Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

York, PA Shelby Cobra GT 500 encounter

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Default York, PA Shelby Cobra GT 500 encounter

Decided to take the car out for a quick run this afternoon. Heading 74S a nice new Cobra was in front of me. We were both waiting on the car in front turn off the road. The guy in the cobra takes off, so do I. I stuck with him even with his slight head start, but I miss 3rd gear! I was so pissed. The first time in nearly 4 years since I had a decent car try to out run me. So I follow the cobra waiting on another chance. I thought I had a chance when I could have sworn he was turning left towards Normanwood bridge, but he ended up punching it back onto 74S. So I'm not sure what happen there. But anyway had my chance and blew it with 3rd. Happens all the time! ahh lol
Old 01-08-2008 | 05:44 PM
Banned

The driver mod helps with that. That does suck though when you finally come across a car that would be fun to run and then BAM you're fooked because of a missed shift or the tires trying to melt themselves.
Old 01-08-2008 | 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

I'm working on that driver mod! lol.. I need to wake up my car alittle from below 3,000rpm. My cam doesn't take off until then. The head start from the cobra being in front and on a slight roll doesn't go too well. But once I get roll'n I'm alright.(until 3rd gear!) I did notice a slight grind from 3rd when I was on it again heading home. Probably won't have the car out again for another 2 months! depressing.
Old 01-08-2008 | 07:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Good run... maybe you'll get somebody next time that will run more than once. But I don't understand your concern with picking up power under 3,000rpm (in a race situation)... when are you ever under 3,000rpm when trying to race somebody
Old 01-08-2008 | 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

I'm speaking from more of a street start. usually 1st gear is under 3,000 rpm. All I'm saying is that my engine doesn't kick in until about 3,000rpm then she moves. I'm not sure why they didn't slow up again when traffic was clear. But I can't blame them probably taking it easy since it's new.