Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

93 z28 vs 350z

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS240sx
Yes in a public forum but not directed towards you you just had to stick your nose into it.
Im gay? I guess you would be the offical judge being you cant get much gayer than driving a Mach 1 (the car you could afford because the cobra cost to much). I bet you go around reving on every car you see. Even if the car is parked with no one in it cause its a MUSTANG!!! MACH 1 Bitches owwww!!! Kinda like all the other douche bags that drive them around here.

Also not everyone knows that that some Lightnings wernt super charged. Hince someone could make that mistake.
Are you for realZ?? YOu follow Eric around like a little puppy dog. You try to prove how much of a man you are (keep'N in the closet), by shovin' an LS into your POS 240 (much like when you were de-virginized by Bubba). Big motor...little car. As for machs being gay...well, you got me on that one...I mean, we all know that they don't hold a candle to your kickass discontinue POS.....how long were they produced??...10 yrs?....compared to the stangs at......44. You got me on the revin' to....I mean, that big ole city you live in (with nothing to do) really competes with where I live..so that's all I do...is rev at the local McDonalds P/L...NOPE...sorry, I left teeny bopper land a long time ago.

And my point on the L'....was you shouldn't talk **** to him loosing, when you dont' know jack **** about them........how do you know the difference to be able to call BS?...you DON't.

To bad you aren't closer....I'd show you just how much a slow POS my mach is.

And just for the record......you're right.....having five cars, and supporting FOUR kids is a bit much....so I had to ditch one of them...seems how the cobra was the most impractical....(and slower than the '04 mach)......we sold it. NOT, that I need to explain myself to you...I just felt the age ole saying of "open mouth, insert foot" was in order.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok a few things I have to add to this #1 I work at a car dealer, I have driven many 350Z's and just 2 days ago was driving a G35 Coupe 6MT all day.

In my lightly modded CAI/full exhaust CTS 3.6 I walked a 350Z from a 60 mph roll to over 120 mph, and that was hardly a mid 13 second car.

In my 99 Cobra when it was stock I have walked more than 4 or 5 350Z's from a roll or from a dig. And it wasn't even close and thats with a maybe mid 13 second N/A Cobra.

Most older 350Z's run high 13's to low 14's....really its a drivers race with a 2V GT. Now the 07 350Z's are faster because of the additional high rpm power of the VQ35HR but they trap about 103-104ish which is basically a drivers race with a SN-197.

From a roll, they just don't have it....M3's and C5's are low to mid 13 second cars but they pull so much harder from a roll than a 350Z.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Are you for realZ?? YOu follow Eric around like a little puppy dog. You try to prove how much of a man you are (keep'N in the closet), by shovin' an LS into your POS 240 (much like when you were de-virginized by Bubba). Big motor...little car. As for machs being gay...well, you got me on that one...I mean, we all know that they don't hold a candle to your kickass discontinue POS.....how long were they produced??...10 yrs?....compared to the stangs at......44. You got me on the revin' to....I mean, that big ole city you live in (with nothing to do) really competes with where I live..so that's all I do...is rev at the local McDonalds P/L...NOPE...sorry, I left teeny bopper land a long time ago.

And my point on the L'....was you shouldn't talk **** to him loosing, when you dont' know jack **** about them........how do you know the difference to be able to call BS?...you DON't.

To bad you aren't closer....I'd show you just how much a slow POS my mach is.

And just for the record......you're right.....having five cars, and supporting FOUR kids is a bit much....so I had to ditch one of them...seems how the cobra was the most impractical....(and slower than the '04 mach)......we sold it. NOT, that I need to explain myself to you...I just felt the age ole saying of "open mouth, insert foot" was in order.

Follow around like a puppy dog not really. 3 threads is not following around. Just stopping in to laugh at some of the things said.
Cobra.. Mach 1... I don't see the difference other than maybe gas milage... Unless your saying you couldn't afford to keep it.

