Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 cammed Z28 vs GT500 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You forgot to mention it was running nitrous? Yeah... that's definitely NOT N/A.
my bad.. lol
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
you just said a 281ci motor making 500hp from is the factory isnt bad, but its supercharged. 07 z06 makes 505hp from a 427?ci motor, naturally aspirated. whats your point?
And they're both good cars. We're talking 500hp cars FROM THE FACTORY that sticker well below $100k. We're living "the good ole days" right now.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tim00ls1
Since you guys want to talk about modded cars lets talk about what a camaro does with a blower. Bolt on a procharger boost 8psi and you get 630hp to the wheels. Add some nos and your in the 9's. Probly will need a new rear end but it will do it.
You are on another planet, please join us in the real world. Im sorry, wont happen 630rwhp @8psi ?!?! just a procharger? no fuel upgrades? even it it was the F1 (know idea why you would need that with stock cubes, stock engine?) The car would not last, sorry no way, no how. "Just add NOS" and poof your in the 9s ok Vin Desiel. its hardly believeable to have 630rwhp on the stock 346, now lets add some nawwwws. Yes the LS1 can handle boost, but it wasnt meant for it. Its not going to last long w/o modifying the engine. forged bottom end, lower compression ratio, etc. Good luck with these Procharger + NOS only LS1 in the 9s. I think im going to go into the 9 second club just to make a fool out of myself and ask who is running the a stock LS1 with a procharger @8psi + NOS. Im sure there will be a few pages of that thread, b/c its so easy to get into the 9s .

Originally Posted by gcs01ss
must use supercharger ,turbo against naturally aspirated gm..........MUSTANG when Ford builds something that wil run the number without having to resort to forced induction then ill give them credit
Great, cry about it. The point is they keep up with GM, why does it matter how they do it? GM uses bigger cube pushrod engines and ford smaller uses modular engines. Its not Fords fault they built the car for forced induction. For example a Mach1 can run with an LS1 (no, probably not beat it...but it will be close) OOH NOES LS1 has 1.1 more liters, "when GM makes a 4.6L without having to resort to an extra 1.1Liters, ill give them credit" Your retarded sorry.

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
, it would be a good idea,,

cant remember EVER losing to a na mustang. EVER..

if you got one please do tell, until then SHOW me a N/a stock stang that will beat my camaro
You never lose cause your a perfect driver and your car is perfect and your car is the best stock, because LS1s are the best N/A. Fords are slow. kk thx

ill just repeat myself. For example a Mach1 can run with an LS1 (no, probably not beat it...but it will be close) OOH NOES LS1 has 1.1 more liters, "when GM makes a 4.6L without having to resort to an extra 1.1Liters, ill give them credit"

(edit: happy now blackhawk 02?)

LIST OF IDIOTS NOT WORTH RESPONDING TO:
1. Tim00ls1
2. gcs01ss
3. camarojunky74
..please continue as necessary

Last edited by Steve C.; 11-14-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Launching!

They are. I wont argue with that. I once thought of getting an 03/04 Cobra (the only good year of Mustang, in my opinion besides the 67 shelby gt500). And I've driven a newer mustang gt. im happier with my ls1 car. But, what I was saying, is you are talking about 500hp that nots N/A. I was talking about N/A.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Steve C.
I wont even get going on you...

1. Tim00ls1
2. gcs01ss
3. camarojunky74
you say you wont get going on camarojunky74, but yet you reply with a quote of his and then put his name on this stupid list you came up with of people not to talk to. wow. so are you "getting going" on him, or are you not? i'm so confused. lol
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
you say you wont get going on camarojunky74, but yet you reply with a quote of his and then put his name on this stupid list you came up with of people not to talk to. wow. so are you "getting going" on him, or are you not? i'm so confused. lol
just making a point that he has limited knowledge on what he speaks of. The people on that list have nothing good to add to this thread, just stirring ****.

ill go back and edite my post and say something so you dont pass out thinking to hard about this. Thanks, my post was confusing ill fix it.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Launching!

just making a point that he has limited knowledge on what he speaks of. The people on that list have nothing good to add to this thread, just stirring ****.

ill go back and edite my post and say something so you dont pass out thinking to hard about this. Thanks, my post was confusing ill fix it.
excellent comeback. i can now sleep peacefully tonight!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dsmdoctor
i want to see an 02 t/a make 630rwhp with nothing but a procharger. i need proof of that.
count me in on seeing that. i call b/s until proven otherwise. i believe he beat the driver of the gt500 i wouldnt go out on the net saying all of them are slow and suck because his 37x hp camaro beat one thats just ignorance.

who gives a rats *** that ford put a s/c on the 03/04 cobra, just cause your precious camaro didnt come with one dont hate, the new vettes coming with one. and before you start talking trash about most of the mustangs on this site realize that most of them drove modded ls1s before switching and know what they are talking about. and just for the o/p stupidity a procharger only ls1 will not make 630 rwhp period not gonna happen. sorry. it may look stock but it probably had a good h/c setup and all the bolt ons to go with it.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

