Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MMMmmmm.... Riceeeee

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Karathos
Those corvettes and supras, they made those times on pump gas and street tires?
Who cares what kind of gas and tires they used? Your already making excuses and your just internet racing. You can't go to a scene and claim your fastest because your running street tires and everyone else is running slicks. That makes you a ricer.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Who cares what kind of gas and tires they used? Your already making excuses and your just internet racing. You can't go to a scene and claim your fastest because your running street tires and everyone else is running slicks. That makes you a ricer.
Calm down. It's just that on the street, you don't run slicks and race gas...

Who cares if you run 9s at the strip with race gas and slicks but on the street you run street tires and 93 octane? Those are 2 worlds, really.

The same turbo as mine can run low 10s high 9s with race gas but I don't care about race gas because on the streets, I run pump gas. For example, the 150 mph supra that he was talking about had race gas and slicks. All I'm saying is that he isn't as fast in street trim wich is a fact.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Calm down. It's just that on the street, you don't run slicks and race gas...

Who cares if you run 9s at the strip with race gas and slicks but on the street you run street tires and 93 octane? Those are 2 worlds, really.

The same turbo as mine can run low 10s high 9s with race gas but I don't care about race gas because on the streets, I run pump gas. For example, the 150 mph supra that he was talking about had race gas and slicks. All I'm saying is that he isn't as fast in street trim wich is a fact.

actually yes he is, i have never seen him on the street with less than c16 and 28 in slicks. when you have 1400rwhp there is no such thing as street tires. most ppl who actually have built (fast) cars run race fuel on a reg basis.

and what turbo are you runnin, because if your havin to push 26psi to make 450 whp idk how much more that turbo is capable of and highly doubt 9s. no offense
Old 12-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
actually yes he is, i have never seen him on the street with less than c16 and 28 in slicks. when you have 1400rwhp there is no such thing as street tires. most ppl who actually have built (fast) cars run race fuel on a reg basis.

and what turbo are you runnin, because if your havin to push 26psi to make 450 whp idk how much more that turbo is capable of and highly doubt 9s. no offense
My turbo is like a GT35R (rated at 65 lbs/min, so same flow). My tune is very safe and conservative (low timing and pig rich) until I install the meth. To run 9s, I would have to reduce the weight.

Edit: People push this turbo to 35 psi no problem.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Teching In

thats insane thinkin about 30 psi. if my motor would handle 30 psi that would be like 1500 hp. i guess thats the efficancy of a tubo v8 compared to i4. and are you still stock displacement cause that a rather large turbo for a small 4 cyl. it would take f o r e v e r to build full boost
Old 12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My turbo is like a GT35R (rated at 65 lbs/min, so same flow). My tune is very safe and conservative (low timing and pig rich) until I install the meth. To run 9s, I would have to reduce the weight.

Edit: People push this turbo to 35 psi no problem.
Drop some weight and your in the 9's just like that, huh?

What have you run so far?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Drop some weight and your in the 9's just like that, huh?

What have you run so far?
not to be an ******* but im gonna guess either has not been to the track or 12.5 @ 1XX with a bad 60 ft and spinnin the track (even tho awd) lol sorry had to
Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Teching In

thats insane thinkin about 30 psi. if my motor would handle 30 psi that would be like 1500 hp. i guess thats the efficancy of a tubo v8 compared to i4. and are you still stock displacement cause that a rather large turbo for a small 4 cyl. it would take f o r e v e r to build full boost
I could run as high as 30 psi on 94 octane, but I only have 92 here... DSM motors like high boost, hehe.

I've never heard of a V8 boosted to 30 psi. I don't know why they can't be boosted like that but they make mad power at low psi.

I have a stock displacement (2.0l) but of course, my block is built to handle the power. With my setup, I hit full boost at about 4800 rpm. My cutoff is set at 9.5k, but I usually shift at 9k. It's still a nice powerband (a little under 5k of powerband under full boost). Lag is not that bad but I wouldn't go bigger on the street. I will maybe add direct port nitrous after my meth is installed just to give me an extra edge against tough competition.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Teching In

I could run as high as 30 psi on 94 octane, but I only have 92 here... DSM motors like high boost, hehe.

I've never heard of a V8 boosted to 30 psi. I don't know why they can't be boosted like that but they make mad power at low psi.