Let me guess from your sig I'm guessing Super Charged Mach 1 in that case your not running to much boost (unless built) maybe 5-7 psi and putting down high 300 to low 400s which in that case still wouldn't make much difference since my little 240 weights in at 2900 lbs with a full tank. The LS1 actually weights less than the 4 banger that came out of it go figure.... And hopefully Sunday once I get my wire tuck done and new harness in I can go tune on Monday. The goal is 420 rwhp which we should be able to achieve. If thats enough Im planning to spray it if it gets beat. Now if your Mach 1 is doing better than that I apologize..... just please dont rev on me

Also how long was the Mach 1 made? I mean the Mustang name is old but not the Mach 1. Didn't they already stop making it? Hell even SVT is no more. The corner stone to Ford performance. Every dog has his day and some die out. I think Mustang hit its peak with the SVT Cobra. The new stangs are turning into gluttons and me too cars.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:32 AM
Banned

Waiting for the and the
Old 09-28-2007, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

If someone gets banned that would be sad. Yes we have had some words thrown around but nothing for someone to get banned. Before it is locked Id like to see what MylittlePony has to say about his car setup.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Teching In

If people would just actually know their facts and not be biased for certain cars or against certain cars, these threads wouldn't happen.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Everyone will always be a little bias towards a certain car. Thats why most the people in this thread own Camaros/Vettes instead of Pintos/Miatas.

I personally love imports because I believe they look better and handle better than your average American vehical.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Follow around like a puppy dog not really. 3 threads is not following around. Just stopping in to laugh at some of the things said.
Cobra.. Mach 1... I don't see the difference other than maybe gas milage... Unless your saying you couldn't afford to keep it.

Let me guess from your sig I'm guessing Super Charged Mach 1 in that case your not running to much boost (unless built) maybe 5-7 psi and putting down high 300 to low 400s which in that case still wouldn't make much difference since my little 240 weights in at 2900 lbs with a full tank. The LS1 actually weights less than the 4 banger that came out of it go figure.... And hopefully Sunday once I get my wire tuck done and new harness in I can go tune on Monday. The goal is 420 rwhp which we should be able to achieve. If thats enough Im planning to spray it if it gets beat. Now if your Mach 1 is doing better than that I apologize..... just please dont rev on me

Also how long was the Mach 1 made? I mean the Mustang name is old but not the Mach 1. Didn't they already stop making it? Hell even SVT is no more. The corner stone to Ford performance. Every dog has his day and some die out. I think Mustang hit its peak with the SVT Cobra. The new stangs are turning into gluttons and me too cars.
WOW..just LOVE showing your ignorance don't you. You have proved your lack of knowledge already in this thread, then you go and post that?....I would have thought you would AT LEAST have done your research first, before posting ****.

First....until you have AT LEAST driven, if not OWNED both terminator and Mach...don't say ****. There is a fair amount of differences when it comes to DD.

Second....yes, my car is blown. Unlike you, I didn't have to go to a different manufacturer to get power. If you knew ANYTHING about mach's, you would have kept your mouth shut about how much I am, or COULD run....I'll give you a hint......YOUR WRONG. QuickZ06 can verify that for me.

Third....earlier you mentioned not being a ricer....yet, every single person that has read your crap, can see otherwise....case in point: DONT' TELL ME WHAT YOUR POS SHOULD BE DOING WHEN YOU FINALLY GET IT DONE. You are so far from me, it doesn't matter what you are running (yes, that is another ricer point).

Fourth....just because you 'should' be putting down X hp with Y weight, doesn't mean SQUAT. I ahve seen plenty of cars run a full second (or more) SLOWER than they should have.....for two reasons....couldn't put the power to the ground...and/or the driver's sucked

Is that enough of a reply for you POSER!....Now

I'm done with your childish Ill-informed comments.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DVan8504
If people would just actually know their facts and not be biased for certain cars or against certain cars, these threads wouldn't happen.
I agree. Some people can't look outside the box though.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Everyone will always be a little bias towards a certain car. Thats why most the people in this thread own Camaros/Vettes instead of Pintos/Miatas.

