Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lets talking about people who dont understand racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007 | 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

The internet police are out and about...I heard there was a shooting on Querty Row
Old 12-07-2007 | 04:49 AM
TECH Addict

Since there's talk about GT500's, I'm going to add just a little bit. I do like the cars, but anyone who buys one is just flat-out dumb. I'm yet to hear about someone paying sticker or ball-park sticker price for one. Most people are paying around $60k+ for the car, when the sticker is $45k. Sorry, but I'd never even pay sticker for a car, because you know the dealer is still making quite a profit even at that price.
Old 12-07-2007 | 07:39 AM
Teching In

yeah they just want too much for one because they are gonna be worth something when caroll shelby passes. and there's demand for them.
dealership in alsip around here, has one in the show room, sticker is 41K on the car and they want 67K for the damn car.
no one bought, been sitting there for months.
Old 12-07-2007 | 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
Fixed it for you.
Ahh dam thanks
Old 12-07-2007 | 08:10 AM
11 Second Club

Economics 101 folks. Supply vs demand. Hence the markup. If that wasn't the case everyone would be buying a $1000 fox body roller and putting in a 25k dollar motor and drivetrain. It all depends on what you want. -Mark
Old 12-07-2007 | 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd love a fox body sleeper with a big turbo
Old 12-07-2007 | 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
yeah they just want too much for one because they are gonna be worth something when caroll shelby passes. and there's demand for them.
dealership in alsip around here, has one in the show room, sticker is 41K on the car and they want 67K for the damn car.
no one bought, been sitting there for months.
Yeah, I live in a tiny *** town and somehow our local Ford dealership got one. So, me and my buddy went in to go take a look at it. We were talking to one of the salesmen and he said a buy offered him $20k over sticker, which would've been $65k, and he still wouldn't take it. Isn't it illegal for a dealer to try and sell a car for higher than sticker? That's what my buddy was trying to tell me atleast when we left.
Old 12-08-2007 | 02:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by g-ryde1
Love the rant but allow me help you out here: (cause you remind of people that post in this section bitching about how illegal and dangerous street racing is)

This is the street racing and kill story section:

To All The Retarded People:

Just because you saw grandma on the street running in a evo and losing to a (insert slower car here), or you saw a modded cobra get ran-through by a (insert slower car here) MEANS THEY JUST LOST A LIL BIT OF STREET CRED!!!!!

IT MEANS THEY LOST A STREET RACE AND CANT BITCH!!!!!!!

So next time you are on the street and you beat someone with more mods and they have a faster car than you, it is because you whooped that ***. MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT **** ON TAPE AND KINDLY POST IT IN THIS SECTION!!!!

I tried my best, Keep in mind this section isnt about track stories but hey whatever floats you boat right.

Hit the nail on the head

Ill edit my 1st posting, I didnt look over what ive said so it comes out sounded dumb
Old 12-08-2007 | 02:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by tspence45
Yeah, I live in a tiny *** town and somehow our local Ford dealership got one. So, me and my buddy went in to go take a look at it. We were talking to one of the salesmen and he said a buy offered him $20k over sticker, which would've been $65k, and he still wouldn't take it. Isn't it illegal for a dealer to try and sell a car for higher than sticker? That's what my buddy was trying to tell me atleast when we left.
A car dealership can sell a car for whatever they can sell it for.