Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A couple kills when I first got the car

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008 | 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Default A couple kills when I first got the car

I've had the car since around Nov. 10th but haven't shared any of the kill stories with it yet. The car is the car in the sig and used to be scrmnws6's car. So far these were the only two races I have had in the car and they were when I was on the interstate coming back to Kansas with it.

First was a Newer 02 GT I believe.

He literally paced me for almost 30 miles. At first I thought he didn't want to race but then everything made sense and I figured out why he paced me for so long. I messed with him for a while, I mean come on, I just got a car that is easily as fast if not faster than my old car was on the juice, of course I wanted to race someone right away. After pacing me for what seemed like eternity, he starts pulling up beside me acting froggy. I figured, what the F, now he wants to race? As he pulls up beside me it sounds like any other exhausted Mustang does so I really didn't think much, then I saw the slew of gauges on his A pillar. Maybe he is packing something! We were doing around 70-75 which in a 3.42 car is perfect for 3rd gear, but the new ride had 4.10's so I left it in 4th. I got the jump on him and he stayed right at my back fender the whole time! Wow, he must have something done to that car. The next run he got the jump and pulled me by about a car or so, this was also in 4th gear. Enough with the messin around, this time I slowed to about 60 and put that baby in 3rd, the magic gear, the gear that old men talk about and young boys dream about. This race was a lot better, we both left on 3 honks and I pulled him pretty hard. I'm guessing the reason he was pacing me is that he was warming his bottle maybe!!! At least that's what I think. He pulled up beside me, gave me a little nod, and he was off.

Second race was against a LS1 GTO.

I knew it was a GTO just by the look of the tailights. As soon as I started to pull up behind him he started to slow down. Right away he was game. Now I knew it was a LS1 because of the dual pipes on the left. Right off the bat he downshifted and was ready to roll. He got the jump and I punched it in 3rd once again and instantly stopped his pull and proceeded to pull on him. I don't know exactly how much I got him by (I'm not good at measuring lengths) but all I know is he was well behind me by the end of 4th gear.

I'm sitting here waiting for parts to come in and waiting for the snow to melt so I can drive my car. Then I am going to race my buddies LS2 C6!

Last edited by DopdBrd; 01-07-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:16 PM

Nice Killz!
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kills. What are the current mods?

BTW, 70mph w/ 4.10s and as long as your tranny is stock, 3rd would have been fine (I'm assuming your limiter is in the high 6000 range if you're putting down that kind of power - cam only or mild h/c?).

What are your future plans?
Old 01-07-2008 | 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

It's a stock bottom end with the LE2 H/C kit and the LE ported intake, 36lb injectors, 58mm Holley, CSR Water pump, 4.10's, FULL BMR suspension, and a few other odds and ends.

I plan on putting the QA1's on it an raising it back to the stock ride height (lower with Eibach Sportlines right now and I absolutely hate it), direct port kit, dedicated fuel system, a forged bottom end, and eventually a 12 bolt. After I get the shocks/springs done I want to slap on my MT's and try to hit low 12's high 11's with it. The guy before me ran a 12.4 with a miss up top on nittos with a 2.1 60' I believe.
Old 01-07-2008 | 02:51 PM
Banned

Dope Car Man Nice!
Old 01-07-2008 | 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

404rwhp and MTs should get you an 11 second pass, definitely low 12, but your 10-bolt isn't gonna hold up for long with that setup and power. Start saving for the 12-bolt.
Old 01-07-2008 | 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

I've already got the 12 bolt fund started. It's in a little teddy bear bank above my bed!