Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Slo truck vs SRT8 Charger.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slo truck vs SRT8 Charger.

To set the scene, I decided id drive my truck tonite(Mods in sig). I havent driven it in a few weeks and i forgot how much fun it can be. Anyways i met a friend for dinner and upon leaving i noticed a guy getting into an SRT8 Charger. I followed him out of the lot and he took off. I gave some chase but we ran into traffic. Everytime traffic would clear he would just take off...vagina. He got caught behind some slow traffic i was in the other lane doin about 30. I dropped my truck in first and roasted the tires to let him know its not stock lol.
He ended up behind me a few lights down the road so i decided to launch my truck a little. Bad idea...it just went sideways. He got next to me but didnt really do much. We caught another light and when it turned green he just weaved around a few cars and took off again. I followed him around a car and when it was clear i nailed it. I stopped his pull...he was already out like 10 cars lol but then i just rode the rev limiter and gave up. I hate it when people refuse to line up and go at it....kinda a ricer move.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

what kind of times do you run at the track with the truck?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

im glad i moved away from cypress this way i dont have to worry about idiots like you weaving thru traffic to catch a race.......common sense is a great thing
Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

An SRT8 Charger has a significant advantage on you stock vs stock. Any idea what sort of numbers your truck puts down? A good running SRT8 Charger will run high 12s @ 110 MPH or so.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Too many "Kill" stories now about guys making ricer moves, never lining up and not racing...
Old 01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

first of all he didn't do anything to intice a race with you. you chased an unwilling participant........why?