Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT-8 Cruising

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Vai
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-8 Cruising

I drove my friends SRT-8 the other night. Man, that was a nice car. There were 4 people in it. The interior was great, and very comfy. We took it up to about 150mph. We tried to find people to race the whole night. For about 3 hours, all we found was a green F150, which we smoked the hell out of (I don't even know why he wanted to race us in the first place).

Near the end of the night we asked these college kids to race. They agreed (after we told them we had the v6 Charger, even though SRT-8 was all over our damn car!) and hopped in their Thunderbird and followed us around town for a little bit. As we were pulling into a parking lot to discuss the rules, a Corvette followed and pulled in as well. The guy in the corvette was really cocky and wanted to race for money. He also told us that it was the v6 version (it was an ls2, bone stock).

We pulled up to the place where we were to race. Round 1 was our Charger vs. the vette. As soon as the light turned green, we got about a 2 second head start. The Corvette pulled ahead of us in no time though, and beat us by a good distance. We tried again and the same thing happened. Afterwards, we obliterated the Thunderbird.

All in all, it was a really fun night.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Vai ?? as in steve vai? are you a fan ? or the man himself? you never know online... ive wanted to ride in one of these srt-8's. my uncles always loved mopar,hes got me thinking twice.the only thing i dont like is you cant tune them yet...
Old 08-31-2007, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

I have a feeling the kids with the Thunderbird called a friend with a C6. Seems too coincidal that he ould say V6 version, considering there has never been a V6 Corvette. Not to mention the Thunderbird kids 'falling for' the V6 Charger thing when it said SRT-8 all over it and probably sounded like one too.

At least you had fun racing!

Dan
Old 09-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Vai
Teching In

I'm a big Vai fan.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vai
I'm a big Vai fan.
nothing wrong with that... im a newbie here as well but welcome to the forum. "the audience is listening" is still my fav to this day....
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Banned

Satriani and Vai kick ***. Btw good death to a C6, it was inevitable.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Vai
Teching In

Ha ha yeah, I love Vai and Satch. The Charger was very nice to cruise around in, much nicer than my friend's Supra and Camaro. Too bad Chargers are so damn heavy...

Last edited by Vai; 09-02-2007 at 09:36 PM.