Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wow what a night! 3 races 2 kills

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wow what a night! 3 races 2 kills

So today a bunch of my friends decided to cruise around maryland. My car is a 2000 z-28 M6 camaro vert. My friend has a 2006 Evo mr with a boost controller, exhaust, intake, and fuel pump.. running 21 pounds of boost. My car is lid/slp lm1 only.. and for some reason a real factory freak.. anyway we decided to race from a roll.. first race was from 40 2nd gear we go off and i get him by a car by mid 3rd and maybe have a car or car and a half on him by 115 when i shutdown.. i have crappy cell phone footage of this.. i will put it up when i can.. we did 2 more runs with the same outcome..on the way home my friends 2007 sti wanted to race. He has a boost controller, exhaust , larger injectors and fuel pump ( dont know why he got a new injectors and fp). It was a quick short race from 40 in 2nd gear.. i honk and a pull right away and get him by like 3 cars by 4th. Lasty my buddy with a 96 gt mustang had a friend who has an evo 8 that wanted to race me. His evo is a 05/06? evo 8 with a boost controller, exhaust, and CAMS!!!. So we race from a 40 roll and i honk and he gets ahead by half a car by 3rd and stays the same till we shut of at 115. Second race was from a 1st gear roll. We both spin badily but i think i spun more ( Shitty 245's!) but he gets ahead by half a car by 3rd and then i start getting even with him by 4th.. we were then dead even till i hit fuel cutoff at 118. He was running 19 pounds of boost during this race however he said hes been up to 25 pounds on the stock turbo! anyway i was pretty happy about being dead even with him the second time.. he was cool guy.. im tryin to get some long tubes soon.. im only 19 and pretty broke haha the guy in the evo was only 18! but yea my car is deff faster then normal.. i have taken out a z-28 with headers and borla by 2 cars... i know its hard to believe.. hopefully soon i will have dyno numbers.. anyway fun night sorry about the long post!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice runs...Evo's can be a little tricky once their cam'd....
Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice kills