars from me, thats not gonna happen though. Its gonna be heads up with a flag like it should've been last time. I got tired of arguing and gave him the brake.... lol that was my mistake. I'm gonna try to run him this weekend and I'll update this to " my ta kicked the elmos ***!""

I 'm gonna try to beat him on motor and let him think I was spraying, and tell him i'll do it double or nothing and give him a car and juice his ***!!!!

Fair race ???. Let us know.

Edit: When I typed ??? I got question marks, WTF?

Any way, fair race for the ****** win.

Last edited by Sparetire; 08-27-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

I really dont know much about turbo's but i believe what unit is saying...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Teching In

I heard this one had a cam
It's not an LS1.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Launching!

So u can't do cam or head work to a evo? only ls1's?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tpduke112
wow, do you hate when people talk crap about f-bodies because that post is in an extremely narrowminded manner.
Don't mind him,he's just a troll,he gets banned every other week.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Launching!

So u can't do cam or head work to a evo? only ls1's?
No. What he was crypticly refering to was that Evos are DOHC, meaning two cams, not one. LS1s are the only modern single cam in block motor except the new MOPAR stuff that you will see on the street. Tons of old school OHV stuff at the track though

You can definitely do head and cams work on Evos. The stock cams are retardedly conservative, and for great top end you almost have to run an aftermarket cam. The stock head is pretty much way more than most will ever need, though its smart to get better valve springs if running a good cam.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

You know the word cam can be plural!!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Launching!

I have my nos plate kit halfway on now!!

Quick Reply: I got my ass kicked by a evo WTF!!!!!