Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Any stock LS1's in the Colorado Springs area wanna run a saturn lol?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007 | 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Not AS affected, but still affected.
Regardless...I think the OP can take a stock ls1.
Old 09-19-2007 | 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What else have you done? Have you ever dynoed your car? This is information that can help us tell you where you should stand.
At the time of the run all i had was the pulley upgrade... mods as of now are 42.5# injectors, CAI, pulley and custom tune via HP Tuners... All TQ management had been turned off and we raised the redline from 6450rpm to 7200rpm.

A tune does alot for our cars due to GM's lovely stock tuning... i havent dynoed it yet but ive seen stock LSJ's dyno 230-250whp with just bolt on's.

Heres a video of me versus my buddy's T61 Turbo V6 maxima, he dynoed 270whp @ only 6psi, in the video he's running 15psi with supporting mods, exhaust and Greddy E-Manage, first run was from a 60 roll where he completely kills me (Turbo V6 Vs Supercharged 4CYL at top end= PWNED) 2nd run was from a 30 roll where my car does best (down low)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...82000517d7.htm

Last edited by BoostHard05; 09-19-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2007 | 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think when u did 14.6, u were around .5 slower than LS1 at that altitude. But now u said you've done more to it, I don't know what, but I would say you're doing good for a car like that. Nobody would expect that from that car, well a lot of people wouldn't, the 1's that don't know bout' the redlines. It's a sleeper for sure.
Old 09-19-2007 | 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

I bet he is lieing, and has more done now than when he ran his 14.6, everybody lies...and then they will try to say it's cause they can drive that they beat a car that run's atleast a full second faster in the 1/4.

edit: whoops I didn't know he said he has more done to it, that changes everything can't really look at the 14.6 time at all now. This race will be from a stop right, like a real 1/4 mile race where you don't have to worry about what mph to go from, your better mph or his.
Old 09-19-2007 | 06:48 PM

Why are people here more welcoming and polite than the jerks over on LS1.com?

Some of them are talking **** about my car, some about me and others are calling me a liar saying that i cant run a 14.6 @ 100 with just a pulley upgrade.

i appreciate how mature and open minded you guys have been , thank you for that.

Jimmy169: Yes it will be from a dig i just want to know if i really am faster than a stock LS1 or not because i walked on that WS6 pretty good, we didnt even reach 90mph and i had already put about a car on him. if it was a shitty driver i want to see how i do against the car when its driven to its full potential.
Old 09-19-2007 | 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BoostHard05

Some of them are talking **** about my car, some about me and others are calling me a liar saying that i cant run a 14.6 @ 100 with just a pulley upgrade.

i appreciate how mature and open minded you guys have been , thank you for that.

Jimmy169: Yes it will be from a dig i just want to know if i really am faster than a stock LS1 or not because i walked on that WS6 pretty good, we didnt even reach 90mph and i had already put about a car on him. if it was a shitty driver i want to see how i do against the car when its driven to its full potential.
I have a hard time trusting people that's all, nothing personal. Do you plan to go back to the track anytime soon?
Old 09-19-2007 | 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy169
I have a hard time trusting people that's all, nothing personal. Do you plan to go back to the track anytime soon?
I do, but i want to wait untill i can go to bandimere, PMI's track prep sucks and i cant hook up for **** there.
Old 09-19-2007 | 08:42 PM
Banned

I do, but i want to wait untill i can go to bandimere, PMI's track prep sucks and i cant hook up for **** there.
You have 4 more test and tunes at Bandimere before it closes for the winter. Better hurry!
Old 09-19-2007 | 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by XakEp
You have 4 more test and tunes at Bandimere before it closes for the winter. Better hurry!
When are the T&T's up there? and i was told it was like $35 to run... i really cant afford that plus gas there and back or i would have been up there a while ago...
Old 09-20-2007 | 12:06 AM
Banned

You should easily pull a bone stock auto from a roll, and most likely an average running 6-speed also. Some LS1 cars are freaks though, they have run 12s and trapped 111 bone stock on certain occasions so if you roll up on one of those "freaks" it may be close.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Because, TECH is filled with educated people, and alot of people, that actually race. Educated in modern vehicles, especially whats out there, in street form now, and how they perform. From stock looking ?????'s making 400-600whp, to evo's, to cobra's, to LSx' cars,....you shouldn't underestimate anything.

