Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BUSTED: State Troopers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Default BUSTED: State Troopers

Well my night started off with me coming out of a conveniant store getting in my z28 (01-a4-lid and cutout only) when a GTO throws me a rev..so i hop in and chase him down and we both pull into a parking lot, he pops the hood, all hes got is 200 shot and exhaust, its a 5.7 m6...so i ask if he wants to run'em off the spray and he agrees. We go from a dig, side by side the first 30feet or so and once i hook i just steadily pulled away and shut down around 100 ...

So i hear theres some cars gathering up at a shopping center and i go check it out, theres some guy there with like a 97 ish gt mustang that supposedly had H/C, forged rods and pistons, a tune blah blah 400 hp blah...me and my buddy whos in his 01 m6 z28 setup a race with him and we roll out to a service road...i get behind my friend since its only 2 lanes and we go from a 30 roll..well we hit it, and this "400" hp mustang is in my rearview mirror before i hit 50..
Me and my buddy shut down around 115 and and the next thing i know, i look up and see red and blues ...im thinking o ****, im going to jail...and i see its a state trooper so then im really like, im goin to jail for sure now...he stops in front of everyone and gets all 3 of us, and two more troopers pull up...they get us out of our cars and seperate us to get the story i guess, i told the cop i was gonna be totally honest, i told him we were racing and being stupid...heres the funny part, i hear the other officer askin the dude in the mustang what hes got done to it, the guy replies, just a little bit, and the cop says well u gotta have more than a litte bit if your out here racing a couple camaros, i watch pinks just like everyone else i know whatsup, i almost died laughing...long story short, i guess they were in a good mood that night and just wrote us all speeding tickets for 88 in a 55...i dont know if he clocked us when we were shutting down or if he just clocked the mustang, lol...

Last edited by nor-texLS1; 10-08-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2007 | 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

well don't worry it happens to the best of us. but DON'T **** with a good thing, he let you off easy and if you do contest it, the whole thing boils down to his word against yours. all he has to say is that he clocked you all at the same speed and pretty much any judge i can think of would buy a cops story over a couple of street racers trying to skip out on thier ticket.

just do it like the rest of us, bend over, lube up and let that sharp pain in your *** serve as a reminder to you next time
Old 09-29-2007 | 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

good kills and great story always good with a happy ending. Although those blue lights always drop my heart i cant imagine you winning, being all excited, and gettin such a scare haha.
Old 09-29-2007 | 06:36 PM
On The Tree

yeh i guess your right...it coulda been alot worse...o well, sometimes u gotta pay to play
Old 09-29-2007 | 06:46 PM
On The Tree

yeh dude, my heart felt like it dropped outta my ***..haha
Old 09-29-2007 | 07:29 PM
Teching In

"I hear the other officer askin the dude in the mustang what hes got done to it, the guy replies, just a little bit, and the cop says well u gotta have more than a litte bit if your out here racing a couple camaros, i watch pinks just like everyone else i know whatsup".

Pay the ticket and be happy.
Good kill on the BS'r
Old 09-29-2007 | 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Pretty much pay the ticket and consider yourself lucky. You could've gotten arrested, car impounded and lord knows they wouldn't have treated your car as nice as you do. As far as the radar goes the trooper could've added pretty much whatever he wanted to you and your buddies tickets. You admitted you were racing, and you won. Considering the facts that the Mustang got hit at 88 mph, its plausible to say you were going in excess of 100 mph. Believe me, the ticket would've stuck.
Old 09-29-2007 | 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

lucky! my friend jus got convicted of street racing, 24 days work project. 1000$ + fine, and suspended license and 3 years probation... sucks
Old 09-29-2007 | 08:30 PM
On The Tree

wow...that makes me want to do all my racing at a track now...but the nearest one to us is an hour and a half away and cost around 20 bucks...its just so much easier to do it on the street, until u get caught i guess...i think street racing in texas if convicted will cost you around 2 thousand dollars and is a class b misdameanor(sp?) so maybe it is worth going to the track...i know its stupid but we all do it...we never do it when traffic is around, i know thats not an excuse but atleast were not like some of these fools u see doin 100mph plus, weaving in and out of traffic
Old 09-29-2007 | 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

ya man i know how you feel, it is very easy to do... and it can be very difficult not to do something when its so fun. I'm sure you don't want to go through that bullshit again, but think about how carefree you can be at the track! you can drive the **** out of your car all night and not care.
Old 09-29-2007 | 10:46 PM
Launching!

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything said previous.

235 is NOTHING. You could have been out of a license and a car for that on a bad night.

Pay and give thanks man, those were some seriously cool Troopers for that.

Stay Safe.
Old 09-29-2007 | 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Yea man easy let off, paying $235 sucks but that's nothing compared to what you could have been hit with. Hell I got a basic speed law violation (under 65mph) last month and it's freakin $399.
Old 09-29-2007 | 11:21 PM
On The Tree

yeh, im gonna just count my blessings and pay the ticket...its also gonna make me think twice bout lining up with someone on the street....i mean when we got caught i was in a different city and a county over, i never go there to race cuz the cops used to be real bad, apparently they still are....in my town though theres only 4-5 cops on duty at night and we pretty much know all of them so we know where and when to race....still gonna make me think twice though, thats for sure
Old 09-30-2007 | 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Is it payable or do you have to go to court for it. 88 in a 55 isnt good at least in Ky and prolly every where else! The judge could still take ur license away and 26 over is a Felony if they want to lay that on you!
Old 09-30-2007 | 03:13 PM
On The Tree

the officer told me that anything 25 or over cant get deffered and i cant take defensive driving...as far as i know i can just pay it...im gonna call the judge this week and find out for sure.
Old 09-30-2007 | 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

Like you said yourself, you gotta pay to play! good kills
Old 09-30-2007 | 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats an awesome (and funny) story. Good kill, lol. But just as everyone else has said, pay the ticket and be thankful. Your lucky as hell thats all you got was the speeding ticket. Coulda been 10x worse, suspended license, fines, and all that other bullshit
Old 09-30-2007 | 11:39 PM
Launching!

Scary story, good to hear you made out well though. So are you ever going to street race again?
Old 10-01-2007 | 03:35 AM
On The Tree

Ill think twice before i do next time..it would most likely be a lie if i said wouldnt do it again, but it will be a while... i got called out by 2 different guys today, one is runnin a 03 GT mustang with intake, TB, exhaust and few other mods and a guy in a skittle, dont know his mods though...im prolly gonna see if they wanna go to the track this weekend instead...lol
Old 10-01-2007 | 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you were going 100 or more...and got a ticket for 88, you should thank the trooper and gladly pay the fine...i was caught racing on the interstate doing over 100 in a 60...cop said he was going to be easy on me...he told me he was only going to write the ticket for 10 over...still $161...it was paid the next day with a smile on my face... if you try to fight it, the trooper could become more strict and not give any slack again...it would suck getting caught twice by the same trooper