I personally love imports because I believe they look better and handle better than your average American vehical.
Liking one car over another isn't a bias. Being completely ignorant and unwilling to accept a car you don't like is anything but crappy, that's bias.

A true car enthusiast can appreciate any well made vehicle.

Last edited by DVan8504; 09-28-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DVan8504
If people would just actually know their facts and not be biased for certain cars or against certain cars
^^^I agree.
When it comes to "going fast" i prefer to stay on a bike. They're cheaper and (at least to me) more fun.

I can't stand the looks of the 4th gen camaro, but i respect what they are and the power they have.
I'm not a huge fan of the C5/C6 vettes - I've always liked the looks of a C3 series (even tho in reality they can't hold a candle to the models of the last decade).
Now I Love a 99-04 mustangs. i like the look, i like the ride, and i love the sound of the 4.6 with flows or a borla exhaust <- to me there is probably none better.
A 3rd gen camaro is the only "muscle car" I have ever owned. I've never been a big fan of ford's. But if I could choose one car to have - hands down, it would be a an old 70 429 boss mustang (or maybe a 71 hemi 'cuda).

Originally Posted by ponygt65
As for machs being gay...well, you got me on that one...I mean, we all know that they don't hold a candle to your kickass discontinue POS.....how long were they produced??...10 yrs?....compared to the stangs at......44.
the 240sx was produced in america only from 89-98. but they have been made for decades. As far as this goes i LOVE my discontinued POS! I've had many vehicles in my day and my 240sx is my favorite bar none. Ask Eric or Chris, my "sh*tbox" barely runs with the current JB Welded radiator and I rarely drive it. but I do still drive it! And i wouldn't sell it. I won't get rid of it until it finally craps out completely. And most likely when it finally gives up the ghost, I'll buy another one. Until you've owned one... it's hard to understand why those who have them, love them.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stev0n
the 240sx was produced in america only from 89-98. but they have been made for decades. As far as this goes i LOVE my discontinued POS! I've had many vehicles in my day and my 240sx is my favorite bar none. Ask Eric or Chris, my "sh*tbox" barely runs with the current JB Welded radiator and I rarely drive it. but I do still drive it! And i wouldn't sell it. I won't get rid of it until it finally craps out completely. And most likely when it finally gives up the ghost, I'll buy another one. Until you've owned one... it's hard to understand why those who have them, love them.
I normally respect alot of vehicles. In fact, when I first saw is signature, i was going to pay compliments. It was his F'd up attitude (which you have commented on yourself) that had me making those comments. He is a ricer, because he talks **** out his ***. he is talking crap all the while backing it up with an LS swapped 240 (not even sticking with the Nissan powerplant that was in it), which isn't even running right. Then he talks crap about how it 'should be'; all the while not knowing what is wrong with it.

He displayed himself as a dick, pure and simple.

On that note......I couldn't tell you how many times I have been considered crazy for keeping a Mach and selling the cobra. And people think I am FOS when I tell them my dream car was my 65 K-code coupe...(along with my blown mach).
Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Yes in a public forum but not directed towards you you just had to stick your nose into it.
Im gay? I guess you would be the offical judge being you cant get much gayer than driving a Mach 1 (the car you could afford because the cobra cost to much). I bet you go around reving on every car you see. Even if the car is parked with no one in it cause its a MUSTANG!!! MACH 1 Bitches owwww!!! Kinda like all the other douche bags that drive them around here.

Also not everyone knows that that some Lightnings wernt super charged. Hince someone could make that mistake.
About the race... Why not go to Natcher? Scared? I mean Todd did just run 14s that means the LT1 would kill the little 4 cylinder.... O wait nooo just more **** talk but scared of a race against a 14 sec car (well atleast thats what Eric said).
PLUS whats the hell is the deal with a 10 mph roll? That benefits only the more torquey car now if you go from a higher roll you see who has the most power not just who gets traction. Its a big debate but if you want a race and want to see who is faster you go from a 30 or so roll and settle it there.

