Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

another 46 bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
too bad you're in florida, i kinda want to see how my slow little H/C/I 306 does against you
What does your 88 fun? Both on and off the bottle?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ran 11.6Xs on motor, have yet to spray it at the track. was spraying a 125 dry, just put a wet plate kit on it so i'll probably go w/ a 150 at least.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:45 AM
TECH Resident

11.6 would put you right in the ballpark with Bitemark.

Other than the Vic Jrs, EFI Intake, & Z Cam, what have you done to the motor? I noticed its a 306...mild build? Street car?

Just curious.

Bob
Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

I'm sorry to give you fbody guys a bad name. It's just that 80% of you can't drive, and it's my opinion that the 80% give fbodys a bad name. It's the other way with mustang guys....mainly because they have to drive better to beat an fbody guy that can drive. Did you catch all that?...I know some of you are kinda slow...no pun intended.
To everyone defending 4.6's: It's a newer motor and it's smaller. Of course some of you are going to find someway to make it impressive. 4v sc cobras are impressive. The other two are not prolly cause of the boat anchors they're put in. I'm just saying for their time, the forged, roller 5.0s were better.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
11.6 would put you right in the ballpark with Bitemark.

Other than the Vic Jrs, EFI Intake, & Z Cam, what have you done to the motor? I noticed its a 306...mild build? Street car?

Just curious.

Bob
lol sounds like you've done your research. heads are touched up, forged rods(childs albert), JE pistons(forged also). thats pretty much the basic setup, along w/ supporting mods(30#ers, 80mm tb, 6al, wal 255, etc). the suspension setup is what makes it move though. and yes its a street car, hardly get it to the track. i dont mind regular driving at all, even w/ skinnies, no front swaybar, 90-10s, no a/c, no back seat. still has 2 seats in the front, radio, heat/vents lol.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
I'm sorry to give you fbody guys a bad name. It's just that 80% of you can't drive, and it's my opinion that the 80% give fbodys a bad name. It's the other way with mustang guys....mainly because they have to drive better to beat an fbody guy that can drive. Did you catch all that?...I know some of you are kinda slow...no pun intended.
To everyone defending 4.6's: It's a newer motor and it's smaller. Of course some of you are going to find someway to make it impressive. 4v sc cobras are impressive. The other two are not prolly cause of the boat anchors they're put in. I'm just saying for their time, the forged, roller 5.0s were better.
What kind of track times are you pulling?
Old 09-16-2007, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I've only ran the car once on skinny street tires just playing around. It ran 8.50 in the 1/8 blowing the tires off through 2nd gear. I had to speed shift 2nd or it would kick sideways. As it was spinning, it was digging, cause I had the tire pressure about 20psi. Prolly the only reason it ran that good. With slicks, a tune, and a gear it should be good for a 7.90. The engine is stock with hooker longtubes and custom air intake and has 116k. Like I said it's not fast but relatively fast for what I've got in it.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I've only ran the car once on skinny street tires just playing around. It ran 8.50 in the 1/8 blowing the tires off through 2nd gear. I had to speed shift 2nd or it would kick sideways. As it was spinning, it was digging, cause I had the tire pressure about 20psi. Prolly the only reason it ran that good. With slicks, a tune, and a gear it should be good for a 7.90. The engine is stock with hooker longtubes and custom air intake and has 116k. Like I said it's not fast but relatively fast for what I've got in it.
could someone please count the # of excuses here? i counted like 8, and a nice "should run..."
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
lol sounds like you've done your research. heads are touched up, forged rods(childs albert), JE pistons(forged also). thats pretty much the basic setup, along w/ supporting mods(30#ers, 80mm tb, 6al, wal 255, etc). the suspension setup is what makes it move though. and yes its a street car, hardly get it to the track. i dont mind regular driving at all, even w/ skinnies, no front swaybar, 90-10s, no a/c, no back seat. still has 2 seats in the front, radio, heat/vents lol.
Sounds similar to the 88 Coupe I had. Was running 11.9s with ported E7s, ported intake, a good custom cam, and a mild suspension. Was able to retain the factory speed density setup courtesy of a custom chip from Mike Wesley. My car was a factory non-A/C version (ordered it that way), but still had all the factory seats, power windows/locks, stereo, etc. Was a lot of fun....one of those "wish I hadn't of sold it" type of things.

Good luck - I don't street race, and don't condone it, so be careful out there....we all have to share the road.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

I don't need excuses chief, you wanna run lets go
Old 09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Not trying to sounds like a jerk or trying to start an argument but talking trash about 4.6's and only running 8.50's is kind of ironic. I'm a full second faster than you in the 1/8. So be modest, it'll go a long way. -Mark
Old 09-16-2007, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

your running slicks right?...and keep in mind my motor is "stock", no tuning nothing. Besides, if you'll read, I've admitted 2 or 3 times my car is not fast(define modest). I just don't like 4.6's, where's the crime in that?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
***Repost Police***

your running slicks right?...and keep in mind my motor is "stock", no tuning nothing. Besides, if you'll read, I've admitted 2 or 3 times my car is not fast(define modest). I just don't like 4.6's, where's the crime in that?
I think what he's getting at is that your grouping of all 4.6s together is ill-informed, and your reasons for not liking them don't really hold water
Old 09-16-2007, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't group them all together. I said sc cobras are impressive, the other two 4.6s are not. Hey, it's just my opinion and I know that.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok come here and i'll door you. otherwise, stop trying to be an internet badass and act like you're setting up a race w/ a car halfway across the country with another slow car. no one cares about your excuses.

i think you are judging all 4.6s based on the stock/mostly stock ones you've raced/heard about. mustangs are cheap to make fast whether you like it or not. its ignorant to say because its an n/a 4.6 its slow, because anything can be made fast.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Yes I run slicks. Car runs 2-3 tenths slower in DOT's. My motor is stock too. Valve covers have never been off the car. There's no crime for hating on anything. But when you say there slow then come back and say what you run (i.e on the slow side) its kinda of funny. Like the pot calling the kettle black. -Mark
Old 09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I have yet to loose to a stock longblock or H/C/I 302. -Mark
Mark if you want we can arrange to meet at the track or street and run. Mine is a H/C/I 302.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'd like to run em

Also I'm on 17" wheels, no drag tires here.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ZOMG BUT YOU HAVE SLICKSZORZ!!!!111!!!!@!

excuse #9. run what you brung and hope you brung enough
Old 09-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Teching In

I simply made the comment based on your claim that you drive better than 80% of F-Body owners. It usually the people with little to no track time that brag about how good of a driver they are.