Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

04 GTO vs 99-01"Cobra"

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 GTO vs 99-01"Cobra"

drivin around yesterday i come across a red Mustang traveling he opposite direction, kinda roudy sounding, but very clean car. he throws me a rev, i return the favor. so i go on about my buisness and low and behold i find him behind me a short time later. we pull in the mcdonalds parking lot and he asks me if i wanted to run. "sure" i said with a mischievious grin. it was here i started to think it was just a GT... where as he had all the Cobra/SVT badging, the rear bumper said "Mustang" instead of "Cobra". and if memory serves me correctly, the 99-01 Cobras said "Cobra" on the rear bumper. reguardless, we pull out on 321 in what seemed to be the best time to run (traffic was heavy that day). 1 run and 1 run only is what we had. rolling from 20, three honks later my LS1 screams to life and nearly instantly reassured me that there was no danger of losing this race. Screeching of the tires accompanied my 1-2 powershift. and a moment later i hear the driver of the mustang miss 2nd... at this point he was beaten anyway, so i stayed in it for no other reason than to show off. My shifter slams into 3rd and again the rear tires cry out in protest to power bieng delivered by the LS1 on this cool day. i check my mirrors to see the "Cobra" still fading, but hes still in it. at this point i considered lifting, but i still had plenty of room left. "what the hell" i say aloud. then just for ***** and giggles i hit fourth gear hard. and yes, once again my shift becomes audible by the sound of rubber screeching and clawing for traction. now i had to lift, light was turning red. the mustang driver pulls up beside me and explains that he missed 2nd "bigger than ****", then has to ask if i really just barked all the way through 4th gear. i give a friendly nod, we exchange the thumbs up, and part ways.

thats one more for the good guys...
Old 12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
***Repost Police***

'99 Cobras said "MUSTANG" on the rear bumper... the '01 said "COBRA." Good kill.

Edit: Your car is one of the two color-schemes I was looking for in GTOs before I got this car... the other was yellow/red. Sexy car
Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info, and the kind words
Old 12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill. What are your mods?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

showroom stock for another few months