Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 6-speed kill...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 6-speed kill...

I had just gotten out of work. I was driving home fast because I had to return a 65 dollar antenna that sucked ***... anyways.. at the light theres a C5 Corvette. Its black and it has the ugly *** Camaro stock tips. So I was behind him at the light. Just like I had thought he got to speed faster then anyone else. So I got in the middle lane and tried to go around him. When his front bumper got by my door, he downshifts and takes off. So he wants to play

So at the next light I get behind him again. I knew he was ready for me... im sure his ego was running high So we are in the left lane and when we clear traffic I get in the middle lane.. as soon as I do that he nails it, then I do as well. I stop his pull and started pulling him back. LOL! awesome! But when I was getting closer to him he let off. Thats ok. So we turn left onto another road but theres a bit of traffic. We do a first gear pull and we are even. we had to stop due to traffic. At this point the guy in the C5 is revving the **** out of his car. Stock exhaust doesnt sound too good. Maybe it had flowmasters.. but eh. So I give him a 6k revv and he kepts redlining his car. I know at this point he is claiming victory. So finally it clears up at the next light. I pull up to him, wait for him to get off the phone and off we go. I got a little jump and pulled him all the way. So he lets off and so do I. He says he wasnt ready and did not have it in gear.. So I asked him for another run and he agreed. This time we take off evenly for a 35mph roll. We are even until we shift, from there on I started walking him. I wasnt paying attention but I looked in my mirror and I could see him there so I know he was more then a car and a half back. So I let off because theres a curve coming, and he does a fly by... hehe not bad at all

This is like my 5th C5 kill. This one being the first C5 6-speed kill.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill.

I've only ran one C5 and it was a bone stock auto. I only had a lid and cutout and we were dead even
Old 11-24-2007, 03:54 AM
On The Tree

I had an auto C5 with exhaust and intake jump on me but I managed to run him down and pass him. Cool guy, he gave me the thumbs up hehe.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

i ran an m6 c5 from a dig, he had no cats, halltech intake, and granatelli MAF...both of us had a passenger...We both spun of the line, to about 60 I it was door to door, and then he started to pull away and had about 1.5 cars to 95...I dunno, my lil LT1 runs strong. I wanna see what it can do at the track with proper traction. Too bad its starting to snow up here, and everything is close, lol...
Old 11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

oh, forgot, Nice Kill
Old 11-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Restricted User

Not a bad kill...keep up the good work...haha
Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys.