Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock z28 vs mild bolt on 05-07 gt

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive read those cars are supposed to run 12.4s and even the one i test drove felt faster than my car so i dont know what that guys problem was. Ive heard you can do little mods to those cars and make them in the 11s
Old 09-18-2007, 01:52 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by T-56SLPSS
Ive raced my fair share of gt's, all 5 speeds and they run good but all in all they are pony cars. You cant compare them to a true muscle car like the discontinued F-body.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive raced my fair share of gt's, all 5 speeds and they run good but all in all they are pony cars. You cant compare them to a true muscle car like the discontinued F-body. It is really impressive how those cars lack a leter and can run the way they do. On the other hand if you get in a fight with a termi you better be ready. Ive raced an 03 that said his best run was a 12.9 but i just dont think he knew how to drive because i had him by about 3 lenghts at 120. And if he did know how to drive those cars are over rated a bit. Unless you change the pulley and then they are screamers.
that actually made me laugh out loud
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

i thought you guys would like that. im not a big mustang fan, but they have always been an american pony car and a stock mustang any year to a stock ls1 is no match.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM
***Repost Police***

So a stock '03 Cobra is no match for a stock LS1 F-body? That's laughable. And in case you didn't notice, the F-body always was and always will be a "pony car" as well. You might wanna read up on your history
Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

and maybe you guys should check your times before you laugh, or maybe you should get an ls1 and run one.
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
has 0-60 and quarter times. Ive ran my car 1 time since my intake swap and ran a 12.8. Cobra with a professional driver ran a 12.9. Im no professional driver. I have respect for these cars but you should know what you are talking about before you laugh at someone.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Fastest stock time for an 03-04 Cobra was 12.4 I believe... and people routinely run in the 12.5-12.7 range. Have you not realized that sometimes people that actually OWN the cars can get better times than "professionals" that get one day with the car?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

I said mustang not cobra they are 2 totaly differant cars with different motors. stock ls1 vs. stock termi the termi would win thats why they are called terminators. With a few bold ons (like i have) against a stock cobra (like i said earlier) the ls1 is victorious.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
***Repost Police***

I said mustang not cobra they are 2 totaly differant cars with different motors. stock ls1 vs. stock termi the termi would win thats why they are called terminators. With a few bold ons (like i have) against a stock cobra (like i said earlier) the ls1 is victorious.
With every post, you make yourself look like more and more of an idiot. A Cobra isn't a Mustang? The GT has a different engine than the base Mustang, so does that mean it's not a Mustang? The Mach 1 has 4v heads and a forged crank, so I guess that means it's not a Mustang either, right? And it's BOLT-ONS.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

your right a cobra is a mustang and a gt is a mustang and a mach 1 is a mustang. but who cares, everyone knows a 03 04 stock cobra will rape a stock ls1. 03 and 04 cobras are bad *** with exhaust a pullie and slicks you can break 11's i never said they weren't fast i said i thought they were over rated bc everyone talks about them and i have little stuff done to my car and i outran one.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

your right a cobra is a mustang and a gt is a mustang and a mach 1 is a mustang. but who cares, everyone knows a 03 04 stock cobra will rape a stock ls1. 03 and 04 cobras are bad *** with exhaust a pullie and slicks you can break 11's i never said they weren't fast i said i thought they were over rated bc everyone talks about them and i have little stuff done to my car and i outran one.
and maybe you guys should check your times before you laugh, or maybe you should get an ls1 and run one.
http://www.albeedigital.com/superco..._0-60times.html
has 0-60 and quarter times. Ive ran my car 1 time since my intake swap and ran a 12.8. Cobra with a professional driver ran a 12.9. Im no professional driver. I have respect for these cars but you should know what you are talking about before you laugh at someone.
i thought you guys would like that. im not a big mustang fan, but they have always been an american pony car and a stock mustang any year to a stock ls1 is no match.

Can someone answer this for me?..........^^^^is this guy for real?

