Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MMMmmmm.... Riceeeee

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jessedale98
Well, when I bought stage II heads for my one engine it sure as hell didn't come with one HEAD, I purchased two. maybe im confused though.
This site for example:

http://dsmparts.com/customer/home.php?cat=128

They say race head, not heads...
Old 12-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well V-engines have two cylinder heads. So there are two of them.
Lol, of course he has a V-8, hahaha. Ok, it's all good now
Old 12-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Karathos
From your sig:

New frpp block, Spec stage 3 clutch, 16lb flywheel (1), mac udp, JLT cai, Steeda Tri-ax, cobra oil pump, eibach springs, frpp shorties, o/r xpipe, flows, hotchkis cc plates, Probe rotating assembly w/ 10.7:1 cr, Fox Lake stage 2 heads (2), Crane Cams. Yes I built it all.

(1) It's 16lbS since there are 16 of them.

(2) You can only have one head per engine, so no 's'.

You see, I can be an *** too
It is a 16 POUND flywheel. There are two HEADS, one on each side.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:01 PM

Haha alright we all clear now?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1badgt
It is a 16 POUND flywheel. There are two HEADS, one on each side.

There is still an 's' there, gotta believe it.

As for the heads, I am used to think 4 cylinders
Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1badgt
Haha alright we all clear now?

Of course!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Karathos
There is still an 's' there, gotta believe it.

As for the heads, I am used to think 4 cylinders
My context is correct. You would be right if I said "My flywheel weighs 16 pounds" but not when I say "I have a 16 pound flywheel" like I was stating.

Does that make sense?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Technically you may be right, the term originated to describe Japanese cars. However over time the term has broadend to include any car that has non working "fast looking" mods. This evolved definition (like one user posted not long ago) IMO fits the term the best, RICE= race inspired cosmetic effects.
My definition of 'rice' = the real definition
Your definition of 'rice' = the incorrect, misunderstood version

Old 12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
My definition of 'rice' = the real definition
Your definition of 'rice' = the incorrect, misunderstood version

Not anymore Fred Flinstone the term has evolved and the majority of people agree just look on Ricekiller.com .

But w/e most people buy cars that fullfill there needs whatever those needs may be. If the big 3 had made a sports car that was Awd and could kick *** on and offroad I would have bought it, but unfortunately they don't. The new Avenger is looking pretty promising tho, we will have to see how they do on the track atm they look pretty weak.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Resident

Not anymore Fred Flinstone the term has evolved and the majority of people agree just look on Ricekiller.com.
Ahem, if a bunch of people start getting together proclaiming 2+2=5, it doesn't make them right. Our society is being pussified, and the same thing has happened to the rice term. It's not nice to call all Japanese car drivers ricers, even if it's true Tough ****, it's true. Anyone that disagrees with me is not a real man and is pandering to the crybabies. Sorry you're so sensitive.

Anyone that disagrees with me, this t-shirt is for you:

But w/e most people buy cars that fullfill there needs whatever those needs may be. If the big 3 had made a sports car that was Awd and could kick *** on and offroad I would have bought it, but unfortunately they don't. The new Avenger is looking pretty promising tho, we will have to see how they do on the track atm they look pretty weak.
Some people feel the need to be *******.

This isn't a joke.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

^^right on man fock the ricers. i used to have a eclipse gsx it was a slow POS and POS alltogether. glad i saw the light, will never go back to an import. 1000HP supras and 300zx's are about all i respect in the import world. oh yea and crotch rockets
Old 12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by LS1Z28-00
^^right on man fock the ricers. i used to have a eclipse gsx it was a slow POS and POS alltogether. glad i saw the light, will never go back to an import. 1000HP supras and 300zx's are about all i respect in the import world. oh yea and crotch rockets
Respectable indeed, but still ricers. Just fast, respectable rice.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 AM

Most Supras are dyno queens lol. They produce big numbers but cant run at the track. It takes them the whole way just to build any boost lol. Ive seen 700hp Supras run 13's lol.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Teching In

I think its funny that you call him the ricer... and try to make the story seem like you were just ''minding your own business''... yet you say in your first sentance you

gave him a warning tire smoke
either way,.. i dont know why anyone would say good kill? this doesnt even seem like a race? you had a few jonts with a guy in a slow car. Im not trying to stir up anything, but you seem to have a very cocky attitude about this whole situation...

PS. I dont have a supra or 300zx. but I do have a 350z that produces better numbers than the OP's LT1. it looks bone stock. ...am I a ricer?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 3geclipse13087
I think its funny that you call him the ricer... and try to make the story seem like you were just ''minding your own business''... yet you say in your first sentance you

either way,.. i dont know why anyone would say good kill? this doesnt even seem like a race? you had a few jonts with a guy in a slow car. Im not trying to stir up anything, but you seem to have a very cocky attitude about this whole situation...

PS. I dont have a supra or 300zx. but I do have a 350z that produces better numbers than the OP's LT1. it looks bone stock. ...am I a ricer?
By some member's definition, yes. You own a japanese car, so you're a ricer. My eagle talon was made on american soil and some consider me a ricer, lol. My car has ZERO cosmetic on it and I've decimated anything that came to me on the streets but for some obscure reason, my car is rice...
Old 12-14-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3geclipse13087

the ops car IS pretty much bone stock...i say if your car is a stock looking 350z then no your car is not rice, but do you DRIVE like a ricer? Probably
Old 12-14-2007, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Ahem, if a bunch of people start getting together proclaiming 2+2=5, it doesn't make them right. Our society is being pussified, and the same thing has happened to the rice term. It's not nice to call all Japanese car drivers ricers, even if it's true Tough ****, it's true. Anyone that disagrees with me is not a real man and is pandering to the crybabies. Sorry you're so sensitive.

Anyone that disagrees with me, this t-shirt is for you:

Some people feel the need to be *******.

This isn't a joke.

You are a fn idiot, I have yet to see you make a sensible statement or even talk about real issues. Maybe you are retarded or perhaps just compensating for something very small. All you do is spew stereotypes and bs. So fk you don't bother responding because I'm going to ignore you.

Last edited by Blackbird39; 12-14-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts