Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GN vs G35, stang gt.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008 | 06:02 PM

Default GN vs G35, stang gt.

With it being a very nice night and with my previous plans being canceled I figured i'd roll on over to a local gas station in "mexico" where people meet before heading out to race. Sat around for about 45 mins talking to the few people up there when everyone finally started to arrive, just in time for the police to come along and run everyone off. I jump in my car and decide to cruise around and enjoy the nice night then head home.

On the way I notice mustang headlights pretty much on my *** most of the way eventually passing me when I got caught in slow traffic. As he passes I look over and see that its the 4.6 liter GT with a younger guy driving and decide to try to get up to him for a run or two. I get out of the lane I'm in into the center late where the GT is and pass up the slow moving traffic and get back in my lane, meanwhile the GT has gotten stuck behind a line of slow traffic himself. The light ahead has been green a while so I know its about to change and pass up the cars ahead of the GT and get ahead of them in the center lane figuring he would get over into the empty far right lane and set up a dig run at the light. Instead a newer looking G35 with a pretty cute girl driving gets over ane next to me with the GT behind it. I take off normal for me not expecting the G35 to do anything and the GT gets behind me as we close in on another red light with the G35 still next to me at the front of the line. This time I take off a lil quicker hoping to give the GT enough room to pass the G35 and get next to me at the next light so I can finally get a run in but I guess the girl in the G35 had different ideas. With me about a car ahead of her I hear the G35 go wot and and hit it. The G35 pulls about a car until I get into boost and put 5 cars on her before letting off at about 70. I guess she turned off somewhere because I never did see her again.

Meanwhile the stang is watching all this and pulls around the G35 and gets behind me as we approach the next light where 3 cars are already waiting across all 3 lanes. As luck has it the car ahead of us gives us both enough room to move into the outer lanes and as the GT does he hits it with us both going about 40. Expecting this I hit it half a second after he does and feel the trans downshift getting into boost almost instantly and pull a quick 2.5 cars before slowing down at about 75 for a curve in the road and another car up ahead. I pull over into the far right lane as the stang has pulled into the center lane while in the curve and we end up next to each other at the light. I see him creeping forward waiting on the light and pull the rpms up to 1800(really need to get a new torque converter with a higher stall as this 1800 stuff isn't cutting it from a stop) and wait for the light to go green. As it does we both go with the stang pulling about 3\4 car as I got high enough in the rpm range to build boost. Once I did though I pass him up and let off at around 50 mph as I see that I've gotten 3.8 degrees of knock retard on my scanmaster with me ahead by about 2 cars. I pull into a gas station to see if he would pull in to and after making a u-turn he pulls in next to me. We talk cars for a few mins then go our seperate ways, all in all a decent night for me.

For those not wanting to read all this here we go.
Gn vs G35:10-70 Gn by 5
Gn vs GT:40-75 GN by 2.5
Gn vs GTig up to 50 GN by 2.

G35 looked stock, not sure what if anything the GT had.
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Good kills, I love GN's but its a shame that you hardly ever see them around anymore! I know of a black one around here that is absolutely SICK!
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are your mods?
Old 02-04-2008 | 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

my first choice in cars was a gn but ended up with my camaro, good kills.
Old 02-04-2008 | 08:23 AM

Ya i love the car, though its not exactly the cheepest car to keep running as parts slowly get discontinued, or like the lovely power master break system, never should have been made in the first place. Came down to getting this or looking for a black trans am, got this because you dont seem them as often as trans ams.

As far as mods I've got , adj. fuel pressure reg, upgraded fuel pump, 60# inj, rjc plenium spacer, 3 inch dp with an open dump, solid intake pipe with k&n filter that is due for a cleaning, turbotweak chip, pte super stock location intercooler, te-61 turbo running 15#'s, th-400 trans with an 1800 stall(my ghetto traction control for the time being) and bfg drag radials out back. Not the best runnnig car at the moment but I've decided to just build up my own combo instead of continuing to try to finish what the previous owner started. Oh well time to find something a lil faster to play with before I break something again lol.
Old 02-04-2008 | 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the 3.8 Turbo its my answer to the Supra guys, we domestics have been putting down huge power with 6's for a long time!
Old 02-04-2008 | 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I love the 3.8 Turbo its my answer to the Supra guys, we domestics have been putting down huge power with 6's for a long time!
yes we have
Old 02-04-2008 | 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice, a GN! Got pics of the beast?
Old 02-04-2008 | 01:59 PM

nope no pics of it, need to but been lazy about doing it..and its not so beastly..yet