Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got beat. By an RX7.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default I got beat. By an RX7.

...before you get all teary eye'd...the above title, isn't really true. But, in the mind of this ******,...I guess it is/was. *stupid story. Read if you must.

Friday night, didn't feel like doing much, other then going to hang out with the boys, and go to the car show. I did, invite my girlfreind, who was more then willing to ride along. Soo,.. we go to the show,..see some friends,..talk a little ****,...bs about clutch swaps in Y-bodies....saw a local, Doug Levin, who is known for building vipers,...came out with his custom TT MURCEILAGO lambo. Col car,..supposed to be something along the lines of 800-900 hp. I dunno but, it was a sick car, and doug builds some ****.

...We leave. Now, thins is a BAD area to drive fast, make noise,..fart too loud, whatever. You don't want to race anyone anywhere around this show. Besides that,...in all honesty, it's unsafe(traffic/people/etc). Soo,...I am coming up to a traffic filled light, probably about 15 cars from the front, to give you an idea. And i roll up on a very nice looking, RX7, white n color, with white wheels, and a body kit, spoiler to match. Dudes had windows down. I pull up to them,...my car has it's on personality, with the choppy idle, choppy blower whine(due to the idle)....and ofcourse, the loud pipes(they save lifes).

They notice,..and give me a TOPGUN nod. Ya know, the kind BOBBA Fett did to princess leia, when she was disquised as a bounty hunter in Jabba's palace?... Yeah, same nod. I give a reverse one,..like whats up.

Whatever,..traffic goes on...we stay paried together through traffic for a bit....stop and go ****. It was thick. So...finally, there is a light ahead, and we managed, to widdle ourselves, towards the front of all this traffic,...he was doing it aggressivly,..I was staying the speed limit,...and useing easy oppertunities to make my lane changes. In short, he looked like he was trying to get away,...I was just minding my own buisness,...and doing everything right, and I stil caughtup.

We get to a light, he's the first car in line, i'm two back. Light turns, he takes off normal,..I again, get around slow moving cars...and actually pull behind him,..at about 40mph,...and I am already in 3rd gear....just cruising.

All of a sudden,...rx7 takes off. I wasn't impressed with how well it left...at all(just so you know, it had a STOCK appearing exhaust)(rare, I know). I just let him go. Didn't chase, didn't rev up....didn't do anything to try and follow. Again, this is a BAD area to race. 50 yards in front of me,...he gives me the hazards.

WTF? My girlfirend even said.."WTF,....does he think you were racing him?"

"i dunno..hang on"

We get to the light that I have to make a right hand turn on, he's in the far left, going straight. His windows, where now UP. I pulled in the turning lane...and stuck my head halfway out the window...put my hand up...and he rolled down the window.... I said to him...

'what the **** you doing dawg?....whats up with the hazards?"

he says..."...I thought you were on it"

me. "dude,...make a right hand turn right here...and i'll show up whats up"

...."nah,...nice car man" he says.

I said whatever....made the corner....and layed down to spiteful black marks half way down the road,...hopefully, defeing him and his passenger. Possibly giving them an idea that THEY,..and they're probably stock 245hp 7,..didn't want any of this particular C5.

Anyways..I don't know how he felt after my comments buts,..in his honest mind,...he really thought we were racing,...and he was winning. Bunch of *******.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

If thats the case, I get killed alot too. Half the time I dont even go half throttle to have fun but I only get on it when the other car is actually worthy. Hell, Nitto's aint cheap! Good death J.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love to destroy pissants like that, and your vett makes me happy
Old 10-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned

He is going to his local rx-7 rotary board and is going to just verbally rape you in their kill section. So now EVERY member that sees your car will be like "Yoz U GOTZ YO AZZ PUNked by teh 3 ROTOR YOz!"

Feel better?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
If thats the case, I get killed alot too. Half the time I dont even go half throttle to have fun but I only get on it when the other car is actually worthy. Hell, Nitto's aint cheap! Good death J.

lol. I dunno what he was thinking. Also,...I wonder why he put the windows up after he gave me the hazzards. lol. lil beotch.

After I did the lil ROMP when I made the turn...my girl's like,.."your soo competitive...." I just smiled and said.... "yah"..(duh)

...and yes..it was a funny death.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by houtex
He is going to his local rx-7 rotary board and is going to just verbally rape you in their kill section. So now EVERY member that sees your car will be like "Yoz U GOTZ YO AZZ PUNked by teh 3 ROTOR YOz!"

Feel better?
lmao. For some reason, maybe it's the nyquil I have pumping through my veins right now but,....that was funny.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with an FD rx-7. Clean car, very light, great handling, great potential for power. Obviously this guy didn't know much about cars in general, though.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
he says..."...I thought you were on it"

I think it would be very obvious if you got on it. VERY obvious.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel ya on this...

My car is pretty loud and I have 3.90 gears, which means a casual start from
every light puts me at a mimimum of 3,500 - 4,000rpm and it's pretty loud.
All the morons in the world, specifically in slow *** trucks and ricers, tend to
think I'm trying to run them. It gets annoying. I usually just let them go.
Sometimes I give them a little show to let them know the real deal though.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

same thing always happens to me. The other day on the way to work some guy in a taurus wagon was beside me so i take off regularly and suddenly i hear him pushing his car and see him slowly passing me and all this smoke was coming out of it. I wasn't going to waste my gas on him but then at the next light he tried to do the same thing so i whipped him real quick and then just slowed down and he just had this amazed look on his face.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
Nothing wrong with an FD rx-7. Clean car, very light, great handling, great potential for power. Obviously this guy didn't know much about cars in general, though.

I have a 1994 RX7 R2 in my garage...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr

I think it would be very obvious if you got on it. VERY obvious.
I know right... I don't get it. People say it sounds like a jet when I'm coming up behind them... dude had no idea.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
I feel ya on this...

All the morons in the world, specifically in slow *** trucks and ricers, tend to
think I'm trying to run them. It gets annoying. I usually just let them go.
Sometimes I give them a little show to let them know the real deal though.

Yes, exactly. Same senerio with this dude. And the hazzard thing, only pissed me off.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by unit213
Im not near as fast as either of yall but with trueduals and 3.70 gears i know exactilly what your talking about (although it gets me beat up by faster cars aswell haha)
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 AM
TECH Addict

damn v-series got SMOKED!!! hahaha,****** ricers.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I have a 1994 RX7 R2 in my garage...
You have both of my dream cars. I hate you.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
You have both of my dream cars. I hate you.

the vette, has always been my dream car man. I finally got one a short time ago. Thery're attainable. The RX7, I have had in the family since new... it's got a built petit street port motor. But,...I don't hardly ever drive it. It stays on the garage. The motor is new,..maybe 2000k miles on it. Afraid to break it. It has stock turbo's on it for now...one day,..i'll mess with it,..or remove it, and drop in an LS something
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Lol I thought you were being serious with this post. I was about to say.. there are only a few RX7s in that area that could hang / beat your car. One is rotary powered the other is powered by a turbo 306 ford

This thing has been seen plenty of times at county line and it deff looks like a 9 sec car

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...bc01611cc2.htm

The other fast RX7 in the area is rickys with the turbo 306 + 175 shot.

Dont know if you know of either of those cars.

Hows Marco doin btw? Is he even out racing anymore?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
Im not near as fast as either of yall but with trueduals and 3.70 gears i know exactilly what your talking about (although it gets me beat up by faster cars aswell haha)
Very true.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

other than the hazzards, this guy didn't seem too bad. Ignorant yes, but he seemed willing to talk and to admit he thought you were racing.

Not everyone knows your car sounds like a jet until you prove it ;-).