TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EVO? Mitsu-sushi got to LOSEY

Jap crap =
Old 07-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Teching In

no, no typo was made. that time stands. i was there at the strip and he wasn't the fastest ricer of the day either. running on ulp gas and street tyres. ignorance is bliss isn't it?

whoops you made a typo "capable of 12.4" should read - capable of 14.4

Good kill WHIPER!!! GOD Bless American
Old 07-07-2003, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

GOD LOVE's AMERICAN MUSCLE TOO
Old 07-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Teching In

and so do i!! i don't own anything jap or asian made, not my style. my style is australian domestic...holden... the same company that the new gto is based on. but mine is an older '72 torana lj 2300lb muscle car coupe. powered by 406" sb chev. chevrolet 2dr lj.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is more rice here in the valley than there is in Japan.
LMFAO.. thats funny b/c its true.. so cal is a breeding ground for those go carts. And dont even get me started on the valley.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Hor
Teching In

... the Evo has 19 lbs of boost. Talk about killin your engine... I can't wait to see if those cars can last past 80k miles.

Mitsubishi engine+lots of boost=disaster

The Mitsu 4G63 motor handles large amounts of boost quite well. There are hundreds of DSM owners pushing 20+ psi of boost on a daily basis on pump gas, and doing it for years without damaging the motor. It definitely takes the right tuning tools though--your typical ricer won't be able to do it!

I personally run ~21 psi daily on my stock, untouched 83k mile motor. The car doesn't burn a drop of oil. If taken care of properly, the Evo motor (basically the same 4G63 but with some nice 'upgrades') will last plenty long.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Mitsu 4G63 motor handles large amounts of boost quite well. There are hundreds of DSM owners pushing 20+ psi of boost on a daily basis on pump gas, and doing it for years without damaging the motor. It definitely takes the right tuning tools though--your typical ricer won't be able to do it!

I personally run ~21 psi daily on my stock, untouched 83k mile motor. The car doesn't burn a drop of oil. If taken care of properly, the Evo motor (basically the same 4G63 but with some nice 'upgrades') will last plenty long.
Those are some sick times you've got there, Hor (?)... you've definitely earned my respect with a civil response to an aggressive post of mine... If I was a DSM owner, I would have been real pissed off if reading that (I'm often too hot-headed about auto debates... it's somewhat of a character flaw oh well). If the new engine lasts, it's all good. I love how quick they are, but visually they just aren't my style (as you may have guessed)... well, that's about it. peace.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Hey whats up guys. Its been awhile since I posted on here. We'll I can give you an honest account of both cars . I have had 3 f bods which I will always love dearly. The last of which was a 99 TA M6. I recently sold it because I work in a family business where I get a company car. Didn't need the extra payment because I am buying a house soon. The only requirment was practical for bad weather. Well I checked around and ended up deciding on the EVO. I really like it. I have never been biased on domestics or imports, but this was new for me. I will tell you this from a roll an Ls1 will kill an Evo. Stock for stock from a dig It would be a drivers race. Believe me when I say these things are fast. My buddy has a yellow one with an exhaust. on a day which was 102 degrees he ran a 13.3 at 104 i saw the slip. As far as top end just yesterday I ran a Formula with an LT1 on 95 in delaware. We went from 65 by 135 he was 8 lengths behind and falling. I even gave him the jump. This is not a reply to bash because I love f bods and no I am not a ricer this is my first import. This is straight up honesty from a previous fbod owner. By the way I am modding it so if you want me to keep you posted let me know. I miss my baby.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

As far as top end just yesterday I ran a Formula with an LT1 on 95 in delaware.
I have yet to run one... but I'm real excited to! If you like the Evo, then it's all good. I respect their speed and AWD, but I can't stand the look of the car. Too ricey for me. Like I said though, I definitely respect them. Congrats on the new car.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:33 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st mod suggested: Wing Delete.
Oh, scratch that, the wing gives ya 'bout 20hp right! :p
Old 07-21-2003, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone have the August edition of Motor Trend. They comapred the evo8 to an svt cobra in a small comparison. You know who one. LOL you guessed it. The Evo.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Nevermind
Old 07-21-2003, 06:59 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd drive the "unpreferred" Cobra any day over the winged wind-up warrior.
..cobra, Cobra, COBRA! [toga, toga, toga!]...

I saw your post AshF, no need to edit that! Shoot.

Old 07-21-2003, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anyone have the August edition of Motor Trend. They comapred the evo8 to an svt cobra in a small comparison. You know who one. LOL you guessed it. The Evo.
Alright man.. I don't know how many times I have to tell youthis, but... NOBODY LIKES YOU. GO AWAAAAAAYYYYYY.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Launching!

I'd drive the "unpreferred" Cobra any day over the winged wind-up warrior.
..cobra, Cobra, COBRA! [toga, toga, toga!]...

I saw your post AshF, no need to edit that! Shoot.

I was just stating the obvious, it's up to 25psi to figure that one out for himself. Someday he will run into the cars he talks about in real life, and not through internet videos.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Having that obnoxious wing is reason enough to pick on them. Good kill, cant wait to run one myself.

Greg
Old 07-30-2003, 11:54 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Speaking of obnoxious wing ... I was stopped at a light behind a few cars in the turning lane an a bright yellow viper pulls up next to me (going straight). Pristine condition car, until you look at the back. Big 3' high dual wing (2 horizontal wings, about a foot apart from each other). The wing part was yellow, while the supports were black. It was obviously just bolted on there as I could plainly see the tops of the bolts.
All I kept thinking was WHHHHYYYYYYYYY.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:46 PM
Launching!

I rather drive around in a 03 Cobra than a shopping cart- winged Evo anyday of the week. Those things are just hideous!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, that's a Mustang. Comparin an Evo to a Musang is like comparing an LS1 Vette to a Civic SI. Try comparing that shitbox Evo or STI to a Z06, or Viper. I guarantee the results would be different.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats funny because Car and Driver did a similar test between the cobra, the Evo, and the sti. In the quarter mile the Evo came in last, the sti was in second, and of course the Cobra was in first. I'm not saying the Cobra beat the Evo in any other category but as far as the quarter mile goes the Cobra owned. In all the other categories I believe the Evo was first but I didn't pay much attention drag racing is all I'm interested in watching. BTW Motor Trend sux and I'm not a huge fan of Car and Driver.