Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on lt1 a4 vs. bolt on lt1 m6

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007 | 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Bolt on lt1 a4 vs. bolt on lt1 m6

I race my brother the other night for the first time. We have been trying to do this for months but my car has been down and before that his clutch was toast.

His car is a 1993 z28, m6, cai, trick flow elbow, magnaflow catback, umi panhard, lca's, and relocation brackets. His car is a hardtop, no power windows, ect. So I'm sure its a good deal lighter than my car.

My car is a 1995 z28, a4, cai, trick flow elbow, umi panhard, lca's,, pacesetter lt's, ory, hooker catback, 3.73 gear. I did not have my relocation brackets on yet or my drag radials. My car is t top, all power options.

From a dig I got him by a 2 cars or so. I spun worse than him but he spun some also. I never did pull away from him hard. I pretty much got the launch on him despite spinning worse and kept the lead from there.

We were cruising and noone was around. Going around 55mph I honk again. My tranny downshifts to 2nd for half a second and I get 1/2 a car on him and keep it. Shut down around 100 as I was running out of 3rd lol.

I was hoping to pull him harder but I guess the m6's are faster in almost stock form. I think if he had headers and ORY he may be able to beat me. Not 100% sure but it would be a drivers race I'm sure.

I have some shitty yokohama as430's on my car. He has new Sumitomo htr+'s. I eased into the throttle off the line and still spun threw first and chirped hard into second. With my DR's this wouldn't have been a race lol.

My car ran 8.8's before I had it. I added the headers, ory, and all the suspension stuff. So I am hoping for 8.6's or so. Brothers best run was 9.4 but he wasn't getting good launches on street tires at the track and his car was running hot because his primary fan wasn't kicking on.

Heres the cars. Mine is the maroon one and his is the red one

I am hoping to find a set of 10 spoke SS wheels soon to wrap in some decent 275/40/17's. I get a killer discount on BFG's so I will probably get a set of KDWS or possibly the new BFG super sport A/S that is about to come out. Hopefully I can sorta hook on the street then.
Old 09-26-2007 | 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

I believe the M6 is going to be faster than the A4 in stock form, but your mods are obviously what have put you ahead of him... If you wanna make it even worse, get a stall and a computer tune, and he'll be much further back... both from a roll and a dig
Old 09-26-2007 | 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a crappy pcm4less tune now.

I installed the LCA relocation brackets today and went for a spin with my DR's on. I barely spin on the street so I can't wait to try the track friday. I expect to hook well.

However, I can tell a stall would help me tremendously. That is my next major mod. Its gonna take me awhile to save up the cash for a good stall but it should be worth it.