Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gen3 SRT10 Viper VS C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what race you were in, but from where I was sitting.. I was kicking your butt. So if you think that you won.. 3 out of 12.. then we can call those flukes.. or driver error. But if someone beats me 3 out of 12 times.. You might as well keep on racing till 25 cause sooner or later the other driver will **** up again.. so then you can say.. you lost 6 to 19. Either way.. In a clean race, you'd lose everytime.

We can video this like I said, and it'll show the truth. From where I was sitting.. it was about 2 cars ahead.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RSKY
I don't know what race you were in, but from where I was sitting.. I was kicking your butt. So if you think that you won.. 3 out of 12.. then we can call those flukes.. or driver error. But if someone beats me 3 out of 12 times.. You might as well keep on racing till 25 cause sooner or later the other driver will **** up again.. so then you can say.. you lost 6 to 19. Either way.. In a clean race, you'd lose everytime.

We can video this like I said, and it'll show the truth. From where I was sitting.. it was about 2 cars ahead.
*cough* 15th *cough*
Old 09-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Launching!

HOLY CRAP MAN...

I post on here like a gentleman and admit defeat and you act like a assholio about it..

You won 7 ( mostly when I mis shifted or redlined)

I won 3 ( mostly when you lost traction)

Then from 70-140 you stretched me by 2 cars...

Did I not already post all this in a very Gentleman like manner..

the problem is that your very fast to claim your 7 wins ( even though you admit that I hit the limiter during many of those "wins"..

yet with my wins you say "I wasn't ready" or I spun and almost hit you and let off" and your wins dont count..

Bad form man..Seriously

From a dead stop these are both 11 second cars..But guess what..eighter one can run 13's with spinning or mis shifts...

On 3 of the runs your car got out driven man...

On 7 of the runs my car got out driven...

On the final run from 70-140 mph my car got out powered...BIG DIFFERANCE

My only quarrel is that it really seems like you dont like to admit defeat..

You lost 3 of the low rolls in a row...

Again..last night you said you swerved ( due to spinning) and almost hit me and thats why you lost..

now your saying that you wernt even trying and thats why you lost..

As well you say you wernt ready and thats why you lost..

....WICH REASON IS IT MAN....

Thats just weak sauce....

Your my Boy..But you dont need to make excuses for that car man...It proved it was faster already...You just spun and lost a few...

In high HP cars that happens all the time..No biggie..

Just stop with the I spun/I wasnt ready/I wasnt trying crap..

If Im acellerating from 30-110 mph and see you two cars back then you were trying man...

Come on Man...Really
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like we need some video as the results can not be agreed upon.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
Sounds like we need some video as the results can not be agreed upon.
+1...threads like these need a vid.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

This thread is getting dumb. And why do you have to put a space between each of your sentences killemall?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

I vote for a re race tonight.

Either race from a 70 when BOTH are in third gear (not one in 2nd and one in 3rd so there are no excuses) or race from a 50 where both are in 2nd. Killemall, man up and wind out 4th gear, and I GUARANTEE you will be atleast 4 cars behind at 160. Of course, only if it is safe to do so with no traffic in sight.

Racing from a dig WILL NOT PROVE ANYTHING, imo. WAY too much driver/traction dependant. Killemall, I understand that you want to go form a low roll/dig because it is your only chance to get some W's under your belt, but tell me, what did you accomplish by beating the traction/driver of the Z06? What baragging rights does that give you? imo, none.

Man up, do two races, and GET THEM ON VIDEO. Once race from a 50-160 and the other from a 70-160 (if you want to do this race since you seem to really like a 70 roll). None of this 30-110 BS. These cars START pulling at 110, nevermind ENDING a race there.

This way, there is NO excuses as to which car is faster and how much is it faster by (car lenghts)!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
a c5z06 can beat a SRT10 if the c5z06 gets traction better from low rolls..
EXACTLY!!! And this is the reason to my post above as to why you guys should race from a 50 and NOT from a low roll/dig.

Is a C5 Z06 really faster than an SRT-10?? We both know the answer to that.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah whats with this low roll bs? Either race from a dig or a freeway roll. A 50-70 mph freeway roll is going to tell you alot more about what the car is capable of then a few burnout sessions.

I agree with Fadi a 70-140...good clean runs no traffic...start in 3rd or 2nd but both in the same gear. And quit being scared and pull 4th all the way thru.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell because of traction even a 911 TT is comparable 0-100..but over 100 mph is where the pain train comes on for the Z06.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Teching In

If this goes down after 11pm I can chase. I shouldnt have a problem keeping up. The camera guy can ride with me.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Please no chase camera. Keep the camera angle from the passenger seat of the cars that are racing. It just shows the outcome in a much more clear fashion.

Just my opinion..

Nice Supra, btw..
Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fadi
Please no chase camera. Keep the camera angle from the passenger seat of the cars that are racing. It just shows the outcome in a much more clear fashion.

Just my opinion..

Nice Supra, btw..
Maybe, but that means that BOTH cars have to have a passenger to make it even. I dont think either has a camera mount. Thanks for the compliment. Car looks a bit different now though.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Yeah whats with this low roll bs? Either race from a dig or a freeway roll. A 50-70 mph freeway roll is going to tell you alot more about what the car is capable of then a few burnout sessions.

I agree with Fadi a 70-140...good clean runs no traffic...start in 3rd or 2nd but both in the same gear. And quit being scared and pull 4th all the way thru.

I find it ironic, that when Gsrhunter said he races from 70+mph he gets clowned. Now that a viper or Z is involved, you want them to race from 70.

I dont see what the problem is. He already admitted the Z was faster.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Launching!

The problem is that I said we both start at70 in second gear...To make us both at the same standard..

I started in second but he chose third instead of second..

So when we hit it I had to immediatly change gears while he kept going in third....

So next time we'll both go in third from a 70 mph roll...I went out and practiced last night and it will be much closer this time..Eliminating that immediate shift from 2nd to 3rd is really gonna even things up a bit...

We already have a time and date set up for this as well as many camera men
Old 09-03-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pssonu
I find it ironic, that when Gsrhunter said he races from 70+mph he gets clowned. Now that a viper or Z is involved, you want them to race from 70.

I dont see what the problem is. He already admitted the Z was faster.
IMO , I think racing from a dig with high HP (street tire no DR's) cars is stupid. And I usually race from a freeway roll because thats where most of my races come from.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
The problem is that I said we both start at70 in second gear...To make us both at the same standard..

I started in second but he chose third instead of second..

So when we hit it I had to immediatly change gears while he kept going in third....

So next time we'll both go in third from a 70 mph roll...I went out and practiced last night and it will be much closer this time..Eliminating that immediate shift from 2nd to 3rd is really gonna even things up a bit...

We already have a time and date set up for this as well as many camera men
When are you guys racing?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by germeezy1
IMO , I think racing from a dig with high HP (street tire no DR's) cars is stupid. And I usually race from a freeway roll because thats where most of my races come from.

Trust me, I totally agree with you. Im just saying, that the same people that ripped Gsrhunter for going from 70mph roll, are the ones suggesting to do so here.

Fadi, you are correct. I would rather see a side by side comparison, rather than a chase car.