Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700rwhp supra vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007 | 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

dang this is still going on..lol. well anyway people are really just beginning to push the limit of these ls based cars, for instance a few years back the fastest ls was only running 8's and now there are ls cars running faster then that on drag radials...honestly both platforms can make big power and i think eventually the ls cars will make even more power..just look at all the ls cars making 800 hp on low boost and pump gas, as amazing as the supra is you really dont see that from them
https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet-performance-lsx-challenge-series-shootout/804465-some-videos-dr-semi-finals-lsx-shootout.html

Last edited by quiet_storm98; 11-15-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-15-2007 | 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tuownsu
Do you still have your Honda motorcycle? How pathetic and ironic. What a douche
Sure don't. Want to know my reasoning for choosing the Honda motorcycle? It was my first bike and I wanted something slow and forgiving.

Funny that you avoid my questions, especially about what you drive.
Old 11-15-2007 | 09:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah but I'm sure if you got another sportbike, it was Japanese
Old 11-15-2007 | 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah but I'm sure if you got another sportbike, it was Japanese
Believe it or not, I can give credit where credit is due. The japanese do make good sportbikes, thats for sure. I wont take anything away from that. With that said, their cars suck.
Old 11-15-2007 | 10:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Believe it or not, I can give credit where credit is due. The japanese do make good sportbikes, thats for sure. I wont take anything away from that. With that said, their cars suck.
And why do they suck exactly?
Old 11-15-2007 | 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FEARSM
And why do they suck exactly?
They sound like weedeaters.
Old 11-15-2007 | 11:16 PM

^LOL, not really a way to argue with that. All the power in the world doesn't make them sound any better.
Old 11-15-2007 | 11:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
They sound like weedeaters.
LOL..not sure which ones you have heard but I have never owned one that did. All depends on the exhaust. Hell, most Vipers sounds like ***. Its the firing order of the cylinders. If SOUND was the only thing a car was based on then everything sucks compared to the mustang. Not many cars sounds as sweet.
Old 11-16-2007 | 01:55 AM
***Repost Police***

LOL..not sure which ones you have heard but I have never owned one that did. All depends on the exhaust. Hell, most Vipers sounds like ***. Its the firing order of the cylinders. If SOUND was the only thing a car was based on then everything sucks compared to the mustang. Not many cars sounds as sweet.
Amen... one kid at Starbuck's told me he had heard my car before and "it sounded wicked."
Old 11-16-2007 | 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

that guy 13B18 was pissing me off.. sounds like some queer *** 16 year old who thinks hes tough **** on the internet
Old 11-16-2007 | 07:55 AM

LOL, it's absolutely true that the Viper sounds like crap...but I've never heard a Japanese car that sounded better (Maybe something with a V8, but I haven't heard any so I don't know). Either way, it's all opinion anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Old 11-16-2007 | 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Vipers sound like crap stock but with LT's and a nice catback they actually sound pretty good. As much as I like a muscle car sound, I actually prefer a nice semi exotic sounding scream at high rpm. I have been very fortunate to mix different LT's and X's and catback to get that sound I always look for. But IMO my Cobra sounded better at idle.

Interesting enough I think 3000 GT's with the right exhaust are about the best sounding Japanese cars. Then of course NSX's sound pretty damn exotic but just don't like the car itself.
Old 11-16-2007 | 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Question

Originally Posted by tuownsu
I will address this post later. Get your flame suit on, its about to bloooooow up! Not enough time.
Just out of curiousity, are you near New Jersey? If so, would you be interested in running your Supra on whatever gas you'd like against my pump-gas Viper?
I also may have the car in Bradenton for the Viper-vs-The-World meet.
S.
Old 11-16-2007 | 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Vipers sound like crap stock but with LT's and a nice catback they actually sound pretty good. As much as I like a muscle car sound, I actually prefer a nice semi exotic sounding scream at high rpm. I have been very fortunate to mix different LT's and X's and catback to get that sound I always look for. But IMO my Cobra sounded better at idle.
Yes. They do. My '98 with the 708-cam, B&B headers and Corsa catback with no-cats sounds wicked at idle and full-chat.
This is a car with LT's, no cats and a Borla...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PpXCsu5nJnM

S.
Old 11-16-2007 | 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

snorman you have quite the line up
Old 11-16-2007 | 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snorman
Just out of curiousity, are you near New Jersey? If so, would you be interested in running your Supra on whatever gas you'd like against my pump-gas Viper?
I also may have the car in Bradenton for the Viper-vs-The-World meet.
S.
Snorman; there's a real good chance that this is our favorite resident, multi-banned, **** starting/talking, import trollboy "Chrissy" (25/45psi,vtak,pssonu,modmotor, etc., ad nauseum). If so he is in Houston and pimps a Tundra and supposedly an "800 rwhp deuce" (MR2) and an 650 rwhp (but who knows, he is all over the place with this) built 350Z.
Old 11-16-2007 | 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We aren't talking about Vipers. We are talking about imports. You asked me and I told you. They sound like weedeaters. Would you like me to go into more detail or do you understand?
Old 11-16-2007 | 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

lol, damn blackmagic c5...tell us how you really feel

no disputing the weedeater thing tho...every time i whoop on a 15+ second civic w/ a fart can (you'd be surprised how often that happens, apparently they don't get it the first time) i tell him to edge my driveway
Old 11-16-2007 | 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman
Yes. They do. My '98 with the 708-cam, B&B headers and Corsa catback with no-cats sounds wicked at idle and full-chat.
This is a car with LT's, no cats and a Borla...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PpXCsu5nJnM

S.
That definitely sounded awesome at idle. Nothing amzing when he got on it, but it was definitely not bad sounding.
Old 11-16-2007 | 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Snorman; there's a real good chance that this is our favorite resident, multi-banned, **** starting/talking, import trollboy "Chrissy" (25/45psi,vtak,pssonu,modmotor, etc., ad nauseum). If so he is in Houston and pimps a Tundra and supposedly an "800 rwhp deuce" (MR2) and an 650 rwhp (but who knows, he is all over the place with this) built 350Z.
None of them will be enough.
S.

Quick Reply: 700rwhp supra vs LT1