I don't think even the other ignorant members I have had my run in's with are THIS out of touch with reality.....well, maybe one (and you know who you are).
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

what are mustang guys doing on ls1 tech. notice no ls1 owners are arguing with me, just you sinsitive mustang boys. im sorry if i made you boys mad with my posts and if i said a cobra wasn't a mustang, when i was talking about mustang and i said an ls1 would out run any mustang i was talking about gt's (not cobras, but way to make me realize that a cobra is a mustang, i didn't realize that), my bad i didn't reallize you mustang boys wouldn't understand what i was talking about.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

what are mustang guys doing on ls1 tech. notice no ls1 owners are arguing with me, just you sinsitive mustang boys. im sorry if i made you boys mad with my posts and if i said a cobra wasn't a mustang, when i was talking about mustang and i said an ls1 would out run any mustang i was talking about gt's (not cobras, but way to make me realize that a cobra is a mustang, i didn't realize that), my bad i didn't reallize you mustang boys wouldn't understand what i was talking about.
Immaturity at it's finest folks....what are you, 17?

And btw - my post comes from the fact that I didn't see a single fact in your posts. NOT one. I dont' even think you beat that cobra.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Why are you arguing with me? Im just saying things i know to be true. Im sorry if that you dont believe me. My car will outrun a stock Cobra. Times i have ran at Rogersville, MO prove my car to be faster than a 03 and an 04 cobra with a pro driver. The cobra i outran prove my car to be faster than a Cobra. maybe you should go to this post and check a stock cobra time
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Why are you arguing with me? Im just saying things i know to be true. Im sorry if that you dont believe me. My car will outrun a stock Cobra. Times i have ran at Rogersville, MO prove my car to be faster than a 03 and an 04 cobra with a pro driver. The cobra i outran prove my car to be faster than a Cobra. maybe you should go to this post and check a stock cobra time
So because you ran a 12.8, that means you're faster than an '03 Cobra? You do realize that 12.9 is a mediocre time for that car, right? So yes, you beat THAT one test. And you beat one person on the street. Congratulations
Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

But im done now i dont really care about talkin with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Sorry i dissed your cars but maybe you should read up alittle bit b4 you start talking about things, maybe then you would understand what im talking about and not argue because your mad a 15K camaro SS out ran one of your boys out there. Maybe you should rebuild a motor, or hey for that fact build an old car from the ground up and maybe then you will know what im talkin about. By the way ive do own a ford, its a 1953 f-100 ford pickup with a 1972 torino front clip i welded on with a 351 i rebuilt dyno'd at 643hp at the fly and a buillet proof C6 trany with a ford 9 in rear end. Its all primer yellow with 17in torque thrust 2's. If you know anyone thats interested its for sale.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
***Repost Police***

But im done now i dont really care about talkin with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Sorry i dissed your cars but maybe you should read up alittle bit b4 you start talking about things, maybe then you would understand what im talking about and not argue because your mad a 15K camaro SS out ran one of your boys out there. Maybe you should rebuild a motor, or hey for that fact build an old car from the ground up and maybe then you will know what im talkin about. By the way ive do own a ford, its a 1953 f-100 ford pickup with a 1972 torino front clip i welded on with a 351 i rebuilt dyno'd at 643hp at the fly and a buillet proof C6 trany with a ford 9 in rear end. Its all primer yellow with 17in torque thrust 2's. If you know anyone thats interested its for sale.
I don't care what you've built or modified... your logic is flawed at best, and your attitude is juvenile.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

well i guess thats to be expected from a 20 year old. Im proud of all my work ive done and i hate when people tell me im not right after all my hard work ive put into a car. And maybe you think a 2000 SLP SS is a shitty car but it took me 4 and a half months to find it and its my dream car. Even tho im not a fan of mustangs i still respect them especially the 03, 04 cobras. And with the upgrades my car has i think 12.8 is doin pretty good. Im done being a jacka$$.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
***Repost Police***

well i guess thats to be expected from a 20 year old. Im proud of all my work ive done and i hate when people tell me im not right after all my hard work ive put into a car. And maybe you think a 2000 SLP SS is a shitty car but it took me 4 and a half months to find it and its my dream car. Even tho im not a fan of mustangs i still respect them especially the 03, 04 cobras. And with the upgrades my car has i think 12.8 is doin pretty good. Im done being a jacka$$.
Well with the way you run your mouth, you need to get used to people telling you that you are "not right."
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

I like argueing about cars. I live and breath cars. And besides saying cobras weren't a mustang i didn't say anything that wasn't true.

Quick Reply: stock z28 vs mild bolt on 05-07 gt