Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Is it wrong to laugh?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it wrong to laugh?

At the risk of sounding like the stereotypical Corvette driver, is it wrong to laugh at the guy in the lancer trying to "race" me?

This guy is driving a bright yellow Oz Rally Ed. Lancer, fart can and stickers on the window. He's weaving through traffic like a jackass and spinning the tires any chance he gets.

Light ahead of us turns red, and he cuts over into the other lane so that I pull up beside him. The only traffic around is a few cars behind us. He looks over at me with this dead-serious, "im gonna eat you alive" look on his face. The only thing i can do is laugh!

Light turns green, he squeels the tires. I ease onto the throttle. For some reason, i get a kick out of pressing the gas only as much as i need to stay beside him. My car shifts into 2nd, and he's still trying. So I go to WOT, it shifts back into 1st (yeah, we are going that slow) and that ends it. He tries to do the ricer-flyby thing, but the traffic sitting at the next light ends it pretty quick.

The best part? There's a guy in a GMC Jimmy (i think) that pulls up, nods his head at me, and we both just start laughing. The lancer starts cutting through traffic again and pulls off.

I usually try not to be an ***, but i cant help but laugh when the Wizard of Oz takes it so seriously!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Teching In

It's ok dude. Kids these day will race you even in a bone stock neon, lol. I can't count the number of times a kid in a Cavalier, Neon, Tiburon, Civic, RSX, Integra, etc with the fart can mod tried to 'race' me. I know my car is a sleeper but hell, even if I was stock they wouldn't stand a chance. I laugh everytime!

Some are even more retarded and tried to race me in the rain from a dig... Happened with a RSX and a Tiburon
Old 12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Would it be wrong for an 03 Cobra owner to laugh at you if you tried to "race" him?

Maybe the owner of the Lancer really liked Corvette's and wanted to see you show off in yours. No need to be a dick because you own a faster car.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

It's whatever, but you can't get pissed when you get your *** cracked by an evo and he starts laughing in your face.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's done to your Vette? Nice kill, BTW.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Would it be wrong for an 03 Cobra owner to laugh at you if you tried to "race" him?

Maybe the owner of the Lancer really liked Corvette's and wanted to see you show off in yours. No need to be a dick because you own a faster car.

A vette and a cobra would be an ok race. They are both made to go fast.
A lancer(base model he is talking about) and a vette is not even a race. It's a slow economy car against a hi-po sports car.

Maybe he did just wanna see the vette "go" but the fact that he was weaving through traffic like an asshat makes that sort of negligible in my eyes.

Good kill, I woulda laughed at him too.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Yeah what if it would have been an LP640

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
It's whatever, but you can't get pissed when you get your *** cracked by an evo and he starts laughing in your face.
Or may be an Enzo

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
What's done to your Vette? Nice kill, BTW.
Intake, no cats, Borla.
Those are the only engine related, some other suspension stuff though.

Originally Posted by So-GT0071
A vette and a cobra would be an ok race. They are both made to go fast.
A lancer(base model he is talking about) and a vette is not even a race. It's a slow economy car against a hi-po sports car.

Maybe he did just wanna see the vette "go" but the fact that he was weaving through traffic like an asshat makes that sort of negligible in my eyes.

Good kill, I woulda laughed at him too.
When i first bought it, i raced a pullied/exhaust Termi from 50 to 155 with the top off, windows down, and my 240lb roommate (cop) in the car with me. We went from dead even, to him gaining maybe a foot by the time we shut down.

I dont go around trying to find 100hp ricers to pick on, they bring it onto themselves.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

No need to be a dick because you own a faster car.
He wasn't. Some @$$ kid weaving through traffic like a maniac deserves worse than a laugh in the face.

And the owner of an '03 Cobra had better be modded if he wanted to laugh at a c5 on the street.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bigleman
Yeah what if it would have been an LP640

Or may be an Enzo

Intake, no cats, Borla.
Those are the only engine related, some other suspension stuff though.

When i first bought it, i raced a pullied/exhaust Termi from 50 to 155 with the top off, windows down, and my 240lb roommate (cop) in the car with me. We went from dead even, to him gaining maybe a foot by the time we shut down.

I dont go around trying to find 100hp ricers to pick on, they bring it onto themselves.

Hey, it's cool man, you don't have to get pissed about it. Your thread asks if you are wrong to laugh, and I personally didn't think it wasn't very cool. I'm sure your car is nice, but a basically stock C5 isn't a world beater, and there are plenty of Evos that would give you a very good challenge.

will82 is right, the kid was stupid for driving like that in traffic, but you still raced him. I dunno, everybody has different ways of going about it, but I personally would have just given him a thumbs up and gone on my way...but it's whatever.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

the kid in the lancer was fair game, it sounds like he initiated. and yes it is ok to laugh. maybe he thought sticker and fartcan mods made his car equivalent to an EVO?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a stock Cobalt SS trying to race me tonight and it pisses me off when somebody like that tries to race me. Do they really think they have a chance? I'm not going to waste my time, gas, and take the risk of getting caught to race a car that doesn't have a chance to begin with. I have nothing to prove, ewww I can outrun a stock 200 hp car.... surprise. Yeah I think it was alright to laugh. He deserves it for being such a *** hat and even trying. That's my take.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

PC bullcrap aside, no its not wrong to laugh. If someone was just having fun it might be. But apperantly this guy tried really hard to recieve and *** kicking and then got one. And I find it funny. Anyone taking a OZ edition lancer seriously is funny actually. under any circumstance.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Launching!

I laugh at Stopsign32v every time there's a thread about a GM vehicle outrunning any other car on the road, especially his beloved Mustakes.

No, you weren't wrong to laugh, it's just a shame you wasted gas on him.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

I would have laughed too (even if it was a Cobra)
Old 12-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by will82
And the owner of an '03 Cobra had better be modded if he wanted to laugh at a c5 on the street.
Why do you say that?

Stock C5 = 107mph trap speed (slow)
Stock 03 Cobra = 113mph trap speed (not as slow)
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Hey, it's cool man, you don't have to get pissed about it. Your thread asks if you are wrong to laugh, and I personally didn't think it wasn't very cool. I'm sure your car is nice, but a basically stock C5 isn't a world beater, and there are plenty of Evos that would give you a very good challenge.

will82 is right, the kid was stupid for driving like that in traffic, but you still raced him. I dunno, everybody has different ways of going about it, but I personally would have just given him a thumbs up and gone on my way...but it's whatever.
+1 Atleast one Chevy owner in this thread knows whats going on. Bravo my friend...bravo!
Teching In

Stock 95 GT = 71mph trap speed
Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Teching In

i would have laughed because the kid had not gone about it right. not only does he not have a car as fast as the car being raced, but he swerved through traffic seemingly recklessly to what? lose a race he knew he couldnt win, or "see that car take off".
if you wanna see a car take off, thats what you tube is for
if you have a rice car, or any slow car not meant for racing, then why bother?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Stock 95 GT = 71mph trap speed
Exactly, so you shouldn't laugh at me when I want to race you!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

you know by the way the guy drove off he was trying to race, I would haved laughed, but at the same time I mess with people in my dd (non fast car) just to see other people get on it, but I don't do a ricer fly by, I stop smile and wave. on a second note I pulled up to a guy in a 04 cobra and he laughed at me....my car stomped that cobras *** (off the bottle) then I laughed.

but I agree in a way, these days anyone that pulles up next to you could be running way more than you think. being humble should be a must when owning a fast/nice car.