Knowing what I know about redline ion's, and what they need to go fast, unless your spraying it now, or found some new found crazy bolt-on(I know whats out there thats available)...I think,...the WS6 should, have won. We've got cars here with buily bottom ends, cams, and ported heads, not making very much power with the blowers at all, unless you spray it. Or, right now we have an ION here, my buddy from work(name mentioned in sig) that we've installed a home made turbo system on. The car saw multiple combinations, from ported blowers, to twin charged, to finally, a single turbo. Car made 280whp on a ported blower, at i THINK 20psi, and now, with the oldsetup small turbo, it made 310whp @ 20psi. Nothing crazy but, @less then 3000lbs,..a stock f-body will have it's hands full. Now we're changing turbo's. Should be sick.

Get your dig race going with your f-body canidate. Seems you have a better chance at out driving him, then out performing him(atleast dude in above mentioned WS6). However, i'd like to see how your chances are from a roll...and what would happen as well.

Anyways...if this happens, make sure we get a video of it, ofcourse taped in mexico.
Old 09-20-2007 | 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

hell im still on my street tires and i have a list like that t/a you "beat" i'll be more then glad to run you. but im in oklahoma. so if you ever in my parts please feel free to let me know.
Old 09-20-2007 | 09:04 AM
Banned

When are the T&T's up there? and i was told it was like $35 to run... i really cant afford that plus gas there and back or i would have been up there a while ago...
How can you afford a modified car and not afford the gas + 35$ entrance to the track? Get up there! T&Ts are on Wednesday evenings, 3:30 to 8:30.
Old 09-20-2007 | 07:05 PM

How can you afford a modified car and not afford the gas + 35$ entrance to the track? Get up there! T&Ts are on Wednesday evenings, 3:30 to 8:30.
LOL... i can afford my daily driven fuel costs but to pay for gas there and back plus entrance fees, ect... thats a grip of cash to drop in one day... I have a new job that pays double what i was making before so maybe ill be able to make it up there within the next couple weeks before they shut it down... are they having a trick or tret drag like PMI?

you also have to remember i am driving a 4 cyl... even modded i still get 20mpg in town... last time i went to denver it took me 1/2 a tank to drive there and back but that includes driving around town too... im sure making a few WOT passes there will leave me needing to refill on the way home too...
When i go to PMI i usualy fill it half way and by the time i get home im at 1/4 tank.
Old 09-20-2007 | 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn dude im more modded than you and according to everyone over here i would get my doors blown off by a stock ls1
Old 09-20-2007 | 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
damn dude im more modded than you and according to everyone over here i would get my doors blown off by a stock ls1
You're also at sea level arent you?
Old 09-20-2007 | 08:26 PM

I found someone to race from LS1.com... lol, he ran a 14.69 @ 96mph at Bandimere speedway... he also dynoed 296WHP and 306WTQ... im guessing those numbers are for sea level...

Seeing that i ran a 14.60 @ 100mph with just the pulley, im guessing it should be a fun race.
Old 09-20-2007 | 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're also at sea level arent you?

yeah but im alot more modded i would say
Old 09-20-2007 | 08:53 PM
Banned

LOL... i can afford my daily driven fuel costs but to pay for gas there and back plus entrance fees, ect... thats a grip of cash to drop in one day... I have a new job that pays double what i was making before so maybe ill be able to make it up there within the next couple weeks before they shut it down... are they having a trick or tret drag like PMI?

you also have to remember i am driving a 4 cyl... even modded i still get 20mpg in town... last time i went to denver it took me 1/2 a tank to drive there and back but that includes driving around town too... im sure making a few WOT passes there will leave me needing to refill on the way home too...
When i go to PMI i usualy fill it half way and by the time i get home im at 1/4 tank.

Dude, 20$ for gas and 35$ for entrance. 55$ is not a whole lot, you can do it.
Old 09-20-2007 | 09:23 PM

Dude, 20$ for gas and 35$ for entrance. 55$ is not a whole lot, you can do it.
LOL... i wish i could but no... i realy cant.