Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

one of the wierdest races ever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default one of the wierdest races ever...

i'm sitting at the stoplight of a four way intersection, right lane, waiting to turn left. this guy and his friend in a 2002 hemi ram with HUGE mud meats, i'm talking 37s plus, pulls up in the left. this truck was up in the air so high i had to look out of the glass part of the t-top to see the passenger (he was kinda close too).
anyway, he shoots a rev and just like EVERY OTHER SINGLE ******* HEMI TRUCK down around here, he's got those annoying side exit dual catbacks (lousy description but you know what i mean)...nevertheless, it sounds stock. i shoot one back which also sounds stock, big surprise, it IS stock lol (i don't consider lid, ftra, gran MAF to be real "mods" per se).
the light turns green, i hear him go wide open and start to roll off pretty slow (not surprising, giant tires + stock motor) and i take off pretty slow, no powerbraking or anything. halfway thru the intersection, i'm giving it enough to stay by his side but don't want to break the rear loose and 360 thru the intersection, he starts to drift over into my lane.
fearing iminent death, i go wide open too. rear swings out and tires squeal but i survive. i stay on it up to about 130...which was completely pointless because even tho he hadn't let off the throttle the whole time (i could hear it) i coudnt even see his headlights anymore, he must have been almost a quarter mile behind me (gently curving road).
so about 10-12 second later i'm cruising down to the speed limit and this truck comes flying past me, he must have been doing more than 100...i just continue to roll down to 55 and as he's speeding over the bridge he hits his flashers
ahhh the power of rednecks...it never ceases to amaze me how dumb, stupid, retarded, and totally asinine some people can be
Old 10-11-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, I wish that would happen to me around here.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So your sig is a joke right?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

I also like an occasional porch for breakfast.

Jim
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Sorry you got killed. Maybe you need to mod more.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Hahahaha! That is TOOOO funny!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS101
i'm sitting at the stoplight of a four way intersection, right lane, waiting to turn left.
Sorry, but I'm still confused about this part.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

two lane road that leads into the intersection, i was in the right lane of that road waiting to turn to the left side of the 4-way intersection.

did i get killed...i would have to say no. i let off because i was so far ahead that i couldnt even see him anymore, he blew by me when i was coasting back down and hit his flashers as if we were actually still racing at that point even tho it had taken him 10-12 seconds to even catch up to me AFTER i got off of it...i'm no racing expert but i'm pretty sure that that doesnt really count as me getting killed as much as him being an idiot.

in response: the 60K in my mods list is a loan which i havent secured yet...i won't be elligible for it for another two years (military thing). currently, this particular f-body of mine is stock except for what you see in the story. you should see the list of parts tho lol, it's actually closer to 63K now ... i can see how it's misleading, i didn't intend it to be that way, lord knows i dont want to be one of those guys who talks all of this **** about his car being sick when it's actually stock.