I hate digs even though my SR pulled ok 60s and the new setup will pull hard from a dig I still hate dig races cause they just show who has traction aka more money for tires and suspension(for high HP vehicles). Eric likes digs cause his car barely spins cause it doesn't make that much power.
Once again putting words in my mouth, never said todds car runs 14s. But we were going to race 1/4 mile. Ya know a real race. A roll race isnt a real race, for example you cant roll race professionally. We agreed to a stop, after i was in my car waiting for him he shut off his engine and didnt race. If im called out, by a guy who calling my car and i quote (a slow piece of ****) and i accept than he should race me in any race since he's so much faster than me. I didnt back out. Ive made a decision, since you and todd have made you decision that my car is a slow piece of ****, than dont ask me to race anymore, i have nothing to prove. At this point only you 2 do. I didnt care to race either one of you win or loss, thats how i am. But what happens if i race todd again and by chance i win again. It will be the exact same thing. If i tell anyone i have to listen to excuses, if he win i get to hear how big a piece of **** my car is. Same with you. So f ck it, dont want nothin to do with either of you. Dont ask to race i wont. If you want to say how slow my car is my only response will be a typical ricer response. Ive beat you both before, ive got nothing to prove.

Last edited by erickeown; 09-28-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

I like pie.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 09-29-2007, 05:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZFan88
I've never seen one out of the mid 14s yet....surprise
Do a search. My friend has a bone stock '07 350Z and he ran a 13.4 at 103 on a humid night at Carolina Dragway. Back when he had the '04 350Z he ran a 13.6 at 102 stock in that one. He's a really good driver though. His screen name is "VeeTec" on the my350z.com and ls1gto.com forums. Check the times on my350z.com and you'll see his name on top of the lists.

A well driven 350Z is definitely a legitimate 13 second car. The 287 hp versions are capable of high to mid 13's. The 306 hp version Z is capable of mid to low 13's stock. When you consider they're more handling machines that's not bad.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

Well, i retract visshusfemmes 13.7.... She went 13.4@102 last night at steele,al. gotta love cooler weather.

I know veetec, he's come to steele alot. Also i'm 04treefiddy on my350z.com look in the drag section and find the sticky. my name is on the s/c list, bolt on list and stock list.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
We have a standing rule here. You have to be out of the 13's before
you can talk ****.

Tell me again why is everyone getting butt hurt??
Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Do a search. My friend has a bone stock '07 350Z and he ran a 13.4 at 103 on a humid night at Carolina Dragway. Back when he had the '04 350Z he ran a 13.6 at 102 stock in that one. He's a really good driver though. His screen name is "VeeTec" on the my350z.com and ls1gto.com forums. Check the times on my350z.com and you'll see his name on top of the lists.

A well driven 350Z is definitely a legitimate 13 second car. The 287 hp versions are capable of high to mid 13's. The 306 hp version Z is capable of mid to low 13's stock. When you consider they're more handling machines that's not bad.
I'm not going to do a search on the internet for possible times they could run. I'll go to my track where I haven't seen one in the 13s at all. Go internet race some more
Old 09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad30th
I like pie.

Rob (Bad30th)
I disagree. You, in fact, do not like pie.

And, I am more than willing to argue with you over the internet about it.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Fair enough. But can I also use that last excuse to explain away my shitty mid 12s @ 113xx performance?? Since I have a 60'/e.t. KILLING road race/autocross suspension on the Z28. And before you ask, YES, it WILL butcher a stock 350Z around all but the tightest autocross courses, as well as take even modded 350Zs around road courses.
Just asking, since it is so hard to keep up with all of the import biased "rules" on here. I wanted to check with everybody to make sure it's OK to use the same "reasoning" for domestics as for the imports.<--