Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

rich kid in BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008 | 01:00 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Default rich kid in BMW

Ill start off by saying that i love BMW's. And this race took place in Mexico!

I was driving home in my girlfriends's 06 Maxima on the highway when these two guys in a BMW 335i (thats a twin turbo 3.x ltr). They wanted to race!!!??? Of course the guy kills the maxima (260hp fwd 3400lbs). So i was just messin with him and said you want to race MY car? The guy said he'll race anything. So i tell him to follow us to the next exit. We get out and talk and the guy seems way too confident. I got nervous. And he wants to race for cash. I agree but have a bad feeling that he might know something i dont. I went home to get my car and while i was there i checked the 1/4 mile times on my comp. Those things can run high 12's! I got even more nervous because i run mid 12's with slicks, but i didnt have any slicks last night. So i returned to the parking lot as aranged with my car, and he checks it out while i check his out. He told me he has 350hp and i told him i had 320hp. This guy either had something hidden or had no idea what the hell an LS1 is because he ran his mouth the whole time. he even looked at me like i was retarted when i did a burnout before the race.

We went two times from 30 and once from 15. I pulled buses on his *** each time. not even close. the second two races i even let him have the jump. The look on his face was priceless. He was pissed. Told me i lied about my mods. (full exhaust and torque converter) He said there was no way i only had 320hp. He was so convinced that i lied to him he wont even pay up. He said next weekend he was gonna bring another car. I was disapointed because the way he was talking i thought i was gonna have to try real hard. oh well. Im waiting for his call nextweekend with "another car".

Sorry about long story.

SCORE BOARD - DOMESTICS 1, EUROPEAN LUXURY SPORTS CAR 0
Old 02-03-2008 | 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much money did he owe you? Id mess him up if he made a deal and then wouldnt pay because you "lied about your mods"

Good kill though. . . do you know what he had done to it? Those things can be nasty with a chip and exhaust
Old 02-03-2008 | 01:22 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

i believe it was stock. the intake looked stock and the car was quiet, but he may have had a chip. Im not gonna act a fool over $60. For all i know the guy was packin.
Old 02-03-2008 | 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Well when he comes back, tell him to get lost. You've already walked his car and he didn't pay up, why would you do it again? Nice kill though, glad he got his *** kicked and humbled a bit.
Old 02-03-2008 | 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

I've run a modded 335i in my car and they are no slouch.

Stock they come with 300hp/300tq and run mid 13's I believe.

Their main issue is their oil temp....After one or two hard runs it skyrockets and the turbos cant be efficient.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A28yUrGVBCA

It was a nice cold night and perfect for a turbo car. First run I barely nosed him, 2nd run he put a car on me, 3rd run I walked.

The 2nd and the 3rd run were back to back with no time for cool down.

Thats how quick their oil temp climbs.

Most likely the kid you ran was driving a car his parents bought him and just because its twin turbo he thinks it should beat everything. If you see him again tell him to get the PROcede V2 tune and some exhaust and maybe even eliminate his front cats.
Old 02-03-2008 | 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill. Too bad he wouldn't pay up.

Originally Posted by LS1>*
I've run a modded 335i in my car and they are no slouch.

Stock they come with 300hp/300tq and run mid 13's I believe.

Their main issue is their oil temp....After one or two hard runs it skyrockets and the turbos cant be efficient.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A28yUrGVBCA

It was a nice cold night and perfect for a turbo car. First run I barely nosed him, 2nd run he put a car on me, 3rd run I walked.

The 2nd and the 3rd run were back to back with no time for cool down.

Thats how quick their oil temp climbs.

Most likely the kid you ran was driving a car his parents bought him and just because its twin turbo he thinks it should beat everything. If you see him again tell him to get the PROcede V2 tune and some exhaust and maybe even eliminate his front cats.
Nice video. I've heard to watch out for modded ones, but this video makes me hope that if I run into one, it's HEAVILY modded.
Old 02-03-2008 | 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kill. Too bad he wouldn't pay up.

Nice video. I've heard to watch out for modded ones, but this video makes me hope that if I run into one, it's HEAVILY modded.
What are your mods?

There is some sort of oil cooler mod available for them now.....I think 335's runnin tune, exhaust, oil cooler, and deleted primary cats are pretty potent.

The one I ran put down around 400 whp on its race gas tune. He just didn't have time to stop and grab some.
Old 02-03-2008 | 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you see him again tell him to get the PROcede V2 tune and some exhaust and maybe even eliminate his front cats.
Yea procede is whats up with those cars.

Catback + Vishnu Tune + drag radials= http://youtube.com/watch?v=xittxZZIXTM
Old 02-03-2008 | 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hawk108
Yea procede is whats up with those cars.

Catback + Vishnu Tune + drag radials= http://youtube.com/watch?v=xittxZZIXTM
Yep, they are no joke once the tuning and **** gets going.

Of course they cost $50k+ to begin with.

I can think of several cars I'd rather drop that kind of money on
Old 02-03-2008 | 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, they are no joke once the tuning and **** gets going.

Of course they cost $50k+ to begin with.

I can think of several cars I'd rather drop that kind of money on
Haha yea they arent cheap. However, the 135i is going to be coming out soon and it will have the same motor for 35k. . . .my next car possibly.
Old 02-03-2008 | 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea they're nice cars, but i think id take a few friends to meet him next time because id get my money
Old 02-03-2008 | 10:28 PM

60 dollars aint enough to act a fool over but he need to walk the walk if he is goin to talk the talk
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:24 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98NATA
Yea they're nice cars, but i think id take a few friends to meet him next time because id get my money
i had my friends, and so did he. lol. I dont race for cash with out a buddy. Ive seen that **** get violent too easy.
I say he was a kid but really he was at least 20. He was a young guy. I think he is in college cause he kept saying something to his friend about classes.

Even the highly modded ones cant break 11's. im not impressed with their straight line performance at all. But like i said it is still a nice car.

Did i mention he had european plates?
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:34 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

i thin he is coming back out in an M5. should be a good race. those things run mid 12's stock!
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
i had my friends, and so did he. lol. I dont race for cash with out a buddy. Ive seen that **** get violent too easy.
I say he was a kid but really he was at least 20. He was a young guy. I think he is in college cause he kept saying something to his friend about classes.

Even the highly modded ones cant break 11's. im not impressed with their straight line performance at all. But like i said it is still a nice car.

Did i mention he had european plates?
Actually there is an automatic with stock turbos in the 11's. . . .ill see if i can find the video for ya
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEpTwKfUZm0
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would have told him im not racing any one else he brings out till he pays the money up.
Old 02-05-2008 | 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

that is weak that he wouldnt pay up. he probably didnt/doesnt know much about ls1s and just couldnt face the fact that a car that cost much less than his stomped him. good kill
Old 02-05-2008 | 12:31 PM
Teching In

if u beat him that bad, that means he didnt have 350 hp.
Old 02-05-2008 | 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willthethrill
if u beat him that bad, that means he didnt have 350 hp.

There is such thing as a bad driver