Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Jaguar wanting to play.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jaguar wanting to play.

Well I decided to give my mistress a ride in the camaro today, cause she has been pleading, and begging my wife and I for a ride. I left my place and got on 20 going towards Anacortes, when this jag comes up on my *** in a hurry, I think it was a Jaguar XK8 Black with the top down, Not curtain but that's what it looked like. Anyways, he proceeded to ride my *** bad, I was starting to get annoyed, so I slowed way down, around 40 in a 55. He decided he wanted to try and pass, and he floored it, Well he got to about were my rear tire was, and I then preceded to floor it. Lol. I instantly started to pull on him, so he decided to fall back in behind me. Lmao you should have seen the look on his face, He started to rub his ear, I guess my loud *** exhaust gave his ears a good ringing. After that he fell back a few car links and stayed there.

That was my excitement this weekend. Now I am on a 13 hour watch...

Just joking about the mistress part, she is a good friend of ours.

Edit: it was a XK Series car. I thought it looked like it said XR.

Lane

Last edited by crazylane; 11-03-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun. Nice kill.

My boss has a Jaguar XJ8, a few years old. It has to be the biggest piece of junk I've ever come across, not taking the price tag into consideration. Taking the price into consideration, worst deal in the history of the world.

He keeps talking about trading it in or selling it when he gets his new car, but in all honesty I tell him he should really just junk it.

The rack and pinion just went on him a few weeks ago and cost over $2000 to get fixed. The inside driver door latch was broken, so he had to roll down the window and open his door with the outside latch every time he wanted to get out of the car. Imagine seeing a rich looking guy pulling up in a Jaguar and rolling his window down to get out of the car. It was classic. I ragged on him about it until he finally got it fixed. His stability control light and ABS light are both on constantly because they don't work, and to top it off, his tranny broke a few weeks ago, so it's been sitting in the parking lot at work since then taking up two spaces. He talks about getting it towed to the dealership to fix it, but I really can't justify spending that much on such a piece.

Just thought you guys might appreciate this little story.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job man. Not to hijack, but does your stall eliminate the "dead spots" from a roll?