The stock GT500 is not all that fast. Its 500 hp but it needs to be put on a diet. They weigh slightly over 4,000 lbs. When tested by various magazines they struggled to run 112 in the traps. Thats sad for a car with 500 hp. I trapped 113mph with only a few bolt-ons The same hp in a z06 traps 122-124.
Nice kill though. Its all ways nice to let someone know they spent TOO MUCH MONEY
Old 11-14-2007, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Old 11-14-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1fastz
got it the first time
Old 11-14-2007, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah did you see that new gt500 super snake or whatever. It has 605 hp It ran 12.5 at 119mph. The tank weighs 4085lbs. Costs $70,670. What an expensive mid 12 second car. These are the #'s right out of road and track. Looks like ford will have to attempt to beat the Z06 again.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah... and my point was that for all its extra power, it still didn't mean much to most people. So it might just be "hanging with" a stock LS1 5 years after it stopped production, but isn't that more of a testament to the LS1's engineering than a reason to dog out the Mustang? A 281ci motor making 500hp from the factory, supercharged or not, is pretty damn good. You gotta remember the VAST majority of people aren't obsessed with tenths of a second.
Just putting this out there...281 ci is 4.6L right? IIRC, the gt500 is 5.4 liter. But as for my contribution to this thread...WHO CARES! Horsepower is horsepower. Don't matter how its made, either big cubes, big jets, big blowers, big turbos, or combination. All that matters is whos at the end of the tract first
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

so i take it there isn't a mustangtech.com huh? last i checked this was a ls1 website.... I feel a little guilty being on it and i drive a lt1, at least i'm in the right ocean even if i'm not in the boat

stopsign how fast can your car possibly be its a 95 gt with bolt ons, even with a supercharger you dont stand a chance
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
got it the first time
just checking.....and making sure
Old 11-14-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phirepower
stopsign how fast can your car possibly be its a 95 gt with bolt ons, even with a supercharger you dont stand a chance
too bad stopsign would door you
Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

thats funny... like stop sign not all of my mods are mentioned, and u have the internals to back em up. by the way 88 welcome to the board, join date septmeber 07... nice a whole three months and nearly as many posts as me? You must fight all your boyfriend(s) battles huh
Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phirepower
by the way 88 welcome to the board, join date septmeber 07... nice a whole three months and nearly as many posts as me? You must fight all your boyfriend(s) battles huh
too bad posts in the kills section dont add to your post count

this thread is way too funny. some of you just dont figure it out.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

You are on another planet, please join us in the real world. Im sorry, wont happen 630rwhp @8psi ?!?! just a procharger? no fuel upgrades? even it it was the F1 (know idea why you would need that with stock cubes, stock engine?) The car would not last, sorry no way, no how. "Just add NOS" and poof your in the 9s ok Vin Desiel. its hardly believeable to have 630rwhp on the stock 346, now lets add some nawwwws. Yes the LS1 can handle boost, but it wasnt meant for it. Its not going to last long w/o modifying the engine. forged bottom end, lower compression ratio, etc. Good luck with these Procharger + NOS only LS1 in the 9s. I think im going to go into the 9 second club just to make a fool out of myself and ask who is running the a stock LS1 with a procharger @8psi + NOS. Im sure there will be a few pages of that thread, b/c its so easy to get into the 9s .

Great, cry about it. The point is they keep up with GM, why does it matter how they do it? GM uses bigger cube pushrod engines and ford smaller uses modular engines. Its not Fords fault they built the car for forced induction. For example a Mach1 can run with an LS1 (no, probably not beat it...but it will be close) OOH NOES LS1 has 1.1 more liters, "when GM makes a 4.6L without having to resort to an extra 1.1Liters, ill give them credit" Your retarded sorry.

You never lose cause your a perfect driver and your car is perfect and your car is the best stock, because LS1s are the best N/A. Fords are slow. kk thx

ill just repeat myself. For example a Mach1 can run with an LS1 (no, probably not beat it...but it will be close) OOH NOES LS1 has 1.1 more liters, "when GM makes a 4.6L without having to resort to an extra 1.1Liters, ill give them credit"

(edit: happy now blackhawk 02?)

1. Tim00ls1
2. gcs01ss
3. camarojunky74

oh so glad im on your list,,, let me get my point across just for justification,

wait lets see here, a mach 1 has um,,, yeah twice as many valves as an ls1, and no pushrods, i bet that all 1.1 more cubes and ls1 has is the reason this engine is,,,

a, more reliable
b. more efficient
c. cheaper

okay have i gotten my point across yet??
why would gm wanna build a 4.6l over head cam motor, thats just stupid, gm has stuck to being traditional in a sense when stickin to 16v pushrod motor, well it has worked for decades, and its kinda like, why fix whats not broken.

im not a complete idiot just extremely biased,

and the point about my ls1 car beating highly modded stangs, i dont understand what your reasoning is behind your judgment,

although i did say that there is NO ford that is NA and stock that could beat mine, and well i had to eat my words cause i found out that i was wrong, it happens i learn from it,

i kinda forgot what we were arguin about again?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
too bad posts in the kills section dont add to your post count

this thread is way too funny. some of you just dont figure it out.

Man! Some of the Gm guys got all butthurt in this thread. ROFL @ a stock 02 T/A making 600 plus rwhp with only a procharger! Bawahhhhhahahahahahaha.

Trix are for kids. Go get some Trix.