I have a stock displacement (2.0l) but of course, my block is built to handle the power. With my setup, I hit full boost at about 4800 rpm. My cutoff is set at 9.5k, but I usually shift at 9k. It's still a nice powerband (a little under 5k of powerband under full boost). Lag is not that bad but I wouldn't go bigger on the street. I will maybe add direct port nitrous after my meth is installed just to give me an extra edge against tough competition.
cool, nice sleeper set-up but theres no way the car will run 9s with a 2.0! sorry i just refuse to believe it. whats the best you have ran?

and as for v8s not runnin that much boost, i know plenty runnin that much i know a tt 03 cobra runnin high 20psi and makin over 1100 rwhp a kenne bell mustang gt with 30 psi makin over 900rwhp and a single turbo 04 cobra runnin 28 psi and makin just over 1000 rwhp and there all within 45 min of my house
Old 12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Teching In

cool, nice sleeper set-up but theres no way the car will run 9s with a 2.0! sorry i just refuse to believe it. whats the best you have ran?

and as for v8s not runnin that much boost, i know plenty runnin that much i know a tt 03 cobra runnin high 20psi and makin over 1100 rwhp a kenne bell mustang gt with 30 psi makin over 900rwhp and a single turbo 04 cobra runnin 28 psi and makin just over 1000 rwhp and there all within 45 min of my house
Like I said, to run 9 I would have to put the car on a major diet, hehe. That or a 100 shot and race gas would do it. But my goal isn't to run 9, it's to have a badass sleeper that is driven daily on the street all year long (it's so fun in the snow!) on pump gas and street tires.

Good lord man, is there someone in your area with a 'normal' car like a stock mazda 3, yaris or civic?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Oh and by the way, the fastest talon is a 2.0l and it runs in the 7s at 191 mph.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Oh and by the way, the fastest talon is a 2.0l and it runs in the 7s at 191 mph.
wow, n ya atl is like the ricer capitol of the world. we just happen to have alot of badass cars that roll with us alot. n i just know those stangs because of the shop that tunes my car.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
So what kinda weapon would I be bringing to the fight?!!!!!! LMAO J/K
Actually I ran a 14.8 @ 93 in a type s... and I suck!!!! To say they are mid 14 sec cars is not a stretch. Of course the fastest I ever saw was a 14.4 with one that I'm positive was stock. I have seen faster.... but cannot verify his mods!!! I have seen LS1's go mid 14's too.... so with a great driver in the acura... and a **** driver in the LS1..... who know's!!!
no kidding, i'd probably be the guy running in the 14's (without spraying).
i have a few bolt-ons, but i also have shitty tires, a 15inch sub, tools and a heavy driver in this vert.

i'm kind of hesitant to hit the 1/4 mile track.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Look in MM&FF at the new twin turbo set up they have for the terminators! It keeps the factory supercharger, the setup is ridiculous and would definitely make for a sick car! Talk about a true dual power adder lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1badgt
Look in MM&FF at the new twin turbo set up they have for the terminators! It keeps the factory supercharger, the setup is ridiculous and would definitely make for a sick car! Talk about a true dual power adder lol.

ya ive seen it, its great for 700-1000 hp but after that the supercharger actually starts limiting the pwr out put because the turbos cause to much pressure in the blower.

the tt 03 cobra im talkin about has a much more efficiant(spelling??) setup. he can make 1400rwhp on motor and has a 250 direct port but i think it would lift the heads at more than 1500 rwhp
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your doing a lot of "if I did this, if I did that", "so and so ran this and that". What have YOU run?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your doing a lot of "if I did this, if I did that", "so and so ran this and that". What have YOU run?
This is a argument waiting to happen. I knew it was about 2 pages ago. Its a 9500 rpm fire breathing, hell raising, 30 psi boosting LS killer so be quite or he'll suck your vette up and blow it out the exhaust.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:56 AM

ya ive seen it, its great for 700-1000 hp but after that the supercharger actually starts limiting the pwr out put because the turbos cause to much pressure in the blower.

the tt 03 cobra im talkin about has a much more efficiant(spelling??) setup. he can make 1400rwhp on motor and has a 250 direct port but i think it would lift the heads at more than 1500 rwhp

Wonder what that would make with a KB 2.8H....
Old 12-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Teching In

I said it already, I didn't run this setup at the strip yet.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

I said it already, I didn't run this setup at the strip yet.
well how about a complete mod list?